• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

1 hour ago, Jeremyzed said:

What the heck is going at the royal mint, first is a secrect release of a whole bunch of monarch series coins, still a dozen gold 1 and 2oz avaliable. Now just looking on the website I found this being avaliable again.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-queens-platinum-jubilee/the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-5-silver-proof-piedfort-coin/

Likely returned coins- I can only put two in my basket, so not a large volume available.  

1 hour ago, richatthecroft said:

Likely returned coins- I can only put two in my basket, so not a large volume available.  

Yep I checked the source code eariler it was two as well, however there are still 41 of the monarch 2oz gold and 11 of the monarch 1oz gold as of two hours ago, and through out the weekend from thursday actually I think they only sold 2 2oz gold because no one noticed I guess. But I just feel like this is a very very dangerous slippery slope of having a big super hyped up release and by artificially limiting the stock and have the coin sale out in a pinch then to slowly release the remaining coins covertly later on, I just can't see how this can be good for anyone, it seems to be undermining for RM's reputation and will likely make a lot of people mad(the people who got it for rrp for all the stress and 9am queue and obviously people who paid double or triple for paying that price after they thought it sold out lol)

Edited by Jeremyzed
Sorry if there is crazy typo and non coherent lines, a bit exhausted from a long day...

9 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

Yep I checked the source code eariler it was two as well, however there are still 41 of the monarch 2oz gold and 11 of the monarch 1oz gold as of two hours ago, and through out the weekend from thursday actually I think they only sold 2 2oz gold because no one noticed I guess. But I just feel like this is a very very dangerous slippery slope of having a big super hyped up release and by artificially limiting the stock and have the coin sale out in a pinch then to slowly release the remaining coins covertly later on, I just can't see how this can be good for anyone, it seems to be undermining for RM's reputation and will likely make a lot of people mad(the people who got it for rrp for all the stress and 9am queue and obviously people who paid double or triple for paying that price after they thought it sold out lol)

It leaves a very bad taste I agree and arouses suspicion and (understandable) resentment. I don't think we can yet be sure the Mint is being quite so devious, however. I don't personally think they're competent enough (but of course could be wrong). I think on balance they are just useless and making 'the best' of a bad job with a terrible system. I am fed up with it all though and won't be buying from them again once my proof modern 'Liz' Sov set is finished.

I was lucky (it seems) there and benefited from their incompetence (this time, and for once). I missed the proofs on launch but some came suddenly back into stock later and I was able to get a single full as well as a three coin set. The real mystery (or not, it's the Mint!) is why I received mine before some who had ordered on the day of release. All mine were fine and yet a number of 'early birds' received problem coins. Shocking.

The Mint has a lot to correct and I don't think it will. I think they'll only get worse, and more cynical. I'm pretty much out.

Hasn’t it been 30 days since the release? Are these more likely to be returns added back into stock after flippers unable to sell? 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

There is a chance that they could also be over-production, held back to cover replacements - that's been hinted at in a few recent RM release threads.

They may free these up after the 30 day returns cut-off?

I've put in an order, but will check them very closely, when they arrive (tomorrow, I think).

They aren't likely to be returns imo because the availability changes from 3-5 working days to 5 weeks, then mid-July etc. Some coins also have household limits.

It seems they are releasing availability in batches for whatever reason. The first time I noticed it was the QB completers. At first I thought it was all marketing gimmick to make it look like a fast sell-out. But this is unnecessary as they would sell out just fine if they released the entire mintage in one go anyway.

RM are very much understaffed. They lost a lot of personnel through the pandemic and demand has surged in the same period. My guess is they are releasing what they can fit in the schedule as they go along