• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

44 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

And then is also another special range with this reverse design and the horse portrait on the obverse which will be released in a few days - but this design is only for larger denominations.image.png.261e6291dcaca00c7097bb71af0c5a02.png

I am baffled by the RM.  They have a brilliant design on the £5, and then they go and produce this design for larger denoinations!

As it looks a bit like an urn, I assumed it was designed in case the Queen died this year (like the way Prince Philip was involved in the design of his mourning coin).

2 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I am baffled by the RM.  They have a brilliant design on the £5, and then they go and produce this design for larger denoinations!

As it looks a bit like an urn, I assumed it was designed in case the Queen died this year (like the way Prince Philip was involved in the design of his mourning coin).

It looked like a cornucopia to me - plus, I don’t see shamrock.

I didn’t know Prince Philip was involved in the design of his coin.

19 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I’m out then- far too many- particularly if Matte- initial impetus then a nosedive. 

It is indeed matte and plain edge with the same coat of arms design as the proof.

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I didn’t know Prince Philip was involved in the design of his coin.

"The special edition £5 coin features an original portrait of The Duke to celebrate his remarkable life. The coin’s design was approved by The Duke before his death in April this year and is being launched on Armed Forces Day 2021."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/commemorative-coin-marking-prince-philips-life-well-lived-revealed-for-the-first-time

5 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

"The special edition £5 coin features an original portrait of The Duke to celebrate his remarkable life. The coin’s design was approved by The Duke before his death in April this year and is being launched on Armed Forces Day 2021."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/commemorative-coin-marking-prince-philips-life-well-lived-revealed-for-the-first-time

I remember this coin.  Thanks! :)  

6 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Yes, crushing people's hopes of buying a rare variety after forking out hundreds of pounds!

8 hours ago, Zhorro said:

I actually really like it, though now you point out the urn I can't unsee it!

Looking back on today, on here...well it went mad for this set...the 50p reverse, as someone else said...looks rubbish, and I mean the visualisation, not the core concept...will pop in on Thursday to see what the horseback crown actually is...

2 hours ago, SilverPlatinum said:

🙂 Hi Guys, I just want to confirm this:

The Platinum coin will be released on January 6th, and it will be 3 ounces, and the expected price between GBP3000-GBP3500.

Is this right?

The price will be £5495

I am stunned

I have just checked my open orders on the RM website and discovered that I have a 2022 gold proof Annual set in my open orders which I did not order.

How can this have happened?

I did order last years set but returned it due to Quality issues.

Could I have inadvertently signed myself up onto some automatic re -ordering schedule when I placed my order last year?

3 minutes ago, SilverPlatinum said:

Thanks. Was this based on a previous coin release, or your estimation, or you found the price on the RM website?

😟 It's really too expensive! I calculated my budget and I cannot afford that!

The dealer that I placed an order with for this coin informed me what the issue price is.

1 minute ago, goldhunter said:

I am stunned

I have just checked my open orders on the RM website and discovered that I have a 2022 gold proof Annual set in my open orders which I did not order.

Could I have inadvertently signed myself up onto some automatic re -ordering schedule when I placed my order last year?

They have an automatic reorder tab for dome products right enough, probably that. Easy to cancel I would hope. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

9 minutes ago, SilverPlatinum said:

Thanks.....

Why the mint did not do 1 ounce one! £5495 is really hard to lock in a single coin.......

Isn't there supposed to be a 1oz platinum proof as well for £2190?

Or there's the platinum version of the jubilee 50p for £1145.

1 hour ago, goldhunter said:

I am stunned

When you purchase one of these gold sets there is a sign up option, if you do sign up you are automatically given one of the sets every year for the foreseeable future, there is a brief description of this option at the bottom of the RM page for the gold set, looks as if you have been signed up?

Edited by Fivepoundfred

5 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I didn't even realise this one had been released:

"This is the first platinum annual set offered by The Royal Mint in celebration of Her Majesty Queen’s Platinum Jubilee."

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/proof-sets/2022-annual-coin-set-platinum/

Limited edition of 30.

It was never on the website. It must’ve been offered exclusively and directly to premium Mint Marque members.