• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

18 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

Received today from @ilovesilverireallydo 

7CE41146-3BB5-464F-AFF6-09ADC580DD06.jpeg

0E413603-0192-4864-8996-7CC02DF78690.jpeg

There was a conversation about this date - in Marsh it doesnt exist, yet a bunch of us have owned the date 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

15 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

There was a conversation about this date - in Marsh it doesnt exist, yet a bunch of us have owned the date 

There's one even on offer now on the forum :)

edit. Australian coin book Renniks does list this coin with mintage 4.16M.

Edited by jultorsk
add Renniks

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

48 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

interesting, actually I just noticed the "m" Mint Mark, it's so tiny and hard to spot.

Well I have had loads of stuff come this past week, both to keep and to sell on, I will take pictures and put them on here when I get chance to look at them all.

First is a pair of WW2 dated British India 1/4 Rupees, made of .500 silver, these were a bargain buy in an auction where I was the only bidder, I saw they were in not bad condition and decided that even if they were not quite good enough to keep they were worth selling on at a profit.

The 1/4 Rupee came in a huge variety of variations, some very rare and worth a fortune, there was different mints denoted by an L for Lahore, a small diamond for Bombay and nothing for Calcutta mints, there was a small headed king, large headed king, short fleur delys on his crown and long ones, high relief portrait and shallow relief portrait, and finally differences in the bottom flower centre, thick edge, thin edge, long edge teeth, short edge teeth, reeded sides and security sides, just to name a few lol .
The 1940 below has short fleur delys on the crown, shallow relief portrait, thin edge, short edge teeth, and a reeded side, this coin was made by the Bombay mint and had a production of 28,947,000 for that year alone, though this was far less than Calcutta's which made 68,675,000 that year also.
In 1943 a security side/edge was put on the coins to help stop counterfeiting the coins were made a 1mm smaller in diameter with a thicker rim, this 1943 dated coin has high relief portait, short fleur delys, thick rim, long edge teeth, and a security side/edge, it also has the scarcer slightly different flower style at the bottom of the reverse of the coin, 
95,200,000 were made this year but all the variations are put into this total figure for Bombays production that year, the rarest of this year are the ones made at Lahore with 23,700,000 minted in 1943.

I sold both of these the next day.

More stuff to come when I get time.

DSCN2903.thumb.JPG.e01d05546b7d42d2f03c72ea69f25f81.JPG

DSCN2904.thumb.JPG.64f13b830066b2b703e2ef2a5077df35.JPG

Differences in the coin edge/sides

DSCN2906.thumb.JPG.2101eb289de2c37d12aa413e6585ecc3.JPG

Edited by SILVERFINGER
added pics of reeded and security edges

1 minute ago, Liam84 said:

I love nuggets so well done, but I love the turtle more...😁

Golden Turtles have a Habit of Spending their owners Currency, therefore making you destitute rather quickly, be cautious if Purchasing a Golden Turtle like Grumpy Dave Coinster.

17 hours ago, ZigZag said:

My last coin needed, to complete a date series of 2000 - present day Britannia coins, a reason for joining TSF. that’s one of the kids sorted, just need 2 more for the other.

Might buy another box put the 2020 in it to encourage him 😂

44439409-65E6-4638-A379-9DB6FA3A648B.jpeg

Have you actually got every Britannia including the impossibly hard to get hold of 'Pig 'privy? doesnt count if you dont have that haha!

Edited by Coolsmp

37 minutes ago, AgD said:

Recieved the 2 oz Aztec in copper today from our own @SilverStan so now have all the rounds in copper and silver. Will post all the pictures in the sub forum 'today I won't to show in the next few days.

20200617_155128.jpg

20200617_155207.jpg

20200617_155235.jpg

Wow, this is amazing. Where did you buy, any gold version?

4 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

A quickie:

200+ One Ounce Gold Coins Silver Maples and Bars

We did not have time to arrange it prettily, or use an SLR.

(Confession time, this was from yesterday)

5 Collective Nouns For Oxen 🤠

"Drove of Oxen" "Herd of Oxen" "Span of Oxen" "Team of Oxen" "Yoke of Oxen"

🐮🐂🐄  🐮🐂🐄 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken