• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

On 03/06/2021 at 13:08, Gildeon said:

My latest PCGS submission came back. These are the regular size slabs (two are double thickness), I will present the large ones in another post. Some notes:

• NGC had also refused to grade my Iranian gold coin. Something that had to do with sanctions, which I couldn't understand, as this was from before the Islamic revolution. And they have graded several such Pahlavi coins. Anyway PCGS had no such issue and got a respectable MS65. 🧐

I am sure this is for fear of US government sanctions. While there are valid arguments for sanctions in general, it is too easy for powerful players, like the US government to use bully-boy tactics, and act like would-be dictators.

I noticed a later comment mentioned submitting it as Persian, and I always try to differentiate between past and present country names.

When it is a historic artefact, it strikes me that applying sanctions is an attempt to rewrite history.

It stikes me as bad that NGC would refuse to grade Iranian coins, but I wonder if this is NGC company policy, or simply an employee interpreting rules mindlessly. With big companies, particularly American ones, it is often difficult to find out, and frustrating trying to.

Do ebay and Amazon permit listings of Weimar Republic coins, some of which have Nazi symbolism? This is only a (semi) rhetorical question. If they still permit them this week, they may ban them next week, particularly if someone complains. 🙂

Chards

16 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

Not especially exciting for some. But love this type1 ms70. Just need a type 2 to go with it now

20210615_153355.jpg

20210615_153403.jpg

It would be easy to Google this, but I like to think I’m not the only ignoramus on the forum......so please tell more and we can all benefit!! What’s the difference and how do you know (aside from the NGC label!!!)

8 hours ago, ady said:

Today I received:- Sigma Verifier

Thanks to Zetberg SRO, Slovakia.

The purchase was straight forward & virtually problem-free. 

Now off to check all my early dodgy purchases.

image.thumb.png.91d38bc18e16b092a465df93a191d869.png

🤣 know what you mean, I was expecting half my stack to be fake lol

On 13/06/2021 at 17:00, MikeG1978 said:

Today I received this from the field 

I thought it may have been hammered but been told its a love token from a William 3rd sixpence 

It my second favourite colour in metal 

Not much to get from it but lovely bit of history 

Can't wait for hammered or gold and  bloke pulled up a gold stater inwas going on that dig too 

Ah well maybe next time 

16236001274866970591799708009381.jpg

16236001448001087803200954410079.jpg

HH

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

It would be easy to Google this, but I like to think I’m not the only ignoramus on the forum......so please tell more and we can all benefit!! What’s the difference and how do you know (aside from the NGC label!!!)

Type 2 is the new reverse eagle design that will feature on ASE coins going forward  thus 2021 type 1 and type 2 will be low mintage compared to other years as there only minted for half the year. I intend to grab as many graded as possible for the deep stack. Just a bonus that ASE is my favourite bullion coin 😀😀