• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

2 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

It's probably worth adding I have seen 2oz silver pf70s for around 1k.

There is one currently on fleabay now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2021-Royal-Mint-Great-Engravers-Gothic-Crown-5-Silver-Proof-2oz-Coin-PCGS-PR70-/185272026620?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

If true, I think that's strong.

£1210 and counting ....gordy is that yours?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

HAHA, NOPE..... I'll not be selling mine until it is in my possession..... nowt is guaranteed in life and i'd hate to offer a coin I couldn't get.....  nice price though if it sells

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Auction you're spare on here starting at rrp 😁 think of it as a psychological experiment 🤔 

Better still be a philanthropist and run a draw at RRP 😛

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Just now, Gordy said:

HAHA, NOPE..... I'll not be selling mine until it is in my possession..... nowt is guaranteed in life and i'd hate to offer a coin I couldn't get.....  nice price though if it sells

Are you waiting on grading or the RM?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

Just now, Gordy said:

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

That LondonCoinCompany always charge stupid high prices anyway... but hey, if they get it, then good on them i say...  

Just now, ArgentSmith said:

Are you waiting on grading or the RM?

spoke to RM today

6 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Totally agree with this - but did you not say last week that you had bought privately with no guarantee?

I hope you manage to get the second issue as I agree with most on here that the Quartered Arms on it's own is a bit of a wash out. You need the portrait too. I look at the Alderney set that I have and think that they just don't work on their own. They need to be in a set.

Good luck to all waiting for emails or calls!

depends if you trust the seller or not - I did trust the sellers and talked at length (met both personally) - So I'm talking generally buyers/sellers

I had already got what I wanted a definite, from a dealer Quartered arms and option for Portrait plain edge

so picking up a 5 oz, and  2oz milled edge was just a bonus, risk of not getting Portrait I felt, small, and I said I was going to try my luck in the RM Mint queue to get a Portrait at RRP - LOL - no chance really.

and in my opinion,people who might have a Portrait, but not the Quartered Arms would be seeking one, even if my deal fell through for any reason, I should be easily to sell any spares I had

So my personal choices, I took a risk with people I both met, talked to in person and felt worthy of trust and took a risk, my point is most people will not take that risk. (especially pay by paypal and put it in the post, and I spent ages on the phone with my bank, who thought it was a fraudulent purchase and blocked it initially - a real hassle)  My Portrait deals would be then inperson and bank transfer (like buying a car privately)

(Chap who sold me my 5 oz, drove down from Wales and hand delivered, neither of the people I bought from were being greedy, looking for 100-200-300-400% profits, so trusted them as long term relationships possible)

7 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Coin 2 - is actually the actual Gothic Crown.. !! 

Queen Victoria in Gothic style, wearing a Gothic crown is more desirable, but you would still want the pair as a collector

Coin 2, as an individual coin, may hold a little more value but as you say the pair is what people (future collectors) will want.

My hope is that there will be a number of flippers left holding coin 2, unable to get their price (or unwilling to buy back coin 1 to make a pair).

If it doesn't work out, I will have a lovely collection of first releases (and hold all the power!)

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

Coin 2, as an individual coin, may hold a little more value but as you say the pair is what people (future collectors) will want.

My hope is that there will be a number of flippers left holding coin 2, unable to get their price (or unwilling to buy back coin 1 to make a pair).

If it doesn't work out, I will have a lovely collection of first releases (and hold all the power!)

brinkmanship fun, ahead.. who blinks first? 

1 minute ago, James32 said:

No @ArgentSmith I will not trade for pre 47 silver...thanks for the offer.

Mercenary!... trying to deflect attention away from my pre 1947 silver hoard 🤣

2 minutes ago, Gordy said:

two curley wurleys?

How did they grade?

2 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

That's not a very nice way to address your future seller....no free post for you 😠

36 minutes ago, James32 said:

They must have very loyal customers. Saw a Una 2 OZ silver PR70 sold around 30k by them. The 2 OZ silver Henry is sold out at 799£ in their shop. Both at a time you could find, and still find them way cheaper. 

1 minute ago, dikefalos said:

They must have very loyal customers. Saw a Una 2 OZ silver PR70 sold around 30k by them. The 2 OZ silver Henry is sold out at 799£ in their shop. Both at a time you could find, and still find them way cheaper. 

I often scream at the screen when viewing ebay lol....Still a big portion of the population doesn't know forums or even dealers with premises exist. 

Just now, James32 said:

I often scream at the screen when viewing ebay lol....Still a big portion of the population doesn't know forums or even dealers with premises exist. 

Than what are we waiting for. Looks like a good idea, flipping the newest coins immediately after release for ridicolous prices on thiefbay. But we must hurry before others steal my idea

So, during my first convo with the lovely Karen this morning she called me back with the very last 5oz Silver Henry VII for me..... hmmmm??? what to do with it?? 

1 minute ago, Gordy said:

So, during my first convo with the lovely Karen this morning she called me back with the very last 5oz Silver Henry VII for me..... hmmmm??? what to do with it?? 

Thinking outside the box here ,but maybe superglue it to the quartered arms and stick it on ebay?? Freak everyone out and might reach all time highs 😁

Just taking a little look at completed 2oz gold coins on feeBay UK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2oz+gold+coin+&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=3

It terms of actual completed/sold/paid for sales (green figures)

The re-sales of the Platinum Jubilee 2oz gold seems to be more popular at present over our beloved Gothic Crown 

x9 Platinum Jubilee sales

vs 

just x5 Gothic Crowns 2oz golds

The order made on the phone today, has finally appeared in open orders.

There was speculation earlier in the thread whether they would increase the mintage. The 2oz looks like it might be?

592829910_Screenshot_20220201-173846_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5756dbddbefd45e1f24fb67b933b4024.jpg

The quartered arms was LEP 3750 with maximum coin mintage of 4006

Screenshot_20220201-174110_Chrome.thumb.jpg.533c023e6b0d62dc01fbc6eb7e5e678b.jpg

Not sure if it's a mistake or they have added another 250? Or maybe I am reading it wrong and it's exactly the same.

Edit.

The quartered arms in closed orders does also say 3750.

487450652_Screenshot_20220201-174340_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9190a3568984971702f899dfcd0e272e.jpg

Edited by NewCoins

7 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@James32 Got the phone call today but I couldn't get out to answer it. So will have to try phone back tomorrow. 

I would have gotten up in work and shouted as loud as I could "gothic crown bitches I resign "

I still haven't received the call 🤷‍♂️ might try myself tomorrow afternoon. 

55 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

The order made on the phone today, has finally appeared in open orders.

There was speculation earlier in the thread whether they would increase the mintage. The 2oz looks like it might be?

592829910_Screenshot_20220201-173846_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5756dbddbefd45e1f24fb67b933b4024.jpg

The quartered arms was LEP 3750 with maximum coin mintage of 4006

Screenshot_20220201-174110_Chrome.thumb.jpg.533c023e6b0d62dc01fbc6eb7e5e678b.jpg

Not sure if it's a mistake or they have added another 250? Or maybe I am reading it wrong and it's exactly the same.

Edit.

The quartered arms in closed orders does also say 3750.

487450652_Screenshot_20220201-174340_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9190a3568984971702f899dfcd0e272e.jpg

It's probably worth adding the 5oz and 10oz look exactly the same.

Looks likely to me there will be 250 extra 2oz silver portraits.