• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

16 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Not coins but a few spending tokens for the London Coin Fair on the 3rd July 2021.    No low serial numbers unfortunately, I really like the microchip hologram in the see through window.  don't know what rules there is about showing notes so thought it best to put specimen on the full notes.

Would have liked to see an Alan Turing 50p.  

£502.jpg

£501.jpg

£503.jpg

Being in IT I was tempted to get some of these myself.

1 hour ago, darkninja1985 said:

Double delivery today, some gold and silver.

Got hold of the silver from @Gypsy first bar, may be the start of many who knows. The gold I got from @modofantasma a couple of fractionals to add to my collection

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown-3.jpeg

Glad you are happy James. Thanks again bud. 

7 minutes ago, Binny said:

One of the reasons I am selling a bit of stuff is to pay for this behemoth which turned up this week.  I put a sovereign in for scale.

IMG_20210629_150548529.jpg

I can agree "behemoth" is the appropriate word! Stunning!

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

2 hours ago, Binny said:

One of the reasons I am selling a bit of stuff is to pay for this behemoth which turned up this week.  I put a sovereign in for scale.

IMG_20210629_150548529.jpg

What a monstrous beauty haha what size is that if I may ask? 

18 minutes ago, Binny said:

10 ounce platinum!  I think I may struggle to sell this one if or when the time comes.

Don’t threat you bought it because you wanted to, enjoy the purchase.. and if the time comes to sell it in years to come there will always be a buyer or a bullion dealer, it may be ten times the price by then fingers cross brother . 

18 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

My dentist says brushing twice a day helps keep on top of plaque 🧹

... and my dentist gives his girlfriend 7 apples when he goes skiing for the week, because:

an apple a day keeps the doctpr away.

Edited by LawrenceChard
typo

Chards

2 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Something not seen very often in the UK & My first ever extruded silver bar, Made by yours truly Engelhard London probably in the 70’s or even earlier.

Extruded bars usually are more often seen in the States & available In bullion form, in the UK they are produced purely for industrial purposes as rods etc…. I have no doubt this was also intended to be used in the metal Industry, Possibly for metal plating etc…

They are produced by heating the silver rods at 700+ degrees & then pushed through heavy equipment & (Stretched out) from the other end…. In theory like when ingots are pushed through a rolling mill machine to create rings & jewellery. 

Fantastic piece so glad to own this gem!!!!

The other bar is a Engelhard Sheffield Smelting kilo (A PIECE OF BRITISH BULLION HISTORY). 

Enjoy 😊 

1602AAC9-F54E-450D-B75A-5EE52915B876.jpeg

3E97957C-4578-4C73-9F59-C82C21B0DD9D.jpeg

A7ED1FF4-C6F2-4CCC-A043-4762FDFFB0C2.jpeg

Wow just wow.

10 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Something not seen very often in the UK & My first ever extruded silver bar, Made by yours truly Engelhard London probably in the 70’s or even earlier.

Extruded bars usually are more often seen in the States & available In bullion form, in the UK they are produced purely for industrial purposes as rods etc…. I have no doubt this was also intended to be used in the metal Industry, Possibly for metal plating etc…

They are produced by heating the silver rods at 700+ degrees & then pushed through heavy equipment & (Stretched out) from the other end…. In theory like when ingots are pushed through a rolling mill machine to create rings & jewellery. 

Fantastic piece so glad to own this gem!!!!

The other bar is a Engelhard Sheffield Smelting kilo (A PIECE OF BRITISH BULLION HISTORY). 

Enjoy 😊 

1602AAC9-F54E-450D-B75A-5EE52915B876.jpeg

3E97957C-4578-4C73-9F59-C82C21B0DD9D.jpeg

A7ED1FF4-C6F2-4CCC-A043-4762FDFFB0C2.jpeg

Stunning Yas 😍

4 hours ago, Binny said:

10 ounce platinum!  I think I may struggle to sell this one if or when the time comes.

That's a hell of a piece only 20 minted In the 10oz platinum must have raided your piggy back for that one 

Fair dos @Binny