• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

3 hours ago, Ranger2girls said:

nice 1821  sovereign was actually a metal detecting find has some damage but nice coin 20210220_151628.thumb.jpg.b209b15cee526ed4e6457797717a017c.jpg

20210220_151634.jpg

Amazing.

I pity the poor sod who lost it. 😆

There must be thousands of coins like this buried across the world.

Edited by Foster88

31 minutes ago, Arbkev said:

Nice @Spence098 I've been regretting not bidding more on this. Fair play to you its a lovely piece.

Thanks mate...yea I love it thought it would go higher if I'm honest.

Not sure what it's worth but doesn't matter to me this one's staying with me for a long time 😂👍

3 hours ago, Ranger2girls said:

nice 1821  sovereign was actually a metal detecting find has some damage but nice coin 20210220_151628.thumb.jpg.b209b15cee526ed4e6457797717a017c.jpg

20210220_151634.jpg

20210220_151612.jpg

20210220_151543.jpg

I keep getting asked by the kids to go metal detecting 

Its working out where we can go though 

Would love to find any old coins -gold would be amazing  especially  an old sov

Can dream though.

The metal which helps me the most is cast iron -fixing woodburners dirty job but worth doing 

49 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

I keep getting asked by the kids to go metal detecting 

Its working out where we can go though 

Would love to find any old coins -gold would be amazing  especially  an old sov

Can dream though.

The metal which helps me the most is cast iron -fixing woodburners dirty job but worth doing 

grab a metal detector you can get a cracking machine for less than 300 quid second hand then.hit the beaches parks fair fields ect for the kids 

2 hours ago, Ranger2girls said:

grab a metal detector you can get a cracking machine for less than 300 quid second hand then.hit the beaches parks fair fields ect for the kids 

@MikeG1978 Without going off thread topic, just make sure you always get permission first. Someone owns every piece of land.

You can detect on Crown owned beaches without permission but not all beaches. Asking local farmers for permission is the best idea.

40 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

First ever auction win, paid slightly more then I maybe should have but at £380 delivered still not bad. Mainly purchased due it being the 2016 gold standard coin first version to come out. 

I have the 18,19,20 gold standard coin versions.   

I bought some 2020 ones off you last year - my favourite gold coins. :)

1 hour ago, Tn21 said:

First ever auction win, paid slightly more then I maybe should have but at £380 delivered still not bad. Mainly purchased due it being the 2016 gold standard coin first version to come out. 

I have the 18,19,20 gold standard coin versions.   

16140235080154313389486926859731.jpg

I wanted to do a date run with them but due to the 17s never being made I didn't bother 

3 minutes ago, MickB said:

Today I received these silver coins @DuncanWylieWilson and the Gibraltar 2021 1/4 oz sovereign from @diesel.  Both great forum members to deal with. 

I am glad that you are happy, Mick. A pleasure as always! Cheers mate! 🤠

"INDIVIDUAL AMBITION SERVES THE COMMON GOOD." – Adam Smith

⚜️ Sub-Forum https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/144-wilson-numismatics-uk/

Instagram_logo_2016_svg.png.0244211e338af7f899b5e071b205d306.png Instagram https://www.instagram.com/wilsonnumismatics/

🕸 Website https://worldgold.co.uk

8 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:
2009 RAM 3-Coin Silver Proof "Artists" Set

This set, comprising "pad-printed" coloured versions of the 2007-09 Skippies, represents the Royal Australian Mint's only deviation into the world of felt-tip silver roos. The many other examples on the market are all third-party offerings, predominantly on the part of Downies. 

Reg Mombassa, Ken Done and family favourite Rolf "Can You Guess Where I Am Now" Harris were the three contributing daubers.

In keeping with coloured Maples, Eagles  and the gilded Brits and Roos, I had always thought this set would be BU, so their being proof quality was a pleasing bonus.

I do not like coloured coins, in fact I positively dislike them. I bought this set purely because they are official members of the collection and I am a certified RAM roo-whore. Not being as garish as most coins of their ilk, I had convinced myself that my compromise - although weak and hypocritical - was, nevertheless, acceptable. Upon receipt I was embarrassingly satisfied with my decision and find the trio to be really rather pleasing. 

The proof surrounds set off well the coloured insets, while the privy-like tiny kangaroos suggest a hint of humour -  this mint is known for not succumbing to that particular pursuit of Mammon.  

The condition is truly exceptional and once again illustrates the vastly superior techniques employed compared with the likes of the RM and the RCM, both now synonymous with the apparently obligatory risks of scratching, milking, spotting and hazing to accompany damaged capsules and shabby packaging. This set even come with their own miniature metal easels - a marked upgrade on the plastic cereal-box gifts generally available.

My collection of ag Skippies is now complete for 1993-2020, weighing in at a healthy 72ozt (2.2kg) - including the 2018 Anniversary 3oz Roobar and 5oz Gilded masterpiece.

The two 2021 Kangaroos have now been released - but I am in little hurry to buy at their customary exploitative issue prices.

I wish to offer my thanks to all those who have offered me their encouragement in compiling this ongoing chef-d'oeuvre, and in particular@trp@jultorsk@CoinStruck@CadmiumGreenand@MancunianStackerfor all their help, assistance and advice.

Artists Roos Rolf.jpg

Artists Roos Mombassa.jpg

Artists Roos Ken Done.jpg

Artists Roos Easels.jpg

Artists Roos Obv.jpg

Artists Roos Privy.jpg

Artists Roos 999.jpg

Artists Roos Box.jpg

These look great 👌 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA