• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 hour ago, Jeffers46 said:

Why on earth are they treating proof coins like that??

Part of the ‘ritual’ of the Trial of the Pyx. What surprises me is that people will pay a substantial premium over the issue price of the original release to own one of these handled pieces (and not just the rarer issues). TSF members have disagreed with my views on the ‘Trial of the Pyx’ coins before, feeling that there is history and ceremony associated with these coins. Which of course they are entitled to do.

58 minutes ago, Paul said:

Who's joining the RM queue just for chits and giggles on Monday ??

I’m gonna jump in for some fun…..the S.it fits some people are going to be having will be comedy gold……….

Great news! Sorry to say once I have both I’ll be selling as a set. I’m not convinced this one is worth holding for the long term.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

43 minutes ago, creative said:

Great news! Sorry to say once I have both I’ll be selling as a set. I’m not convinced this one is worth holding for the long term.

While I also am uncertain of the longevity of this set in terms of profit, I will be holding my set as I really like the design of these coins. I think for myself as primarily a collector, it's important to not forget about why I enjoy buying these coins in the first place.

However, it does all depends on your rationale behind stacking / collecting. So completely understand your point too. 

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Blasphemy 🤣

Haha I completely agree! I already hate myself 😂😂

My plan was to hold, but I’d rather invest my pennies in this years sovereign.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

On 15/12/2021 at 17:05, Simmoleon said:

Yep - no idea if it’s damage or some sort of residue but it looks like the surface is now damaged, less noticeable until you tilt it and the proof field turns black

6FF457EB-9EF7-424F-8BEE-E46668B0190F.png

After hours of indecision I decided conservation was the best option. It’s been conserved and graded at a PF69 First Release. Appreciate all the input from other members about whether to send this back or risk conservation. I knew it wouldn’t be a 70 but made up with what it got 

Steve

7 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

After hours of indecision I decided conservation was the best option. It’s been conserved and graded at a PF69 First Release. Appreciate all the input from other members about whether to send this back or risk conservation. I knew it wouldn’t be a 70 but made up with what it got 

Steve

Not a terrible outcome 👍

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

got this, this morning, rubbish photo..  I really hope the Portrait version gets delivered - a 'little more quickly'!!

Gothic Crown plain edge.jpg

Is that only getting delivered from rm now?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip