• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

4 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

2022 six pence? Never heard of them. How big is it.

Very nice 👍

The Royal Mint resumed production of the silver sixpences in 2016, although they are now heavier than the 1/11th troy ounce sterling silver sixpences that were around pre-1920 (2.83g vs 3.35g). The new ones are also a tad larger with a diameter of 19.41mm.

This is the last one with QE2 and her cipher on it, and I do like the look of it. It was available last year in at least 3 different formats from what I can recall: a Christmas sixpence in bunc-style packaging (the cheapest option, which I went for, except I stuck it in a slab instead of a Christmas pudding!), and wedding and baby gift versions that came boxed in little pouches about cost about 50% more. The coins are all identical; only the packaging differed.

The gold one is still in stock: https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/six-pence-2022-gold-proof-coin/

5 hours ago, Solachesis said:

The Aladeen has returned once more. 

Screenshot_20230220_105037.jpg

Screenshot_20230220_105248.jpg

Take a bow, keeper of history.

you are the chosen one…….this week.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

Just now, HillWalkerDundee said:

I love these

You’ve opened Pandora’s Box with that comment. 
it’ll be yours next…..

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

On 18/02/2023 at 15:29, TheShinyStuff said:

My 2oz Silver Henry VIII arrived yesterday. I had a quick look last night after work and it appeared to have the same splash/streak like marks on the right shoulder that a few others have had. 

After another look today, I am really disappointed. I have stated loads of times on here that RM proof silver gives me the fear. I don't normally touch it, but I took a punt on this because of the lower mintage. Planned to just stick it away, hope it didn't turn white and see how things were in a few years, maybe even grade it, but the marks ruin it.

I can't decide whether to ask for a replacement or just get my money back. Is it worth the trouble? Is a good one likely to increase in value over the years? Any thoughts?

20230218_151741.thumb.jpg.b91ffad8a4b534672fd262df4c2fb631.jpg

😢

IMG_20230221_023221.jpg

10 hours ago, paulmerton said:

The Royal Mint resumed production of the silver sixpences in 2016, although they are now heavier than the 1/11th troy ounce sterling silver sixpences that were around pre-1920 (2.83g vs 3.35g). The new ones are also a tad larger with a diameter of 19.41mm.

This is the last one with QE2 and her cipher on it, and I do like the look of it. It was available last year in at least 3 different formats from what I can recall: a Christmas sixpence in bunc-style packaging (the cheapest option, which I went for, except I stuck it in a slab instead of a Christmas pudding!), and wedding and baby gift versions that came boxed in little pouches about cost about 50% more. The coins are all identical; only the packaging differed.

The gold one is still in stock: https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/six-pence-2022-gold-proof-coin/

you got me look into the silver sixpence!

can't afford a gold proof but that silver will do for me 😄

Some cool bits I picked up last week.

the two lovely Monnaie de paris pieces are sold out 2022 1k mintage which I picked up at release price from the Paris jewelery quatre. the details on both the asterix and Tutenkhamun are crazy nice and the boxed Bu 2005 sov was a nice pick up from @JamesH