• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

USA & Canada

Buy, sell or swap your precious metals. This section is for PM located in USA & Canada. Please indicate which country you are shipping from in your thread.
View all my active Trade Listings          View all my completed Trade Listings

Forums

1. USA & Canada (Ungraded)

This section is for Bars, Medals, Coins (Bullion, BU, Proof, ungraded) and other non graded precious metals located in UK & Europe. Please indicate which country you are shipping from in your thread.

There are two top tier grading companies that are widely accepted in the precious metals industry as being the two leading grading companies; Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) and Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS). We would recommend members to choose coins graded by these companies. Coins graded by these companies generally trade to a premium over coins graded by other less popular grading companies.

This section is for Graded (slabbed) precious metals only, located in USA & Canada. Please indicate which country you are shipping from in your thread.

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news, information and updates on TSF? Including FREE Prize Draws.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Latest Trade Topics (All regions)

• Latest Forum Posts

• Personally I would be asking for the full value of the insured amount. if you pay for upto £100 then you claim £100 if they lost the package, while it might sound dishonest, you paid for that amount of cover and the package was lost so you have the right to claim that. This could also take into account time spent making the deal, sourcing the items, the cost of time to package and send the item. You would also include damage to the sale or trade from them now not having the item, that could include buying the same items and reshipping to the person or just giving their money back directly. I genuinely feel that despite the true value of the items in the package if the item is totally lost it should be a full cover claim because youre going to have to now mess around with the claim too. As for proof of purchase etc, It was a signed letter by Obama or a drawing you made on some toilet paper that they bought i know this is silly but ultimately you dont have to be honest about what was in it either so long as it wasnt a forbidden item they can mind their own business. I say this because I hate the fact they ask what the item is in the post office, its not prohibited so mind your damn business.
    • What you say Pete is absolutely right and how it should be done, but the royal mail have a made it unfair.  I sell on ebay, and when i looked into making a claim it was very clear that the items purchase price would be the only one refunded, not the sale price or whatever value you put on it..regardless if extra insurance was taken out or not..In the end i didn't bother claiming. If it wasn't for their excellent special delivery service i dont think id bother with them to be honest.
    • Hidden (Premium Content)
    • Thanks @Madstacks and @Robjw for your comments. I will make up a story just to illustrate a scenario. 1. You purchased a Britannia silver privy one ounce coin for £25 from Bullion byPost in 2018. You kept the receipt but that's pretty useless compared to current prices / value. 2. You ship to a buyer using a tracked and signed Royal Mail service taking £250 insurance cover for loss. The small print covers valuables 3. The best price advertised for this coin today is £100 so that is it's true current value 4. The buyer has paid you £50 for the lost coin. You have insured the package for an amount that covers the loss. In my opinion the claim for loss should be the replacement value of £100 and neither the price you bought it for £25 or the price paid by the buyer £50. What would happen if you shipped a coin on a sale or return basis prior to agreeing a final price ? You value the coin at £200 but the buyer needs to decide if it is worth this amount but is lost in the post. I would hope that if you found the coin listed by a dealer you could submit this document as evidence of value for any loss. What you bought the coin for or what it sold for ( could have grossly undersold on eBay because of poor listing or lack of bids at the time ) seems irrelevant when you are insuring its "value". Anyone else had experience or wish to comment ??
    • Once you have been moved from the New Member group, either automatically after some time and some posts or by purchasing Premium Membership, you will then be able to edit your profile information.  Your profile contains some useful spaces to share with the community what you are collecting or investing in and your interests.  Filling out your profile is totally optional.  To edit your profile simple go to your profile page and click on the edit profile as shown in this screenshot: You will then be able to add information to the sections below and scroll to the bottom to press the save button: This information can then be seen by other members and guests browsing your profile page. It will be shown in the left column as shown in the screenshot below.
    • i sent this chart to a friend of mine - he is thinking of buying rental properties - i have cautioned him several times about this - he denies what appear to me to be obvious indicators of falling properties prices to come. This is the deflation Wonger talks about - there won't be deflation in gold - it is not in a bubble (yet) but the property market is a massive bubble fed by low interest rates.
    • This trade topic has been automatically closed as it is older than 30 days old. If your item is still for sale or your wanted listing is still valid, please submit a new listing.
    • This trade topic has been automatically closed as it is older than 30 days old. If your item is still for sale or your wanted listing is still valid, please submit a new listing.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    raul

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use