• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Loving the glove,even though its in a capsule 😅 sign of a true collector.

Hehe i hate getting the capsule scratched,or that felt they use in the boxes aways picks up every bit of dirt of your hands etc.

Edited by blackadder

Is it just me or does this coin look like something Axel Sheffler might have drawn in a Julia Donaldson's kids book?? Not that that's a bad thing, I really quite like it! Maybe there's just that sense of familiarity about it that makes me feel comfortable?

I really do like the kind of chipped away, broken look to the coin, and that face....... Charlie Cook🤷

Screenshot_20220126-175820.png

17 minutes ago, James32 said:

Reverse of the glove?

Back of his hand :lol:

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

4 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Leonmarsh just posted the reverse :) just the normal queen image :P

We want to see the back of your hand! :lol::lol::lol: Come on, play the game... 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

On 19/01/2022 at 15:27, FFposh said:

2 of the 3 Platinum Completers that arrived this morning. One, in my opinion, had an unacceptable scratch on the reverse so I have taken a punt and sent it back already. To be fair the guy on the phone was inclined to agree with me when he saw the photo. It's bullion, I know, but to get two beauties and one with scratch left me a touch deflated. 

My first Pt, I was expecting them to be smaller relative to gold, but they seem nicely thin with a rounded edge if anything. 

Let's see what the Royal Mint come back with.

PXL_20220119_151545035.jpg

PXL_20220119_151610748.jpg

PXL_20220119_151724014.jpg

On the bright side, I rang the Royal Mint this morning for an update on my query regarding my scratched Completer, and apparently it's sanctioned for replacement and should be with me soon.👊

3 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

Check this baby out!

Have had for a week now. Think I may put up for sale on the forum soon, see if interest. Only 52 on the face of the earth! And it celebrates some that has never happened before a 70th year Jubilee!

3oz of Platinum… a cracker!! 

2008CC73-2A59-4241-9D67-C1436A9CEF67.jpeg

B2660851-78AE-4770-9434-D886E103D749.jpeg

7007C660-4A26-4829-AF60-05058CF91364.jpeg

B1372B99-3571-47EE-831B-659DA433D1A4.jpeg

Lovely! What I'll never understand is how something like this has a face value of £5 when the a 1kg silver completer is £500. I mean, the completer most probably deserves the £500 but surely this should be at least the same?! :D

3 hours ago, MickB said:

Had a result today with the silver maples from an antique dealer at £20 each and the Queen Victoria silver medal from my local bullion dealer was a decent price as well. 

IMG_20220127_153053.jpg

IMG_20220127_153124.jpg

Love that silver medal. 58mm version right? I have one and the 28mm version. I really want the larger gold version.. that would be a chunk!  

Edited by Silverman2U

9 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

Love that silver medal. 58mm version right? I have one and the 28mm version. I really want the larger gold version.. that would be a chunk!  

Yes it is the larger version. I didn't realise there was a 28mm version until I looked it up today. I'm sure someone on the forum bought the large gold medal a few years ago, looks lovely.