• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

6 minutes ago, UnoWho said:

Exactly this.

The reverse is neither a Wyon design, nor the Gothic Crown. It was basically RM being greedy. I didn't buy it and don't care if that means I miss out on the portrait.

The whole series is on a decline. For me, this particular series was going to be in my collection for the longer term (unlike say, the Music Legends or Bond coins). Unfortunately, the higher mintages of the subsequent releases has ruined yet another series for me. People who buy with the sole intention to sell the coin(s) immediately upon receipt, give a false impression to RM that there are "x" number of genuine collectors of the series. This leads to an increased mintage, which, in turn results in diminished collector interest and ultimately, demise of the series. We have seen this with most such series.

Unpopular opinion I know, but, nobody will want these coins once the series is over. 

Sign of the times my friend. Only consolation I could offer is that if it is a series you really like, buy back in at the other end when prices have bombed.I’m still on the fence, but really object to the mint kicking the arse out of any success. 

Edited by Stu

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

4 minutes ago, UnoWho said:

Exactly this.

The reverse is neither a Wyon design, nor the Gothic Crown. It was basically RM being greedy. I didn't buy it and don't care if that means I miss out on the portrait.

The whole series is on a decline. For me, this particular series was going to be in my collection for the longer term (unlike say, the Music Legends or Bond coins). Unfortunately, the higher mintages of the subsequent releases has ruined yet another series for me. People who buy with the sole intention to sell the coin(s) immediately upon receipt, give a false impression to RM that there are "x" number of genuine collectors of the series. This leads to an increased mintage, which, in turn results in diminished collector interest and ultimately, demise of the series. We have seen this with most such series.

Unpopular opinion I know, but, nobody will want these coins once the series is over. 

Keep the faith!.......A few people are being shaken out of this tree as the pair can be expensive to hold.  Don't get me wrong these can be a whole stack of candy to hold especially some of the larger golds.       

The dynamic of the market changes with every release now, cos Una and lion went mental ( once) hoping for it to happen again

The sad truth is the majority of proof coins bought direct from RM at RRP are going to lose you money, fact. If you bought every release

The main ones making bank are RM selling them in the first place

23 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

Are anyone in the same place as I who bought the first coin through their AM, then didn't recieved the email nor calls.

My account mananger also is on slick leave as of today... Really bad timing, called this morning his colleague wasn't quite as helpful, I am really scared now regarding the second coin😭.

I think this email thing is more if you didn't get the auto buy when you first purchase. If via your AM you should be fine already to get the second as you will have ordered a different product as these orders had custom product codes. Should be fine, don't panic :)

2 minutes ago, terakris said:

I think this email thing is more if you didn't get the auto buy when you first purchase. If via your AM you should be fine already to get the second as you will have ordered a different product as these orders had custom product codes. Should be fine, don't panic :)

Thanks, another thing is my open section is so **** up sorry for the profanity, but I don't see half of the stuff that AM told me he ordered for me and charged. I was told it's a know issue that 1. only a few coins is shown under a order, and you can't see the remaindder. 2. RM can't properly sync the AM order with the regualr web orders so sometimes your order takes a long time or never shows up on the webpage... Is that the case for everyone, if it is they shouldn't definitely try to get it fixed one day...

34 minutes ago, Stu said:

As long as no underlying co-morbidities. Should be fine )99.5% of peeps😄), 

The stress of waiting in the RM queue followed by a racing heart as you frantically click around ‘til you reach check out…

Not an underlying co-morbidity as much as underlying co-masochism. 😏

Glad @NewCoins got confirmed orders and can relax. 😀

The stress people are going to have next week will reach all time highs, it's a great coin but being two coins it does create a head ache.  Already I am seeing offers for the portrait well over that of the fist coin. No one knows what direction these coin will take. 

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The stress people are going to have next week will reach all time highs, it's a great coin but being two coins it does create a head ache.  Already I am seeing offers for the portrait well over that of the fist coin. No one knows what direction these coin will take. 

Then there is the stress of waiting to see if the money is taken/orders confirmed/post delivered.

Speaking of which, I have a good joke about the Royal Mail, but I don’t think you’ll get it.

Are the second coins going to be released on the Royal Mint website on Monday? 

The ebay seller linked on the previous post was saying the RM isn't likely to publish them, which kind of makes sense as a very high percentage of the first coin buyers would have claimed the second one.

There probably wouldn't be very many left to sell after that.

Wait, @AndrewSL76, @GoldDiggerDave. Have you guys recieved calls, or emails or have open order showing up in your account regarding the second coin. I am stressed to the max now with not hearing anything from the mint...

Edited by Jeremyzed
Sorry I was a bit too stressed and forgot to mention that I always had a verbal guarantee from my AM but he was on sick leave, so.... I was scared to hell, and totally forgot that I probably could just call customer service... Thanks guys.

5 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

Wait, @AndrewSL76, @GoldDiggerDave. Have you guys recieved calls, or emails or have open order showing up in your account regarding the second coin. I am stressed to the max now with not hearing anything from the mint...

I was under the impression that calls and email will go to people who purchased the first coin,but either didn't opt for the continuity option or was so late in the queue that there was no continuity option. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip