• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, augur said:

How come each time you make an expensive acquisition my name is mentioned? Last time the two Albanian 20 Franga (1926R/1927V Skanderbeg)

Sounds almost as if I was bad influence for you 😂 

I am saying nothing..and you know why 😉! May the status quo be continued, for as long as I can remain solvent!👍

1 hour ago, Spanishsilver said:

Had to go and re buy this beauty after selling mine to @Robjw didn’t think I would miss it but I’m not letting this one go. 
Now to stay on beans on toast until new year so I can buy the other two. 😬

Simply stunning on the bucket list......... Can I ask where you purchased it from @Spanishsilver ? Thanks

1 hour ago, Spanishsilver said:

Had to go and re buy this beauty after selling mine to @Robjw didn’t think I would miss it but I’m not letting this one go. 
Now to stay on beans on toast until new year so I can buy the other two. 😬

It is a beautiful thing, it's why I wanted them myself and I doubt I'll be letting go of mine anytime soon fingers crossed.

Really looking forward to see what the 2020 version will look like.

11 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Simply stunning on the bucket list......... Can I ask where you purchased it from @Spanishsilver ? Thanks

Goldsilver.be I have heard people saying that they have had bad experiences with them but I have bought and sold gold to them with no problems at all. Ordered Thursday and it got here yesterday afternoon. Plus it was the only place I could find it at a good price. 

8 minutes ago, Robjw said:

It is a beautiful thing, it's why I wanted them myself and I doubt I'll be letting go of mine anytime soon fingers crossed.

Really looking forward to see what the 2020 version will look like.

Got to replace my 2019 before they sell out. The 2020 will make this coin in my opinion if it’s a great design. Definitely keepers I love them 😍 

4 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Great ****, Great Posture 👌

Not what my Chiropractor says 🤣 

I honestly cannot believe that these two coins kicked about on the Forum for 4 full days...just enough time to prize open piggy banks, grapple down the back of the sofa and empty the cup holders in the car for loose change plus a couple of Sovs to get the deal done. Thanks again @ogb777 

1 minute ago, terakris said:

Not collected yet but had some NGC results land today... here are a few of the shiny shiny ones....

2017 Newton Gold 50p (My favourite gold 50p design)

3500731_Full_Obv.thumb.jpg.b14f77d18d01cf3d7ef7bf9cd058a201.jpg

Nations of the Crown Gold £1 (Possibly for sale)

3500734_Full_Obv.thumb.jpg.2a958b5350c5ea8d61109d5e4cd0d0bc.jpg

2013 Strike on the Day Jubilee Sovereign (very hard to get one of these in this grade as they are bullion sovs for the early SOTD so VERY happy with this finally)

3500740_Full_Obv.thumb.jpg.468b7e374743a679c017fe722125df36.jpg

2002 Bullion Half Sov. Submitted cos when i brought it looked rather minty.. and it was indeed minty getting a 69DPL grade!

3500751_Full_Obv.thumb.jpg.a7ef682a4d60f2317e648a29532f8a8a.jpg

And then this is a bit of a random one - I submitted a 1977 Proof UK Set and asked if they would also slab the medal for me, just cos it goes with the set. They did and graded it, worth nowt but looks good with the set (collect what you love, its not all about the money!) :) 

3500766_Full_Obv_Rev.thumb.png.df8cab086a376134c92e623a8832882f.png

I love your square one, never ever seen one of those before.

1 minute ago, augur said:

Nice entry into the LMU club! You could easily post the coins on the 20 Franc thread if you dare (the possible financial implications)

I’ve jumped in blindly- the plain edge on the 100 Francs took me by surprise! - now I’ll have to take French Lessons so that I can buy that nice reference book you have recently purchased- I see there’s an older French/English edition- so I might skip the French lessons....

I already have yourself @Lindeman & @Numistacker & @Roy to name a few, to blame for my Libertad obsession. Not sure I have the resources to join the LMU club as well. 

1 hour ago, richatthecroft said:

I’ve jumped in blindly- the plain edge on the 100 Francs took me by surprise! - now I’ll have to take French Lessons so that I can buy that nice reference book you have recently purchased- I see there’s an older French/English edition- so I might skip the French lessons....

I already have yourself @Lindeman & @Numistacker & @Roy to name a few, to blame for my Libertad obsession. Not sure I have the resources to join the LMU club as well. 

It’s expensive especially if you start joining all the clubs. I am pretty certain I have fewer sovs than all the international stuff I have gathered lol

Edited by ilovesilverireallydo
Spellings

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

16 hours ago, Spanishsilver said:

Goldsilver.be I have heard people saying that they have had bad experiences with them but I have bought and sold gold to them with no problems at all. Ordered Thursday and it got here yesterday afternoon. Plus it was the only place I could find it at a good price. 

GS.be is fine enough when everything goes well (although I'm not a fan of them sending orders with FedEx, but you can't have it all), the sh*peep* only starts to hit the fan once you need their customer service.