• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

You cannot own an air rifle over 12 ft lbs of power without a licence, yet you can own a 250 ft lb crossbow :lol:, I am sure its some ancient law to do with everyone being able to own a bow in this country.

I am looking at getting a longbow, but going to wait until my shoulder is better first, crossbows are the perfect shtf survival tools.

Edited by SILVERFINGER

7 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Just be careful what you do and who you say it to ;)

From government site

Using a crossbow (or any bow weapon) for hunting is completely illegal here in the UK. The crossbow itself cannot be carried in public and a common sense approach should be adopted when transporting a crossbow. However, It is not illegal to own a crossbow.16 Dec 2017

What isn't illegal in the UK lol. I see gun crime is still pretty bad even with the stupid gun laws. Why? Because criminal don't give a **** about the laws. If you see what I said I didn't actually say I planned to use it for killing a animal here in the UK.  I only said a would kill a animal that I wanted for dinner 😉😎

Added 0 minutes later...
4 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

You cannot own an air rifle over 12 ft lbs of power without a licence, yet you can own a 250 ft lb crossbow :lol:, I am sure its some ancient law to do with everyone being able to own a bow in this country.

I am looking at getting a longbow, but going to wait until my shoulder is better first, crossbows are the perfect shtf survival tools.

Honestly get one 🖒

Edited by cornishrich
Spelling mistake

4 minutes ago, cornishrich said:

What isn't illegal in the UK lol. I see gun crime is still pretty bad even with the stupid gun laws. Why? Because criminal don't give a **** about the laws. If you see what I said I didn't actually say I planned to use it for killing a animal here in the UK.  I only said a would kill a animal that I wanted for dinner 😉😎

Added 0 minutes later...

Honestly get one 🖒

I have had Barnett crossbows years ago, be careful of what bolts you have on you also, crosshead hunting and armour piercing bodkin bolts are illegal to use in one, only the really crappy broadheads which would bounce off the side of the wheely bin and are designed to just mark a target.

2 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I have had Barnett crossbows years ago, be careful of what bolts you have on you also, crosshead hunting and armour piercing bodkin bolts are illegal to use in one, only the really crappy broadheads which would bounce off the side of the wheely bin and are designed to just mark a target.

Yeah I've had a good look at the laws. Going to be keeping it at his farm as it's easier and safer being left over there.

1 minute ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Received these two beauties on my top most wanted list...A tremendous “Thank you for all of your help!!!” to @richatthecroft for facilitating these purchases from two great The Silver Forum members, @ST1986 and @InvestInCoins888!!

Firstly, finally received one of the most beautiful and tantalizing Gold Britannias, a 2003 1/4 oz Gold Britannia Proof.

97E0A67B-7B8A-4FDC-90C7-7B5CEBC6CF9A.thumb.jpeg.025c9b670d5a9193cda8bb63bb03ce94.jpeg

73E693C4-80AB-473F-BBBB-0F83B0924EDC.thumb.jpeg.4a483f47b0fee29fc4dca0d084d98446.jpeg

And close to closing out my 2017 Gold Sovereign collection, a glorious 2017 Gold Sovereign Proof!! Just need to finish up with the 2017 Gold Double Sovereign (Hint, hint 😁).

F481EDD2-7526-4B2B-B102-A60747CB6173.thumb.jpeg.ae7cb6830c0e4bb295060f0895f45fd5.jpeg

1024ED7C-EEFF-4C18-89C0-931B6AD8F2AF.thumb.jpeg.0303e49ee42f366170d5e57486a3952d.jpeg

F4F9259A-42AC-4D9A-B04B-7A7533B7C67E.thumb.jpeg.d2fa7177b6baad80659a05e2a7402157.jpeg

Many thanks for the shout @CadmiumGreen A marvellous Britannia design the 2003, definitely in my top 3. 

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

8 hours ago, Troy77 said:

Finally got one at a nice price from Baird & Co

IMG_20200613_165630697.jpg

IMG_20200613_165614018.jpg

Great coin! I love the Centenário, and if my budget ever allowed it, I would be torn between that and the St. Gaudens double eagle. The Centenário would probably win though for being the larger coin.

10 hours ago, Tangomachine said:

Love this. Is each piece 1oz?

Each tetris piece ranges from about 22 grams up to 30 grams

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I got a nice little bar from @BackyardBullion, nothing I'd usually buy because of the price. But a) I can support the content provided by BYB on YT with that and b) it's really nice to look at.

And it is a great looking bar once again. But that doesn't help the bar... it will go in a dark place with it's brother from last year, only to be looked at from time to time to enjoy them :)

1oz_bar_byb_2020_.jpg