• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

Just now, Chrissyblards1 said:

I’m not saying it isn’t. All I’m saying is it’s not realistically going to beat a 2020 for slightly more that’s all.

3 minutes ago, Isitreal said:

7.9g is 7.9g, you buy what you like but spot is still the same.

The £309 with postage came to £316.something. I said a 2020 was £317 on another site. That’s all. Still cheap and I’ll buy either because they are low just may spend slightly extra for the newer model. 😁

• Founder & Administrator

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Someone earlier mentioned that using Bairdmint to buy Gold sovereigns was a competitive deal.

Well I beg to differ.

Yes, if you take their advertised prices, in-bond, but when you add on delivery charges, it's quite another matter.

Tonight, as an example, I was about to buy a 1959 Gold sovereign for their price of £323, but at the checkout, they added on no less than £13.20 for delivery (£11 + £2.20 VAT). It doesn't matter if it's one or two coins you buy. All are at £13.20 extra.

I am appalled, especially since the last time I bought one Gold sovereign from Bairdmint, which was in June 2020, they charged me a standard £6.25 (no VAT).

I think I'll stick with Chards. They are most reasonable when it comes to P&P.

35 minutes ago, Divmad said:

Someone earlier mentioned that using Bairdmint to buy Gold sovereigns was a competitive deal.

Well I beg to differ.

Yes, if you take their advertised prices, in-bond, but when you add on delivery charges, it's quite another matter.

Tonight, as an example, I was about to buy a 1959 Gold sovereign for their price of £323, but at the checkout, they added on no less than £13.20 for delivery (£11 + £2.20 VAT). It doesn't matter if it's one or two coins you buy. All are at £13.20 extra.

I am appalled, especially since the last time I bought one Gold sovereign from Bairdmint, which was in June 2020, they charged me a standard £6.25 (no VAT).

I think I'll stick with Chards. They are most reasonable when it comes to P&P.

I thought exactly the same thing. I noticed their postage costs had doubled since the summer and thought I wouldn't bother for a few sovs.

I also noticed an update to their delivery t&c's that concerned me. Is this always been a thing?

image.png.4039d58bf67fbc801522c95d1853738e.png

23 hours ago, PJRay said:

I thought exactly the same thing. I noticed their postage costs had doubled since the summer and thought I wouldn't bother for a few sovs.

I also noticed an update to their delivery t&c's that concerned me. Is this always been a thing?

image.png.4039d58bf67fbc801522c95d1853738e.png

I’ve not used Bairds since a package went missing and they ignored my email - turns out they sent it to an old address that was removed from my account, and the new owners dropped the package off at my parents across the road. Also, every gold bar in that pack had a damaged security case (opaque at the bends, easily opened with a finger nail). Never again.

From memory, you don’t get to see the delivery price until after you commit to an order?

• Founder & Administrator

Secondary market krugerrands at 3.5% at Chards (if the above HGM runs out of stock, this is likely the next best) https://www.chards.co.uk/1-oz-krugerrand-gold-coin/one-ounce-krugerrand-bullion/

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Harrington & Byrne now doing their gold sovereign for £329. Doesn't seem like that good of a deal considering gold has dropped so much but these would have been snapped up a month ago.

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2021-united-kingdom-gold-sovereign-5152.html

Edited by Coolsmp

13 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

Harrington & Byrne now doing their gold sovereign for £329. Doesn't seem like that good of a deal considering gold has dropped so much but these would have been snapped up a month ago.

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2021-united-kingdom-gold-sovereign-5152.html

That’s ridiculous. You can get them from Bairds for £310.00 and you don’t get a tonne of c**p through your letter box afterwards......

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/queen-elizabeth-ii-gold-sovereign--2021

9 hours ago, Tipsmart said:

Got the coins today. Massive props to sharps Pixley! Ordered yesterday, got the coins today. 

I asked for a random sov, and a QE2 pre decimal sov. 

Got a 1980, and a 1965, both pretty much uncirculated. For £308, and £311.

They send them free too, special delivery. In slips, in a nice large velvet bag. 

Highly recommended. 

20210302_105915.jpg

Great to see care like that