• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

One kilo+ milestone reached!

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

Beautiful to behold. Well done and thank you for sharing.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

10 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Wow that's an epic proof collection, and that's an understatement.

Hard work pays, nothing else

Was your focus primarily on the proofs ?

What's your % split proof v bullion?

Congratulations 🔥🔥🔥

Thanks. My initial focus was bullion but I then moved into (the right) proofs as the price is de-tethered from the spot price. My split currently is approximately 33% bullion 67% proofs

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

4 hours ago, westminstrel said:

That’s an amazing collection.

Every set of images is unique and special - congratulations!

Did you never get into the Great Engravers collection?

Thanks. I started collecting proofs just after the Una so I missed out on that then I had the 2oz Three Graces in my cart which then disappeared when I tried to pay 😩. I did get the Gothics but the 2 coin set approach and my OCD of not getting the 1st two made me move them on. The only one I’d add to my collection would be the Una which I’ll never be able to afford but one can dream 💭 

13 hours ago, Heirlooms said:

Started seriously stacking/collecting gold just over 3 years ago and breached the 1KG level late last year. The forum has been a massive part of this journey, @ChrisSilver I thank you for creating the community and the work you put in daily to cultivating a thriving environment, long may it continue. Started with silver, then moved onto bullion gold and proof coins thereafter. There's also a bunch of others to thank for the help, guidance, advice, encouragement and inspiration to make it to this point (I'm sure I've left out a load of other peeps):

@Clockpuncher @Abyss @SilverMike @richatthecroft @Jaconet @Roy @Elements @Spectre77 @BarryWoods @Alun @Tn21 @James32 @cliveb13 @sovereignsteve @DevonNumismatic @Spence098 @StackSellRepeat @1stsovereign @LiquidMetalsUK @CadmiumGreen @1817Karl @AndrewSL76 @Sparrowlegs4 @Shinus73 @terakris @kneehow2018 @Neelam @Stuntman @dicker @jultorsk @DynamitesUK @BackyardBullion @Spanishsilver @Stu @Paul @PapaLazarou @CoinStruck @westminstrel @trozau @DarkChameleon @Britannia47 @Petra @foinikas @Pete @RDHC

With the lovely weather of the bank holiday weekend I felt like sharing my collection so here it is. I took a load of pretty pics before putting everything back in lock up. I think I've accumulated a decent collection. I have a few outliers that I'll most probably sell on the forum at some point which are not part of below so keep a look out. I also may part with the bullion Britannia set (feel free to drop me a message if you're interested).

What next? I feel I have enough from an investment portfolio for now but I may start to pick up a few key older sovs, we'll see. Let me know what you think and thanks to you all again:

The 12 bullion special design Britannia's, available for one year only

image.thumb.jpeg.4e405026bbf760704c41b92d7da3864b.jpeg

The 4 Philip Nathan special design 1oz Britannia's + 2014 Jody Clark 1oz Britannia all PF70

image.thumb.jpeg.ce0975e902e0a2cf197c8297c2e45da2.jpeg

The 10 modern sovereign special designs available for one year only all PF 70

image.thumb.jpeg.807cca80f74f424b78616ead0e725b50.jpeg

The 1989, 2012, 2016, 2022 and 2023 sovereign sets all in PF70

image.thumb.jpeg.45fb88d7209f975cd9fd7d28714612d7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f60a7082546794c0f6439e9b3ea189ee.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.da0cd6aaa6193e9221024c9e7b625553.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8e27fdff38dc26bbe9ddff616fbc7a17.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d22cdad112b960f3d70d3e7cbc109313.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4523b750f7c02507f350fadff565533f.jpeg

The 3 special design Strike on the day Sovereigns (2017, 2022 and 2023) all in MS70

image.thumb.jpeg.bb22f19969bd60a7b9e05e8c9272670f.jpeg

The 3 Royal Mint limited edition special release Royal Mint coins (After the silent auction debacle I will give the 2023 matte proof set a miss)

• 2021 2oz Queens Beast Completer PF70 (my prized possession 😍)
  • 2022 Piedfort Pattern Platinum Jubilee Plain Edged Sovereign PF70
  • 2023 2oz King Charles Coronation PF70 MATTE

image.thumb.jpeg.e4f8270cc968490286788de20c803c42.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.75eb5bc298ef65e9ce854619dc9449a8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fcf5866a326c6dda0ac8198034c5b12e.jpeg

Some go for quantity, some go for quality. You sir did both :)

stacking is so pleasurable seeing a post like this. Beauty to behold, little handfuls of joyfully goodness to admire and fondle. 

even nicer when you realise your careful chosen picks have gone up 50-100%+ to what you paid

I forgot the 2oz completer gold proof even existed I have not seen one available since launch. Modern classic

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Some go for quantity, some go for quality. You sir did both :)

stacking is so pleasurable seeing a post like this. Beauty to behold, little handfuls of joyfully goodness to admire and fondle. 

even nicer when you realise your careful chosen picks have gone up 50-100%+ to what you paid

I forgot the 2oz completer gold proof even existed I have not seen one available since launch. Modern classic

Thanks. The 2oz completer is a site to behold. Not many modern designs that can rival it, definitely no original design I've seen, maybe the 2014 Britannia (both designed by Jody Clark). The Una, Three Graces, 2017 sov and 1989 sov are great designs but they're remasters of previous coins. 

Awesome collection, top notch 😍

15 hours ago, Heirlooms said:

What next?

You've got everything there is to want already except perhaps a set of QBs? which you probably have got.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024