• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

@SILVERFINGER

Obverse: middle national emblem, copy "REPUBLIKA ČESKOSLOVENSKÁ" and the year, preloved.

Rub: sitting figure of the republic with young shoots of linden between attributes of industry and agriculture above the silhouette of Hradčany (Prague?), stamp. values "10Kč", preloved.

Helpful? 😁

Perhaps @richatthecroft was right, but the like the swastika it wasn't always a communist/nazi symbol.

22 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Nah this coins long before the communist coup that happened after WW2, I think this coin is celebrating some sort of new republic, we need a Czech collector, there is nothing in any of my books or on Numista about it

2 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Perhaps @richatthecroft was right, but the like the swastika it wasn't always a communist/nazi symbol.

Not sure I am anywhere near correct but the Communists were quite a force at the time this coin was minted- perhaps somehow they managed to get an adaptation of their emblem onto the coinage? 

From the Wikipedia article: 

The Communist Party of Czechoslovakia was founded at the congress of the Czechoslovak Social-Democratic Party (Left), held in PragueMay 14–16, 1921.[1] Rudé právo, previously the organ of the Left Social-Democrats, became the main organ of the new party. As a first chairman was elected Václav Šturc, first vice-chairman was Bohumír Šmeral and second vice-chairman was Vaclav Bolen. The party was one of some twenty political parties that competed within the democratic framework of the First Czechoslovak Republic, but it was never in government. In 1925 parliamentary election the party gained 934,223 votes (13.2%, 2nd place) and 41 seats.

The party was the Czechoslovak section of the Communist International. As of 1928 the party was the second-largest section of the International, with an estimated membership of around 138,000,[2] more than twice the membership of the French Communist Partyand nearly five times the membership of the Communist Party of China at the time.[3]

34 minutes ago, Tattoedamat said:

Seeing as I've worked mega hard keeping the country going during the virus, I'm an Artic/big-rig driver. Today I rewarded myself with....

Ok so it's not PM but 😋🤫

IMG_20200418_182830.jpg

IMG_20200418_182835.jpg

IMG_20200418_182846.jpg

IMG_20200418_183849.jpg

IMG_20200418_183906.jpg

IMG_20200418_184023.jpg

Urgh dirty, its raw :lol:, you better get wormed when you get home, my mate ate raw fish and he picked up 2 different types of worm when he went to Norway, he should of known better being a doctor.

3 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Urgh dirty, its raw :lol:, you better get wormed when you get home, my mate ate raw fish and he picked up 2 different types of worm when he went to Norway, he should of known better being a doctor.

Put a bit of vinegar on it

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

Just now, Tattoedamat said:

After the curry I had the other night won't be any issue with worms 🤫🤯🤯🤯

I had a Pataks Phal curry tonight, fudge me my lips are burning, my eyes are watering, and I bet the same will be happening down below in a couple of hours.

2 hours ago, cerramio said:

Actually @Roy is right, on left side are attributes of industry, wheel and hammer and on right side are attributes of agriculture, plow and bunch of ears.

Thanks @cerramio  I now can figure it out after you said that, they certainly packed lots of detail and things into this coin, its a shame the photos don't show how much lustre it still has, you have some superb looking coins from your part of the world.

Hi Coinstruck, they are fantastic looking swans - intrigued that they sold out at the Mint so quickly. My son lives in Perth (near Glendalough where the black swans are right?) and I was going to ask him to purchase some coins direct from the Mint. What stock do they have in their shop and will they have more swans in there soon?

I remember about twenty years ago doing the tour of the mint and watching some gold being poured - never realised how important it was at the time. 

Thank you and regards,

6 minutes ago, JohnnyOC said:

Hi Coinstruck, they are fantastic looking swans - intrigued that they sold out at the Mint so quickly. My son lives in Perth (near Glendalough where the black swans are right?) and I was going to ask him to purchase some coins direct from the Mint. What stock do they have in their shop and will they have more swans in there soon?

I remember about twenty years ago doing the tour of the mint and watching some gold being poured - never realised how important it was at the time. 

Thank you and regards,

Yes indeed there are Black Swans close to Glendalough.

Unfortunately the Perth Mint are out of the 2020 Swan bullion coins and they are not getting any more produced / allocated. Yes on the face of it it does seem strange that they run out of these issues so quickly especially as they mint the silver bullion coins less then 100 meters from the Perth Mint shop. As I understand it the Perth Mint has distribution agreements with various sellers like Apmex in the US and so they allocate production internationally. As part of that the Perth Mint allocates itself a certain number of coins and when they are gone that’s it. 

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A