• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

I also placed an order and guess what the website crashed at payment. The payment has appeared on my credit card and has cleared. On my H&B account it says complete so I am expecting the Sovereign to be delivered. I certainly can't be bothered ringing them and then being pitched too to how fabulous their proofs are.

1 hour ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Do you happen to know if PM are available in all costcos or just select ones? I've never seen any in my local 👀

If they're not on display in your local Costco, they can order them in for you. Just check with customer services in your local store.

Received a call today from H&B referring to my sovereign purchase before starting off on the "have I thought of buying proof sovereigns?" Pushing their mintmark 2021. That conversation lasted only as long as asking the price (£899) 😂

I don't think he really appreciated me telling him that Chard's were sellling them for £580.   It did give me the opportunity to make certain he understood that any mailings would be unwelcome, as would phone calls or email. 

1 hour ago, Richym99 said:

Received a call today from H&B referring to my sovereign purchase before starting off on the "have I thought of buying proof sovereigns?" Pushing their mintmark 2021. That conversation lasted only as long as asking the price (£899) 😂

I don't think he really appreciated me telling him that Chard's were sellling them for £580.   It did give me the opportunity to make certain he understood that any mailings would be unwelcome, as would phone calls or email. 

Beautiful... My sales guy had done his homework... "I can see you have only bought bullion..." BUT

"Yes, I'm only looking to purchase the cheapest gold on the market... :) "

9 hours ago, manolitolondres said:

I received it as well, but usually we have to sign for coin deliveries. Here, When I arrived from work, it was in my letterbox with the stamp of their company. Anybody in my building could have seen the stamp and taken it.

I've had two special deliveries from different major companies this week and this was the case. I think this is just how they do it now with the pandemic.

21 minutes ago, 27carrots said:

I've had two special deliveries from different major companies this week and this was the case. I think this is just how they do it now with the pandemic.

The postie will sign the machine themselves but they are supposed to witness you taking the delivery (put on doorstep, knock door) or physically hand you the packet. If it goes missing and they just wedged it in the letterbox you have grounds to claim. I imagine if they take a picture of the packet wedged in said letterbox that wouldn't do them any favours. If you have a regular postie ask them to make sure you take these things off them personally, often this saves a phone call which is nicer for everyone 👍🏻

14 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Are these Sovereigns still available? Been on their website and cant find a thing. Even stuff they advertise ends up on an error page.

I looked earlier just to see but won’t add to basket so guessing all gone. 

HB did the sovereigns at 289 last year and i bought a few as it was a nice deal at the time. I also bought 3 Una's from them which at the time were not cheap but the money they made was nice as was the new carpet of cream velum envelopes I now have in the lounge. I am certain they try to call but by giving them my local supermarket number i managed to avoid the sales talk.

Happy days 😄

4 hours ago, Becca said:

HB did the sovereigns at 289 last year and i bought a few as it was a nice deal at the time. I also bought 3 Una's from them which at the time were not cheap but the money they made was nice as was the new carpet of cream velum envelopes I now have in the lounge. I am certain they try to call but by giving them my local supermarket number i managed to avoid the sales talk.

Happy days 😄

no wonder I can never get through to my local supermarket, they're always busy fielding calls from bullion dealers 😄

On 26/03/2021 at 00:38, Becca said:

Happy days 😄

I don’t understand this, I’ve placed three orders with H&B and never received an email or phone call, let alone any junk mail. Nothing.

I’m starting to feel a little left out. 😆

16 minutes ago, Tipsmart said:

I think I got about 80 last year! 

20201230_234219.thumb.jpg.9ec33801588901903097584f78a6b96b.jpg

Flipping hell. I must say though I like the paper, logo and general stationery, but i guess thats all part of the advertising plan. 
I emailed them to stop and they called me up straight away and left a message, not had anything since. :)

They said I had not ticked the box for not to be contacted but I certainly did. 

I posted all my letters back (1 a week minimum) as they kept sending them despite asking them to stop, it was driving me crazy. In hindsight I wish I hadn't bothered. They even cancelled a second order and called saying I need to invest in proofs and kept sending me even more stuff. Never again 

15 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

I posted all my letters back (1 a week minimum) as they kept sending them despite asking them to stop, it was driving me crazy. In hindsight I wish I hadn't bothered. They even cancelled a second order and called saying I need to invest in proofs and kept sending me even more stuff. Never again 

Send them an email and tell them that by continuing to send you unsolicited mail they are failing to comply with section 21 of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.

Provide your name, address, phone number and email and instruct them to remove them from any and all contact lists immediately. Warn them that failure to do so will result in a complaint to the Information Commisioners Office.

Hopefully, I nipped it in the bud by making sure I indicated that I wanted no marketing material and made it even clearer to the person who phoned me two days later that I had no interest in any of their hugely overpriced products. Mind you, that was only three weeks ago. I'll probably get a leter today. 🙂