• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three Kilo+ Milestone Reached

Abyss

On 14/11/2020 at 14:15, richatthecroft said:

Great strategy, and decisively executed 😃 
I’m sure the premiums on the last couple of releases will have made you wince somewhat, but these premiums will be insignificant longer term 👍 

What was the strategy may I ask?

I’m sure the premiums on the last couple of releases will have made you wince somewhat, but these premiums will be insignificant longer term 👍 

9 hours ago, Connor said:

I'm not definitively sure what @Abyss strategy was definitively, you are best placed to ask him- but it is apparent that he stuck to his target of buying CGT free Gold and took the decision to accumulate 10x 1oz of each of the QB coins as they were gathering momentum in terms of premium as the series went on.  

2 hours ago, Stuntman said:

I will add to the superlatives - what a fantastic and beautiful stack.  It must feel very special to lay out 105 1-ounce gold coins and admire them in all their splendour and loveliness.

Well done 🙂

I don't get to visit my safety deposit box that often and when I do go it is a very special treat especially when taking photos to look back on. The beauty of the stack is not at hand and it is out of sight and out of mind therefore never taken into consideration when looking at finances. When I visited the secure storage facility I could hear a customer in the next room and he was obviously counting cash he had removed from his safety deposit box. I was thinking at the time I am so glad I had saved and stacked Gold rather than polymer banknotes...........

Edited by Abyss

4 hours ago, Abyss said:

had to pay some additional premium and increase in spot price offset by unfortunately having to sell off my Silver stack.

Would you have preferred to keep your Silver stack then?

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

On 14/11/2020 at 12:01, BazzaC said:

Amazing achievement 👏 

Enjoyed watching your progression, and journey the short time I've been here.

Any pointers, or advice you could offer a guy trying to get 100 sovs as a dream.... and keep the wife while at it 🤣

I found that starting before you met her is good, I started almost 20 years before I met mine.

3 hours ago, Stuntman said:

I will add to the superlatives - what a fantastic and beautiful stack.  It must feel very special to lay out 105 1-ounce gold coins and admire them in all their splendour and loveliness.

Well done 🙂

I find i keep comparing to larger stacks even if just in movies I watched as a kid like treasure island or the goonies or count of monte christo.

20190627_092341.jpg.1aee8e7c5eab410a5004d7c853f1db4a.jpg

Edited by DarkChameleon

4 hours ago, Heirlooms said:

Would you have preferred to keep your Silver stack then?

If Silver had stayed below $17 oz and Gold below $1400 oz and £/$ above 1.40 with no global pandemic with an increase risk in losing our jobs (already have few tenants struggling keep up with rent) then I would have completed both my Silver and Gold stacks I have no doubt. Don't get me wrong I loved my Silver stack and photos of the stack posted here it was always my intention to complete both. Weaker £ vs $ a higher PM price / premium and loss some rental income with job uncertainty mixed in I wanted to complete at least one of the stacks. Due to the portability of Gold vs Silver and I believe premiums with Gold QB coins will continue to rise over next X years we ( @h103efa it was an amicable discussion between me and my wife :)) decided sell the majority of the Silver and complete Gold stack. Was that the best decision I don't know only time will tell.........

4 hours ago, Abyss said:

out of sight and out of mind therefore never taken into consideration when looking at finances

^This. Glad to know I'm not the only one. While I know what my physical investment is, I don't factor it in when considering my current finances.

A magnificent achievement. Well done sir.

Equally matched by getting in and out of the security doors at your safe box facility, locating and opening up your box and finding somewhere suitable to take your photos - ALL WITHIN 15 minutes.  Mission impossible!

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

• 2 years later...
On 14/11/2020 at 14:05, Abyss said:

2 years, 4 months, 6 days as a Forum member and investing in PM's I have hit three kilos of Gold milestone now breached 👍

With thanks to the wider Forum 🙂 and The European Mint where I have purchased a large majority of my Queens Beast coins.

I have had to sell large proportion of my Silver and part of my Gold stack to finish off remaining 1oz Gold Queens Beast coins and a special thanks to everyone traded with me/provided help and advice:

@richatthecroft @Gordon @Kritika @Josh @silversky@Bizzle@AlphaBeast@SilverStan@MrScottsdale@kneehow2018@arshimo2012@Jamesd@Rugbyplayer@UKStacker@StackSellRepeat@Darr3nG @Downs523@Gildeon@woody65@Roy@louisfinlay@swanky@Neelam@Elements@db570uk@pyperb@GSTrading@RYAN05@Sharaf@Mox@GavinDevon@Airgead@BackyardBullion@Gabriel13@Jonno@jacksj1@Sparrowlegs4@Munzy247@brya0123@Disentme@newbysilver@Bambi7684@dicker@Airhead@juansanto7@adamthetaller@SilverDrum@Shazzam9@Jayjay@marco88@ram64@MuddyOfCoventry@Piggybank@GoldenEagle@Peet@SJones@Silverman2U@Poppy@DynamitesUK

All coins safely stored in non-banking private safety deposit box. Apologies lighting the photos were taken in the secure storage facility and I had 15 minutes access my safety deposit box due to covid restrictions.

5 oz Gold in Special Year Designs in bullion Britannia's

IMG_5059.thumb.JPG.ad14354eda1feba5cd7a75262a91c897.JPGIMG_5061.thumb.JPG.2947ecda2cebe7d8b26c3295decce9c8.JPG

Drum roll please for the main attraction.......

100 oz Gold Queens Beast bullion coins

IMG_5063.thumb.JPG.b7274b695fdf915bf73f330458a42d1b.JPGIMG_5065.thumb.JPG.b355d9e1497860c47a330944bf0a262e.JPGIMG_5067.thumb.JPG.7ae548adcc5b64bab2c1423bcb5e4ded.JPGIMG_5072.thumb.JPG.eb1f83df2ce5a7f78a9110d11def2258.JPG

Do you have an update, please?

What milestone do you have now?🤗

22 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Do you have an update, please?

What milestone do you have now?🤗

Hes got the same amount as @James32's loose change......

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

18 minutes ago, Abyss said:

And out of nowhere boom he appears :). As for my stack it is the same amount as I last posted back in June 2022

110 oz from the original series of the Gold Queens Beast collection, 10 oz Gold normal Britannia 8 oz special year Britannia years total 128 oz Gold (3.5 kilos) sold 2 oz Krugerrands while in India to pay for some bangles that I have made for my mums 70th birthday. I have not seen my stack for well over a year been sitting idle in Saint James safe deposit box with other family gold (from my wife/mums weddings). You may ask why I have not added to my stack for well over a year, happy to oblige and answer that question. Last year made redundant (lots of unresolved HR issues) took my employer to an employment tribunal and decided I have had enough of being an employee and transitioning to becoming a full time trader. When I was made redundant was lucky to be in a good financial position debt/mortgage free and had some rental income to cover all expenses for myself and family. So grateful for the stack of gold that I accumulated starting in 2016 as it always acted like a safety net in the back of mind while I pursed an alternative career path. Recently spoken with and hired an account in the process registering a business that allows me to pay corporation tax instead of income tax and numerous tax benefits owning a business.

My son applied amazing grammar school in Manchester and if he gets in then looking to start slowly adding to the stack in 2024 or alternatively if he does not get in then looking to migrate as a family to the USA and instead stacking Brittannia's will be staking 1 oz gold Buffalos..... Regardless where we go the original gold stack will always serve its purpose as the family's safety net in case anything unexpected happened in the future.

Very nice, thanks for taking the time to talk with us!

Best wishes to you, your family and your new business!🤗