• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

44 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

This arrived today after what seemed an age in royal snails hands,

Its a Uruguay 20 Centismos coin made in 1942 out of .720 silver.
This coin was minted one year only in 1942 along with a 1 Peso silver coin, 18 million were minted at the Santiago mint, so not a rare coin nor expensive, but I hardly ever see them for sale here in the UK, and most look to have had a hard life.

Won three other coins in auctions which I am waiting for, lost six auctions (have a strict budget) and currently bidding on five more.

Quite a small coin, the size of a UK Sixpence, as always the pics dont show the lustre on the coin that you see in the hand.

DSCN2823.thumb.JPG.d3820da4e88d55fbf5a3416167eaaad3.JPG

DSCN2821.thumb.JPG.d49356be808444c9fd2dd3094f32396a.JPG

lovely coin and you're right Uruguay silver is quite scarce here. They had a strange relationship with silver coinage and more or less stopped using silver in the production of circulating coins in 1895, issuing only a couple of silver coins in a few years since then.

5 minutes ago, Rugbyplayer said:

Now that's how you increase your stack in one fell swoop!....what a delivery!

Either that or you've started group orders on the side 🤣

Stunning lot @Troy77  👍🏻

This will all be sold and transferred to bars

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

2 hours ago, sixfour said:

5 x  20oz Silver Bar by Scottsdale Mint Long Cast .999

IMG_0636[1].JPG

IMG_0635[1].JPG

Wow......absolutely stunning! 

Scottsdale without doubt produce the best looking cast bars. I just wish they were easier to come by in the UK!

I need one (but ideally 5 ha!) of these 20 ouncers n my stack, plus two or three more of the 10oz versions too!  👍🏻

20 hours ago, Ranger2girls said:

Well got a new case today from Kay at master coin cases to go with the one I bought from Shaun here on the silver forum  well chuffed just need to fill them lol 

20200506_133130.jpg

20200506_133057.jpg

These look great. Something caught my eye though, it's the very small tags stick onto the capsules. What are they and are they any good? I've been looking for something similar for my own records but haven't found anything as small and tidy as yours.

2 hours ago, GoldElliott said:

Lovely double florin from @AgD this morning. thanks :) 

Took me a while to work out where it should go in the folder- HC is 2s6d and a crown is 5s so I figured it goes between them as its 4s?

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-07 at 09.40.17.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-07 at 09.40.26.jpeg

Glad it got to you quickly and mine sit just after the crown's 👍