• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

12 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I got the Coin Yearbook 2022 as well, have you noticed any problems with it? I have but not sure it deserves its own thread (?). It's very sloppy in places - I was very surprised when I started digging in. It misses some coins entirely (e.g. the Piedfort Proof Sovereign 2019 - but there are more missing). The Strike on the Day Sov section is muddled, incomplete, and badly-written. It gives prices, and says recent releases are given an issue and not market price (BUT it doesn't tell you where the two values in each section change!). Page 249 lists the 'fiive pence'! @LawrenceChard - as an advertiser - if you know these people and they need an editor/proofreader please feel free to send them my way!

I will do if and when I get the chance.

It might be worth you mentioning it direct to them, via their website.

They are nice people at Token Publishing. I guess it is a struggle to keep up with all the recent RM releases, and as most of us know the RM seem to be very selective about the info they do release.

The Britannia book also looks interesting. I look forward to seeing a copy of it when I get home.  

Chards

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Many thanks @LawrenceChard, I shall be in touch I think - hopefully they'd like to make their book more accurate and user-friendly, and not have ridiculous typos like 'fiiive' in it :)

Perhaps it's advance notice of a top secret Royal Mint error coin?

😎

Chards

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

Perhaps it's advance notice of a top secret Royal Mint error coin?

😎

I am the last person on Earth to accuse someone of being a 'conspiracy theorist', but surely it's beyond even the mighty powers of the Royal Mint to manage to back and change all the five pence pieces from 1968 to 2008 (p.249) to being 'fiives'? 🤣

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Not coin or P.M. related, but...

IMG_20211230_123014.thumb.jpg.e9eab1e4a54f610943682b611f73633e.jpg

The pastries arrived gratis with my coffee.

I only ate the small Danish.

😎

There were 2 copies of the photo because the first failed to upload according to TSF, but it appeared in the posting.

I tried to edit the post and delete the duplicate, but it reappeared.

Still, two for the price of one can't be all bad, which reminds me of a recent news item:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59826345

Santander: Bank hands out £130m in Christmas blunder

The error occurred when payments from 2,000 business accounts were made twice.

Anyone on TSF received £2,000 twice over Christmas?

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

I also got these today in a boxing day mystery box. I've never seen these before but they look quite nice and come in neat rectangular capsules.

Does anyone know anything about them, or who makes them?

image.thumb.png.55dfb797fd9e199d9d39d10b2a17c286.png

image.thumb.png.2ba1ba43aa9edc17dd58a37d7b53308e.png

@morezone  had some for sales a while back I believe, he might know a little more about the silver note's 

19 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

There were 2 copies of the photo because the first failed to upload according to TSF, but it appeared in the posting.

Still, two for the price of one can't be all bad, which reminds me of a recent news item:

😎

Double bullion orders from Chards incoming !!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

I wish, that would have been long spent :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

20 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I thought you was playing a game of spot the difference 🤣

13 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Frisch aus den Boxing Day-Verkäufen!

Es ist ziemlich groß: Silber 1969 halber Dollar, eingebettet in die Rückseite der Münze für den Maßstab :D 

image.thumb.png.4a3c28d47fd7c8830ce0f655353258cd.png

image.thumb.png.5186d754f5f9b770c8fb13538e023eda.png

Hi Paul, I love this type of medal, very nicely done. May I ask how heavy it is? Greetings from Maxe and have a good new year.

On 24/12/2021 at 13:38, Mrpound said:

Got these earlier in the week- not normally what I go for but I have to say I am very happy with them! Especially now they are at home in some airtites (if you know you know)

would have more to show but I think my postie has taken the past few days off 😞

663D0A84-2314-410E-8936-73262D8E998C.jpeg

If you ever look to sell these or any pre-1850 British coins look me up. :)