• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

6 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

There is also an individual Platinum proof(3oz) £5 piedfort with the shield reverse and equestrian obverse. Mintage 52.

Managed to pre order one from a dealer.

There are so many variations my head hurts

Would you know the mintage of the 1oz platinum proof? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

There is also an individual Platinum proof(3oz) £5 piedfort with the shield reverse and equestrian obverse. Mintage 52.

Managed to pre order one from a dealer.

There are so many variations my head hurts

Did you see the 12oz tri-metallic special edition VIP only issue? The inner section is platinum (4oz), middle section is gold (4oz) and outer section is silver (4oz). The reverse is the same design as with the new Crown and the obverse is a special new portrait of the Queen. The mintage is 0 as I made this up. Sorry.

I struggle to see much appeal in the platinum coins as they just look like silver at a glance. Sure, they won't tarnish or go milky, but that's quite a premium to pay for the luxury.

And if you even want to sell them, just imagine how hard it will be to make it stand out that this particular platinum jubilee coin is made out of platinum when all the other similar silver versions also have "platinum" in their description 😁

Still, it's pretty cool that they made them this year.

Maybe a nicer way to truly commemorate the event would be to put all of the platinum 50ps into circulation where they will probably be spent many more times than they'll be found.

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

I struggle to see much appeal in the platinum coins as they just look like silver at a glance. Sure, they won't tarnish or go milky, but that's quite a premium to pay for the luxury.

And if you even want to sell them, just imagine how hard it will be to make it stand out that this particular platinum jubilee coin is made out of platinum when all the other similar silver versions also have "platinum" in their description 😁

Still, it's pretty cool that they made them this year.

Maybe a nicer way to truly commemorate the event would be to put all of the platinum 50ps into circulation where they will probably be spent many more times than they'll be found.

LOL 😄

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Did you see the 12oz tri-metallic special edition VIP only issue? The inner section is platinum (4oz), middle section is gold (4oz) and outer section is silver (4oz). The reverse is the same design as with the new Crown and the obverse is a special new portrait of the Queen. The mintage is 0 as I made this up. Sorry.

You had me going there. I remember @mr-deadhad a tri metallic coin in the past, don’t think it was as large as your imagination though. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

11 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I predict a terrible show tomorrow!

I don't think I am buying anything but might have a look if I get time.

Anyone interested in anything? Or is there just too much to choose from ?!

Might buy a 1oz silver and the 2oz sliver depending on mintage figures 

17 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I predict a terrible show tomorrow!

I don't think I am buying anything but might have a look if I get time.

Anyone interested in anything? Or is there just too much to choose from ?!

No gold for me unfortunately, too soon after the Sovereign and Gothic Crown release to splash out. 

Thinking I may go for a 1oz Silver and / or the Piedfort Silver 50p.

41 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Tough one this, for me. Buy the event ? Buy the design ? Not particularly in love with any of the designs to be honest, which leaves me with the event…..

Don’t get caught up in the hype.

My advice to myself is to hold off for the coins that will really be classics - like the upcoming SotD Sovereign, or even the regular Proof Sovereign and the Gothic Crown if you can get your hands on more.

Bit of a joker in the pack but given the current spot price and the occasion I think the 1oz platinum might do very well long term depending on mintage. Probably not in my lifetime though.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Don’t get caught up in the hype.

My advice to myself is to hold off for the coins that will really be classics - like the upcoming SotD Sovereign, or even the regular Proof Sovereign and the Gothic Crown if you can get your hands on more.

Got two proof sovs as well as two 2oz Quarter Arms and Portraits along with the 5oz Quarter Arms and Portrait, so keeping it to the classics.

I agree with your words completely. But good luck to those chasing these current coins. Each to their own. Enjoy :)

54 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Bit of a joker in the pack but given the current spot price and the occasion I think the 1oz platinum might do very well long term depending on mintage. Probably not in my lifetime though.

Could be a bit of premium on these due to it actually being her Platinum Anniversary……will be fascinating to see the ramp up on these.