• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

21 hours ago, Jamesd said:

Gunna be a drip fed week lol. Some lovely bits for my personal stack today. Thanks @Tomcbol for the lovely noble and @RiverbankSilver for yet more epic rounds. Also to @morezone for 2 very cool airtight and tube combo's and a ebay bargain with the 2017 chiwoo 

20200707_153919.jpg

20200707_153804.jpg

20200707_160537.jpg

20200707_154015.jpg

Nobles always remind ne ofbthe rover 2000 tc my dad had when i was a kid.

Just now, DarkChameleon said:

Does he do other currency?

Funnily enough I have already asked if he could do some $’s to match! Said will look at again but is a bit trickier and would need to be larger (I’ve no problem with that 😂

4 minutes ago, FTYBR said:

Funnily enough I have already asked if he could do some $’s to match! Said will look at again but is a bit trickier and would need to be larger (I’ve no problem with that 😂

Me neither, a good way to start a set, not like there isnt a few out thereto do.

9 hours ago, BrumChris said:

The colour certainly adds to that one.

Called the mint the next day ...sold out in one morning. Given there were 7500 at around £95 a pop. They netted around  £712,500k. Then the 500 limited £195 2oz. So another £97k... then there is the non silver coins. So probably close to £1million sold in a few hours... not bad for a mornings work eh’ ;) 

Added 0 minutes later...
1 hour ago, OriginalS said:

I was only supposed to be dipping my toe back into gold this month 😂😂

Someone stop me

1906 half sovereign

1915 Austrian 4 ducat restrike

1981 1/10 krug

And my first bit of platinum 2020 1/10 Britannia

IMG_20200708_194507.jpg

IMG_20200708_194707__01.jpg

IMG_20200708_194653.jpg

Love the ducat... got one myself. Is that a restrike? 

On 07/07/2020 at 17:30, SILVERFINGER said:

This arrived today, a 1942 dated, Irish 1/2 Crown, second type, made of .750 silver.
A quite large coin the Irish Half Crown featured an Irish Hunter horse on the reverse, all Irish coins of this period had a national animal on their reverse, a Gaelic Harp featured on the obverse of all coins.
The 1/2 Crown was the highest denomination of coin that Ireland had during the pre decimal period, the first type of coin released was in 1928 and the harp separated the date with the century one side and the year the other, also on the reverse was the words Saorstat Eireann or 'Free State' , in 1939 there was a second type of coin released which had the date all in one area and the words Free State replaced with Eire or Ireland.
The mintage for these coins was very low, that combined with the high silver content meant that not many of these coins have survived in uncirculated condition, silver was used in circulation Irish coins until 1943, though very few were made that last year.
My coin while in mint condition with all its lustre looks to have a slight manufacturing fault, above the horse it looks like a rogue piece of silver got stamped into the coin with some other bits, perhaps this is why its in such good condition, was it put aside as a reject possibly ? it came from London where they were minted by the Royal Mint.
The production figures for the second type 1/2 Crown are as follows, as can be seen, each year production got lower and lower,

1939,   888,000
1940,   752,000
1941,   320,000
1942,   286,000
1943,   1,000

DSCN2961.thumb.JPG.7c2499f9810d7b13cce77751ebbf0699.JPG

DSCN2963.thumb.JPG.6d3569e96d38861d2178c8c043f28e17.JPG

Some extra information for you.

IMG_20200708_215016.jpg

19 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

Love the ducat... got one myself. Is that a restrike? 

It's certainly different to most coins, I'm pretty sure it's a restrike, the interweb is pretty unclear about this coin from what I've read

40 minutes ago, FTYBR said:

This heavy beast arrived today, to look after the Kilo Aztec Calendar 😆 

I don't know why but my first thought was that would be good to lamp an intruder over the head with lol

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

On 07/07/2020 at 11:49, PapaLazarou said:

2010 Silver Proof 1oz Kangaroo at Sunset

This gem is my tenth of twelve needed for a complete set and is the last of the three such proof designs. It is the rarest "Sunset" with just 3,500 of the 5,000 limit actually minted.

The condition is pretty-much immaculate and has been captured extremely professionally by @CadmiumGreen without the need to open the capsule. The detailing on the kangaroo itself is exquisite.

2010 Pf Sunset Roo Rev2.jpeg

Lovely sunset roo and fabulous photos. 🇦🇺

I believe the 2009 F12 proof sunset roo is the lowest actual mintage, followed by the carded 2009 F12 Unc roo, these are generally the most sought after coins in auctions ;)

edit: I stand corrected! After many checks seems (drumroll) we can't be sure which one it is with the lowest mintage - RAM data is lacking! However, it's not 2009 - that much is now certain 😅

Edited by jultorsk
mintage

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken