• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, lst65 said:

Thanks so much Lawrence - that really helps. Promise you that it wasn’t a critical question, just me being a newbie and trying to navigate this wonderful (new) world of Gold and Silver. 😊 Thanks again. 🙏

You're welcome.

I am always happy to receive criticism, and did not take yours for negative even for an instant. It was a perfectly good question, and our website should be easy to follow and understand.🙂

Chards

22 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I posted a comment about the bagmarks and scuffs a few days ago, basically saying it might be difficult or impossible to find any slabbable as MS70 or near.

My guess is the RM want you to buy a proof if you want near perfect.

Some years ago, they did use to market a B.U. version of their bullion sovereigns, whcih I think they reserved as their own direct purchase exclusive (anti-competitive). Obviously they charged more for them, but it did give people and extra choice.

Unfortunately, but quite typically, I saw some B.U. ones which were obviously not B.U., but only bullion, and it seems like nobody at the RM knew or understood the difference.

😎

I can assume in the Royal Mint quality control operating procedure manual that they refer to the terms B.U. and non B.U. to mean "buggered up" and "not buggered up".
I know that silver has important anti bacterial and disinfecting properties so I will keep one of my new 2022 Britannia's next to my toilet brush and use it from time to time to freshen up the brush. Should last for years !!

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

I can assume in the Royal Mint quality control operating procedure manual that they refer to the terms B.U. and non B.U. to mean "buggered up" and "not buggered up".
I know that silver has important anti bacterial and disinfecting properties so I will keep one of my new 2022 Britannia's next to my toilet brush and use it from time to time to freshen up the brush. Should last for years !!

It might tarnish though!

2013elizabethii1oz2poundssilverbullionTONEDobverseandreversedesignscoin3-4000px.thumb.jpg.06cea9411f3a520a6b89e2b3beea3375.jpg

😎

Chards

Just now, MetalsMan said:

@BackyardBullion and his silver bomb drop. Biggie and Smallz 💣💣💣

20211109_103706.jpg

20211109_103719.jpg

Oooh I hope that I am lucky enough to get one of each on the waitlist. They look awesome

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

3 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

Mexican wins everytime buddy 😀😀

Ariiiiiiiiiibah! :lol:

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

47 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Niue Leonardo Da Vinci / Icons of Inspiration, second issue. Not the same allmost proof finish like Galileo, but still a great coin and  propably the nicest Liberty ever been on a modern coin. 

20211109_225003.jpg

20211109_224751.jpg

20211109_225601.jpg

20211109_225434.jpg

20211109_232422.jpg

20211109_232512.jpg

Do you know how many coins will be in this series? I have the Galileo which I really like, bit not sure about carrying on with them.