• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

37 minutes ago, James32 said:

100% agreed and I'm considering one strongly.

shame they had to hike the price up recently but then again I could give you a couple of weeks to test all you have then hopefully bored and stick it in the exchange section for a gothic crown🤣 

had my sigma a while now and wouldent be without it. best investment ill make..Piece of mind is everything. have fun 

6 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Do you mind if I ask you what the damage was on that ?

Also did it come from the US?

Got mine from the USA buddy from this guy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sigma-Metalytics-Precious-Metal-Verifier-Bullion-Set-Factory-2-Year-Warranty-Inc-/115028413977?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

WEB:  http://www.riverbanksilver.com/     INSTAGRAM @riverbanksilver

2 minutes ago, RiverbankSilver said:

Snap. they were awsome to deal with. glad I dident pay those prices though 😂

1 hour ago, LiquidMetalsUK said:

had my sigma a while now and wouldent be without it. best investment ill make..Piece of mind is everything. have fun 

100% agree with this. I'm happy I bought one. Also as and when I need to sell, I can give that extra confidence that the buyer is getting a genuine product

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

5 minutes ago, lst65 said:

First try at this dealer…have to say very impressed with what I received. Low value sale (ish) to see what arrived..

B66EB811-D81D-4F4C-96D4-B70EDC0083B6.jpeg

90A5AB61-1EEE-4CA8-A339-77215429F497.jpeg

03DB07E0-DAF7-4311-89A6-3A602CEDF197.jpeg

Very nice presentation and big thanks for sharing experience ( will put a few minds at rest now)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Very nice presentation and big thanks for sharing experience ( will put a few minds at rest now)

That’s why I posted it James - I saw a lot of discussion about Tavex but my experience was very good. Hope you’re having a fabulous Christmas. 🎅

16 minutes ago, lst65 said:

That’s why I posted it James - I saw a lot of discussion about Tavex but my experience was very good. Hope you’re having a fabulous Christmas. 🎅

You too 🎅🎅

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

9 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Does anyone know when the Tavex Christmas offers finish? They are certainly tempting.

End of December was the response @timsk received from them.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

26 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Thanks very much. That is very helpful 👍

My pleasure! If it helps, there are several of us that have ordered. My partner is going to be ordering this week as well, if you need to get some positive feelings about the company

46 minutes ago, Gruff said:

End of December was the response @timsk received from them.

Hi Gruff,

This is pure speculation on my part - so take what I'm about to say with a large pinch of salt. My suspicion is that the Tavex' 'Christmas Deal' is a loss leader designed specifically to generate interest in the way that it has here. That said, there's not that much interest (thus far) and, given that they've only been operating in the U.K. for a few months will - likely as not - want to continue to raise their profile into the new year. So, I suspect their deal will either be extended, or morph into a 'New Year Deal', or whatever.

The difficultly I have - and I guess anyone in the market for silver Britannia's has - is trying to decide if A) the recent market spot price low is a turning point and the downtrend is in the process of reversing, or B) if the late December bounce was merely part of the equities market Santa Rally and, come the new year, prices will once again push lower. If the latter is the case, the current 'deal' from Tavex doesn't look quite so attractive. So, what to do? As no one can answer the question I've posed, the smart move might be to divide whatever one has to invest into two or three portions. Use one chunk to buy now and, if prices tank, buy the dips on the the way down. If the recent low is 'the' low, then at least one's got in close to it with a deal that's much better than anyone else is currently offering.

Like I say, just my £0.02p worth - probably a load of bunkum! 😉

Edited by timsk

On 25/12/2021 at 16:32, AuricGoldfinger said:

Some bedtime/throne reading. Merry Christmas all!

60ED90E5-D188-4F7C-8753-018FB1E7401F.jpeg

I got the Coin Yearbook 2022 as well, have you noticed any problems with it? I have but not sure it deserves its own thread (?). It's very sloppy in places - I was very surprised when I started digging in. It misses some coins entirely (e.g. the Piedfort Proof Sovereign 2019 - but there are more missing). The Strike on the Day Sov section is muddled, incomplete, and badly-written. It gives prices, and says recent releases are given an issue and not market price (BUT it doesn't tell you where the two values in each section change!). Page 249 lists the 'fiive pence'! @LawrenceChard - as an advertiser - if you know these people and they need an editor/proofreader please feel free to send them my way!

Edited by kimchi