• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 minute ago, Gypsy said:

You need to return it and get your money back. They have no right to sell you a coin in this condition. 

Thanks, I will likely do that. I'm sure it was probably just an oversight, and they are usually very good at taking things back and sending a replacement very quickly. 

2 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Tarnish is not damage, some value it,look at some of the highest grade old coins and they can look like a rust ball but it's all color not damage.

I never said damage. It’s a newer coin and it should not be in this condition. Or it should be listed as such.  
As  for old coins,I seek out highly toned crowns and half crown.

There is a huge difference between an old silver crown and a 2011 gold Britannia. 

You don't expect tarnish on 9999 silver that is only a few years old so this coin has been exposed to a pretty bad atmosphere generally involving lots of smoke.
You might see this if the owner kept it next to his pipe or it was found in a drawer in a house that caught fire once.
S.P. should be ashamed selling a coin in this condition unless it was specifically described as heavily tarnished as this is definitely not normal for a coin this age.

1 hour ago, Gypsy said:

Received this  9 set half sovereign by the RM. ashame 2 coins are of a different date from the coa. Nevertheless the coins look immaculate. 

1384747C-6863-4A5F-91F1-2B3F13A67648.jpeg

If the coins are not what is on the CoA then I would be asking questions as it's like telling the police you have a valid MOT but only to find out later it is for another car.
See what they say !!

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

If the coins are not what is on the CoA then I would be asking questions as it's like telling the police you have a valid MOT but only to find out later it is for another car.
See what they say !!

Iv been in touch with the company I bought it from. They are dealing with it. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

You don't expect tarnish on 9999 silver that is only a few years old so this coin has been exposed to a pretty bad atmosphere generally involving lots of smoke.
You might see this if the owner kept it next to his pipe or it was found in a drawer in a house that caught fire once.
S.P. should be ashamed selling a coin in this condition unless it was specifically described as heavily tarnished as this is definitely not normal for a coin this age.

Out of the two I'd rather have tarnished overmilk spotted or copper spotted...it can always be dipped.

4 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

@paulmerton have you had any joy with that awful 2014 you were sold? Mine was from Atkinsons.

22 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Haven't done anything about it yet - I actually got 5 in total as that made them about £23 each (all 2014) during the silver dip earlier in the week and the rest were fine like yours.

2 minutes ago, Richiesilver said:

Today's delivery, the 2002 half I have been after for ages! Also a beautiful selection of 925 coinage. The mint lustre on the half crowns and the shillings is just incredible. As much as I love gold, there is somthing so incredibly exciting about uncirculated 1900s early coinage! 😍

20211105_123629.jpg

Nothing beats a toned crown. It has this special beauty. So attractive.
Beautiful little pot there @Richiesilver