• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

5 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

If truth be told, I didn't receive these today - I picked up three of them at the Coin Fare in London on Saturday, and the other arrived in the post whilst I was up in The Big Smoke:

Many thanks to @5huggy for the Geiger 1oz bar - I've had one of these on my "must get list" for a few months now :)

Chards were selling the 2020 Kangeroos off for £20 at the show, and with no P&P to pay I wasn't going home without one

The 1970 is only Nickel-Brass - but I have always loved the design, and to see such a nice example was just too tempting

The 2002 Shieldback Half Sovereign is again one of those coins that has been on my radar for a little while; it's still in a sealed plastic packaging, the price was VERY good, and so it didn't take much to persuade me to press the button :D

coins.JPG

Your old 3D coin might only be nickel brass but its like some cars from the 1970's that were not loved much at the time, you get a totally mint condition Austin Allegro and there will be as many people interested and looking at that as an E type jag at the classic car shows I go to because its so rare to find one in that condition if at all these days, nice set there.

Thank you @SILVERFINGER - I've absolutely no idea if I paid over the top for it, but it was only £7 and I'm a happy bunny :D

Looking at the photo, it is quite an eclectic mix that I picked up at the weekend - but that's a big part of the fun and enjoyment in collecting PMs and coins, I feel

2 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

Thank you @SILVERFINGER - I've absolutely no idea if I paid over the top for it, but it was only £7 and I'm a happy bunny :D

Looking at the photo, it is quite an eclectic mix that I picked up at the weekend - but that's a big part of the fun and enjoyment in collecting PMs and coins, I feel

Well I personally have never seen one in such good condition, and recently I paid well over the odds for a third reich 5 marks coin, it wasn't a rare coin by any means, but the condition it was in was because nearly all have been well used, but it makes me happy and hasn't broke the bank so thats good enough for me. ;)

5 minutes ago, FunkyChicken said:

Received the first of my two orders at the European Mint today. Had to plough my way through 8 layers of tape before I could open up the box, but then you're in for a treat. 😂

Honestly, I must say I'm not overly enthusiastic about the state of some of the coin capsules, some will definitely need to be replaced. Not sure if that's a normal thing to happen at the European Mint, but it will make me think twice before ordering with them again.

Luckily the coins themselves do appear to be in good shape, so all and all I am happy enough with my 1 Maple Red maple leaf, 3 Queen Anne's, 1 Perth Mint Homer Simpson, 4 landmarks of London, 1 Canadian Lynx, 1 Canadian Superman, and 1 Niue Darth Vader. 

Screenshot_20191104-125641__01.thumb.jpg.1f31dd98b8aa175af2395a89dec1ef4e.jpg

I received cracked capsules before,  they were very quick to replace them No problem.

11 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

I received cracked capsules before,  they were very quick to replace them No problem.

Luckily mines aren't cracked, but some of them definitely are well scratched, and one of them has a stain on it of which I don't think I want to know what the substance is...

Not sure if the European Mint then still is as willing to help to replace them?

4 minutes ago, FunkyChicken said:

Luckily mines aren't cracked, but some of them definitely are well scratched, and one of them has a stain on it of which I don't think I want to know what the substance is...

Not sure if the European Mint then still is as willing to help to replace them?

Take a few pictures  and email it to them.

They might pop them in your next delivery.

I've always found them very helpful.

7 hours ago, FunkyChicken said:

Received the first of my two orders at the European Mint today. Had to plough my way through 8 layers of tape before I could open up the box, but then you're in for a treat. 😂

Honestly, I must say I'm not overly enthusiastic about the state of some of the coin capsules, some will definitely need to be replaced. Not sure if that's a normal thing to happen at the European Mint, but it will make me think twice before ordering with them again.

Luckily the coins themselves do appear to be in good shape, so all and all I am happy enough with my 1 Maple Red maple leaf, 3 Queen Anne's, 1 Perth Mint Homer Simpson, 4 landmarks of London, 1 Canadian Lynx, 1 Canadian Superman, and 1 Niue Darth Vader. 

Love the look of that maple. Could you do a close up for us? 

21 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Love the look of that maple. Could you do a close up for us? 

Can be arranged. 😊 Albeit in not the best of light, now that it's night time over here. 

I do like the fact that the back of this coin is also gilded. Often I have noticed they have worked on the front side, but then the back is plain. So kudos to whoever did the job on this one. 

Screenshot_20191104-205031__01.jpg

Screenshot_20191104-205035__01.jpg

9 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

@FunkyChicken thanks very much. I don’t normally like the painted coins but this one caught my eye. 

I need to get a tube of Maples at some point. I wish the Canadian mint would change the portrait of big Liz though. It’s a bit poor in my opinion. 

Afraid the portrait of Big Liz will only be changed when she's six feet under... 😬

And then you can already bet the first coin that will be released containing the effigy of her successor will make the market go as ballistic as with the 5oz Queen Anne's.

22 hours ago, FunkyChicken said:

Excellent mixture Nice.