• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

1 hour ago, Darr3nG said:

Just ordered, but there was a problem after paying on the website... payment was taken, but the order didn't appear on my account.

I've just encountered a similar problem, it looked like they accepted my card payment but failed to acknowledge the order. I suspected they disqualified me on the "One coin per year per househlod" rule!

10 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

I've just encountered a similar problem, it looked like they accepted my card payment but failed to acknowledge the order. I suspected they disqualified me on the "One coin per year per househlod" rule!

This has happened to me every time i have ordered in the past, always received my coin 3 days later...

Tried purchasing one an hour ago too. Transaction held up after transaction was verified. It hasn't saved my account registraton details either. 

Will check my cc account tomorrow to see if the payment actual went through 

Similar website issues as others - ordered and nothing after the verification.... but the money has been taken. Will give them a buzz tomorrow! haha thanks for this deal - even though my budget was already well and truly spent this month! 🙄

4 minutes ago, aliengravy said:

Has anyone called them yet?

I called them straight away and they sorted everything over the phone.

The sales guy just confirmed with accounts dept. that the money had been taken, and manually added the order to my account. He did try to up-sell some proof coins, but I just said, "cheap bullion only!" :) 

It sounds like they've got some IT issues, when this many people are experiencing the same thing. Or, maybe they want people to call, for the up-sell???

Edited by Darr3nG

8 minutes ago, aliengravy said:

Same issue here with the money being taken, but no account created or confirmation sent.

Looking at all the c**p that came through my door, I just dont trust them & would not buy from them even if it was half price. 
They are out to pull people in with one off deals & then deceive people with grossly over priced premiums, especially on the non PM's. 

I emailed them to cancel my order and they called me within 10 mins a few weeks back, so the offices are open. 
But benefit of the doubt would be wise as this could be a technical glitch and they are working thier way through all the calls etc?? 
I bet they sold a shed load of coins over the weekend - they may have run out.

Or are carefully looking at the orders and picking out new clients & people that they have not sent a truck load of letter too. 

@aliengravy sorry posted that before you, but did not press save. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Following up on my payment glitch yesterday, I checked with my credit card and no payment has been taken.

I called Harrington and Byrne this morning and decide to purchase over the phone, so I'm just waiting on a sales consultant from them to call me back within the next 24 hours.

Ordered the £299 2021 gold sovereign yesterday from Harrington and Byrne.

Sign up email and confirmation email went straight to trash inbox. Payment has cleared. Checked your junk/trash box. 

Received a phone call today from a Bournemouth landline, turns out to be Harrington and Byrne. 

A man called Warren, asked if I wanted to upgrade to a proof version of the 2021 gold sovereign. For only £899! 🤯The 2021 proof sovereign is very special as it’s marked with “95” to celebrate our Majesty the Queen’s birthday. This could then be passed down the generations to my children and grandchildren who will be forever grateful... only a £100 extra payment was required and then a payment plan could be set up.....

So I don’t know if this is a good deal or not? ... I don’t collect gold proofs. Hopefully I don’t get anymore phone calls. 😅

Unless they only mint ten of them bud I doubt you'd ever recoup the investment... There's conflicting feeling about modern privy sovereigns, some love them and some think they're not all that. Who knows though! 

2 hours ago, SilverMaple said:

Sign up email and confirmation email went straight to trash inbox. Payment has cleared. Checked your junk/trash box. 

Received a phone call today from a Bournemouth landline, turns out to be Harrington and Byrne. 

A man called Warren, asked if I wanted to upgrade to a proof version of the 2021 gold sovereign. For only £899! 🤯The 2021 proof sovereign is very special as it’s marked with “95” to celebrate our Majesty the Queen’s birthday. This could then be passed down the generations to my children and grandchildren who will be forever grateful... only a £100 extra payment was required and then a payment plan could be set up.....

So I don’t know if this is a good deal or not? ... I don’t collect gold proofs. Hopefully I don’t get anymore phone calls. 😅

Decline anything they try to sell you. Much like Westminster Collection, CPM Coins and no doubt others out there Harrington and Byrne make their money charging unsuspecting people absolutely rediculous premiums for stuff that will never be worth what they're selling them for. They all throw out decent offers like this every now and then but its their version of fishing...  dangle the cheap bullion in the hopes of catching a much bigger, much more profitable sale. Buy the bullion but walk away from anything else.

9 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Decline anything they try to sell you. Much like Westminster Collection, CPM Coins and no doubt others out there Harrington and Byrne make their money charging unsuspecting people absolutely rediculous premiums for stuff that will never be worth what they're selling them for. They all throw out decent offers like this every now and then but its their version of fishing...  dangle the cheap bullion in the hopes of catching a much bigger, much more profitable sale. Buy the bullion but walk away from anything else.

You are completely correct! I ordered some Battle of Britain 1oz silver bars from CPM a few months ago. Price was reasonable about £25 each. Since then I’ve received 6 letters through the post with their company logo on. The coins they advertise are extortionate in price. “Collectable  this...limited edition that” ... anything designed to be collectable usually isn’t a good investment. These marked letters just let the postman/woman know and potentially neighbours that you have precious metal coins at home. 🎯 

12 hours ago, SilverMaple said:

They offered me a quarter ounce griffin of Edward for £999. 😂 the only thing I will say in their defence, they are are the only PM company that offers interest free payment plans.

Just ordered one of those £299 sovereigns, and their system crashed at payment.

Went back in and completed the transaction second time and crashed again.

Checked card details and two lots of £299 have been authorised but no emails received and it hasn't even stored my account information.

Guess a call to them is needed - I knew something would go wrong.

That being said, should two turn up I wont complain lol

Edited by Nugget

1 hour ago, Connor said:

They offered me a quarter ounce griffin of Edward for £999. 😂 the only thing I will say in their defence, they are are the only PM company that offers interest free payment plans.

That’s because the interest/profit for them is in the premiums already. They are cowboys and clowns all rolled into one. 

22 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

That’s because the interest/profit for them is in the premiums already. They are cowboys and clowns all rolled into one. 

Yeah agreed 100%. I have made one purchase from them, and received unknown amounts of spam since, despite removing my address and asking not to be contacted by post. Borderline harassment 😂

2 hours ago, Nugget said:

Just ordered one of those £299 sovereigns, and their system crashed at payment.

Went back in and completed the transaction second time and crashed again.

Checked card details and two lots of £299 have been authorised but no emails received and it hasn't even stored my account information.

Guess a call to them is needed - I knew something would go wrong.

That being said, should two turn up I wont complain lol

A very similar scenario happened to me. I tried to pay and the system crashed, no order shown in my account and no confirmation email, checked my credit card and no payment taken. So I created second account, ordered exactly as before and exactly the same problem.

I checked my credit card this morning and 2 patterns of £299 have been taken! I've logged into my accounts and 1 shows an order complete and the other doesn't. After a call to H and B they say they will refund the extra payment but it's been a complete shambles on their behalf. 

49 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

A very similar scenario happened to me. I tried to pay and the system crashed, no order shown in my account and no confirmation email, checked my credit card and no payment taken. So I created second account, ordered exactly as before and exactly the same problem.

I checked my credit card this morning and 2 patterns of £299 have been taken! I've logged into my accounts and 1 shows an order complete and the other doesn't. After a call to H and B they say they will refund the extra payment but it's been a complete shambles on their behalf. 

I called them up and then a member of their team called me back about an hour later.  Very polite and apologetic and sorted me an account out.  

Stated they would honour the one order but will cancel the second payment / make refund.  

He was very polite and we had good chat over the phone, so can't ask more than that.

I don't mind mistakes being made, it's how companies / people put them right that I pay close attention to. 

I did explain that I only collect bullion and they were free to keep the second payment and forward me a second sovereign, but he said they couldn't do that.  It's a once a year thing.

I always pay on credit card anyway for protection so I'm not overly worried lol.