• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 minute ago, PablosGee said:

@Cking83 Merry Octmas! 

I'm partial to an East India trade dollar or two myself! Are you keeping an eye out for the Japanese bullion version too? Any ideas who, what, when, where and why? 

Many thanks. Yes I suppose also a merry pre Brexit and prices change from Goldsilver.be too lol.

I saw the proof was out for the Japanese one on .be so Imagine it will be coming out on there as well. Not looked at the timings though. 

1 minute ago, PablosGee said:

Couldn't not share this little beauty which arrived from Portugal today for my personal collection. 

This coin is part of the 21 x 1,000 Escudo circulating, silver, commemorative coin range. It's also part of a wider "Ibero-American Series" in particular Series II - Endangered Wildlife. I have no interest in the other countries Ibero-American series (yet, anyway) but the other coins from this series from Portugal are some of my favourites.

It's quite rare compared to the others in the 1000 Escudo collection with a mintage of 70,000 versus 450,000 - 600,000 for the others. Most i've seen for sale over the past month or two for a reasonable price have been in pretty poor condition. This one isn't perfect, but picked it up within budget as i may (or may not have - depends who's asking!) picked up the other 20 in the collection from the same dealer. 

Only 0.500 silver but weighs in at 28g and 40mm in diameter.

*Disclaimer - yes i'm aware my scissor cutting skills are atrocious, yes it will annoy me every second of every minute of every hour of every day and yes i will be replacing it the minute i can get my hands on a colour printer!

IMG_20191023_185520.jpg

IMG_20191023_190618.jpg

Don't put yourself down its good.

9 hours ago, firestacker said:

Today I welcome the 500g Umicore bar from @Bigchilli to my Umicore collection.

Only size missing now is the mega 5kg  bar but as much as it would be nice to have such a large bar I don't think they would be an easy sell due to the cost involved. Items above £500+ seem to slow down a lot around here and a 5kg bar would be £2800 so that's me done for the poured Umicores I think.

2p added for size comparison.

IMG_20191023_114242967.jpg

IMG_20191023_114122357.jpg

IMG_20191023_114042261.jpg

IMG_20191023_113944051.jpg

They are highly addictive.

Do it buy the next size up 

3 hours ago, Jimmock said:

20191023_210026.thumb.jpg.a52765be589916c25b0963df83a9660a.jpg

5oz of loveliness!!  First time I've used MA-Shops. Put an offer in on the 20th,arrived this morning from Germany.

Very nice! Great selection with the 5oz Monkey King! I just used MA-Shops recently as well for my purchase of a 2 Escudos. They offer some good selections, with a variety of dealers, at not outrageous prices. I would use them again.

19 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

Not to bad. Got 82-90 99 and 2007-2019 premiums are gunna start getting silly going forward lol

Good going but yes you are right, now is where all the money is spent on them, the '92,'97&'98 are definitely the killer's 

7 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

The 1988 is a premium laden challenge to acquire too

You are quite right. Without looking at my sheet I can't recall the premium on that one 👍