• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, Nick1368 said:

I bought my very first piece of gold from ATS and a lot more after the first one, always had a good experience especially if you go there is person and you are lucky enough to be served by the young blonde lady, It was very hard for me to maintain eye contact with her as I was distracted by her incredibly large breasts 😅

Might Pay them a visit lol

600+ QEII Gold Sovereigns

600+ Gold Bullion Sovereigns - Almost as Received

Just after we started putting some into bags.

When we received these, they were almost all junked together in one bag, so almost all have slight scratches and bagmarks. Sad really!

Edited by LawrenceChard
typo!

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

600+ Gold Bullion Sovereigns - Almost as Received

When we received these, they were almost all junked together in one bag, sos almost all have slight scratches and bagmarks. Sad really!

Does that mean they will be offered up at a reduced price?

Ok so they're only bullion but why bang them all together like that😵😵😵😭😭😭

40 minutes ago, Tattoedamat said:

Does that mean they will be offered up at a reduced price?

Ok so they're only bullion but why bang them all together like that😵😵😵😭😭😭

Yes, they are already on sale as "secondary market bullion -our choice" which we sell at a lower premium than "minty".

I didn't speak to the seller, but it is possible he received most of them like that, or he might have unpacked them to save space in a safe; we see all sorts of stuff like that.

Some years ago, we bought back a large quantity of sovereigns which we had previously supplied. Originally we had advised the investor to stick to secondary market our choice, which is our lowest priced category, and he did buy a lot of those, but also paid extra for one or two recent dates, in quantity, some in sheets. When we got the coins back, all were loose and scuffed. He had let the kids play with them!

Edited by LawrenceChard
clarification

Chards

46 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

When we received these, they were almost all junked together in one bag, so almost all have slight scratches and bagmarks. Sad really!

Interestingly, when we were checking them, one of our staff noticed some differences in the milled edges, and drew may attention to them, so I asked for photos:

10 QEII Sovereigns Stacked to Show Extreme Edge Variations

Unfortunately, I forgot to ask Doug to also photograph at least one each of the individual dates. Normally he is so switched on, he would probably have done that automatically, but...

...he is coming back in tomorrow to do just that.

More to follow...

Chards

20 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Interestingly, when we were checking them, one of our staff noticed some differences in the milled edges, and drew may attention to them, so I asked for photos:

10 QEII Sovereigns Stacked to Show Extreme Edge Variations

Unfortunately, I forgot to ask Doug to also photograph at least one each of the individual dates. Normally he is so switched on, he would probably have done that automatically, but...

...he is coming back in tomorrow to do just that.

More to follow...

The bottom coin, the third from bottom, and the second from the top, look to be thicker than the rest!  Are they all the same year?  If so, which year??