• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

6 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Are any of those monster boxes for sale if empty 

Free Monster Box to protect and store your coins
(With ever order for 500!)
On a serious note, there might be some, we do tend to find them useful for our own storage though.

Chards

51 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

Some of the world silvers I received today. Particularly like the Australia shilling with great obverse toning - the camera doesn’t do it justice. 

Also some rare Norway coins. I am thinking of sending the 1912 krone for grading but am not great at guessing grades- what do you think it would get? (And would it be worth it?)

Such a shame about the holed 1887 krone turning a $150 coin into $10 ouch 😂

9DB6D8B4-D870-4CF6-A553-7C1A131F63E6.jpeg

2FCEDC2E-B5ED-4DA1-8C5B-A0A2555CFC8A.jpeg

05EDFD82-53D0-4020-AABB-EAD5ACE93B1D.jpeg

5E49E871-25C4-4B5B-A048-54D77ED87EBA.jpeg

52FE6AD5-198E-49C5-B589-56645BEB6E1E.jpeg

0DBD2DAD-9C88-4452-874F-9193815936DA.jpeg

D21F2379-8EA2-417C-BB57-277D75F02958.jpeg

No idea on the grading, but its one of the nicest I have seen, I always enjoy your posts and you collect coins from around the era I like,  your picture of the Aussie one is quite helpful as I see quite a few of their silver WW2 era coins with that design and the animal side always looks pretty worn, (harder to tell from the GRVI side on a bad photo) but on your GRV the king looks very sharp but the otherside is the same as some others I have seen, was the reverse of these coins a little fuzzy even when freshly minted ?  

5 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

No idea on the grading, but its one of the nicest I have seen, I always enjoy your posts and you collect coins from around the era I like,  your picture of the Aussie one is quite helpful as I see quite a few of their silver WW2 era coins with that design and the animal side always looks pretty worn, (harder to tell from the GRVI side on a bad photo) but on your GRV the king looks very sharp but the otherside is the same as some others I have seen, was the reverse of these coins a little fuzzy even when freshly minted ?  

I find grading circulated coins very hard and this is the first Krone I have had in hand so very hard to know what to compare it to! I do wonder why Norwegian silvers are so expensive compared to other coins with similar mintages. Thanks for the kind words about my photos- I love circulated world silvers.

It's interesting what you say about the Aussie coins- I had never noticed it before but looking through my collection you definitely have a point. At a guess I would say that the raised part of the coins is the kanagroo and emu either side of the shield (similar to the date part on the standing liberty quarters) so that part wears first, but looking at the numista photo for the animal reverse, there appears to be a distinct lack of detail compared with the obverse- particularly George V.

image.png

3 hours ago, Blehhhh said:

You get any gold?

🤣Thanks for reminding me, last I heard  "we will let you know tomorrow," ( she never let me know, ) now 2 weeks later I am still on hold on the phone right now and she goes "ya, I will let you know because that would be bad if we lost it or something,"

I go " your telling me, "

She then says "you can try back next week," .... I said "no I'll just keep holding I want a conformation weather or not you lost it today." 🤪

Been on for 30 minutes, kinda sketchy, I'll let ya know if she finds my gold.

Ok just got off she said " ok we found it in a different warehouse but we don't think we have access.." then said I might want to cancel it because she doens't know how long it will be.

Edited by OneBlueSummer

23 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

And my favourite... and quite topical at the moment coin 😂- a 1915 1 Korona Austrian coin with stunning rainbow toning. Very hard to capture the extent of this beautiful obverse toning, but although the condition isn't amazing, the toning makes this coin very beautiful to look at.

Beautiful toning- Gold coins are all well and good but when you see a coin like this it makes me rethink what I should be Really collecting.  Thanks for sharing. 

2 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Beautiful toning- Gold coins are all well and good but when you see a coin like this it makes me rethink what I should be Really collecting.  Thanks for sharing. 

I think gold coins are much better looking than silver coins, but I dont think many people can build up such an extensive collection of gold coins (I certainly can't). To put it in perspective, that Korona cost me about 40p in a huge job lot of silver coins I bought- I know that's a good price for it, but personally I get more pleasure as a collector having lots of silver coins with a hundred plus years of history and culture, having survived wars, famines, genocides etc. than 1/10oz gold mass produced and minted in 2000 something.

I do also collect gold coins, but my favourites are and always will be the world silvers :)

44 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

Been waiting on flips for a few days now so had a pile of smaller silvers ready for 22.5mm flips.

There's a little bit of everything here, some nice Russian and Bulgarian coins including an almost proof looking 1913 50 Stotinki.

Some pre-German empire coins and the strangest and most precise silver quantity coin I own! A .4375 silver content Austrian Kreuzer!

A very nice KGV Australia 6 Pence with very strong detail on both reverse and obverse and some nice toning to it !@SILVERFINGER

A couple of Billon coins (I still count these as silver) Inc a 5 rappen 1873.

And my favourite... and quite topical at the moment coin 😂- a 1915 1 Korona Austrian coin with stunning rainbow toning. Very hard to capture the extent of this beautiful obverse toning, but although the condition isn't amazing, the toning makes this coin very beautiful to look at.

IMG_20200425_1030068.jpg

IMG_20200425_1026538.jpg

IMG_20200425_1032437.jpg

IMG_20200425_1031196.jpg

IMG_20200425_1035048.jpg

IMG_20200425_1032499.jpg

IMG_20200425_1033086.jpg

IMG_20200425_0937566.jpg

IMG_20200425_1035364.jpg

IMG-20200425-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20200425-WA0003.jpg

Crikey your collection is far bigger than mine, some stonking coins there I had another come today so will try and remember to dig them all out for a group shot.