• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

11 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I have officially got too carried away today and I'm regretting it already. Does anyone else want to get in the same boat as me?

I am in the same boat! I only got a 2oz silver today, but too much pending with RM over the last month or so

Edited by NewCoins

Current items available:

£5 Sterling Silver Proof - 888 available out of 5000 = 82% sold

£5 Sterling Silver Proof Piedfort - 319 available of 1952 = 83.6% sold

5 oz gold Proof - 11 available of 120 = 90.8% sold

50p Silver Proof - 1422 available of 5000 = 71.5% sold

50p Silver Proof Piedfort - 949 available of 2500 = 62% sold

Makes interesting figures on what is more popular from general market!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

6 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I have to say I am surprised at the popularity today, and was also for the silver and gold annual sets.

Got it wrong both times!

I think more speculators have joined the market recently and there has been more awareness of profits realised on editions like the great engravers. I suspect there are a lot of people currently jumping on anything limited edition the mint release because of this, combine it with the jubilee and you have a scramble.

Can't say I was too excited by this release and passed.

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

If anyone missed out on the Piedfort annual set and wants one at RRP, please see my sales thread. Decided to cancel the order, but before I do so, wanted to offer it here in case of interest. Cheers.

I'm in that boat also. I think I'm looking to either cancel or sell.

As far as I can tell, this set is the only way to get the Jody Clark 50p piedfort, if that appeals...

7 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

I'm in that boat also. I think I'm looking to either cancel or sell.

As far as I can tell, this set is the only way to get the Jody Clark 50p piedfort, if that appeals...

The £5 too. All the ones released today have the horseback portrait.

12 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I think more speculators have joined the market recently and there has been more awareness of profits realised on editions like the great engravers. I suspect there are a lot of people currently jumping on anything limited edition the mint release because of this, combine it with the jubilee and you have a scramble.

Can't say I was too excited by this release and passed.

There must have been quite a number of coins sold today.

I think I will cancel my 2oz silver and hunt on the secondary market for some bargains.

1 hour ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I'm always curious to see what other dealers are stocking the new releases and selling them for. I checked out Coin Connection and this happened. Get on it folks and get a nice stress free order in while you can...

Untitled.png

Already sold out by time I saw this🙁

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

More ebay shenanigans

Listed as the 50p but with the £5 pictures and descriptions....

But, priced as if it was the 50p.

Some unsuspecting buyer might snap buy it thinking its a £1500 price on a £2700 issue price coin.

Ebay is really not a good place at all. Hate it. 

UPDATE - seller just updated everything to be correct. 

oof.png

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 hours ago, BarryWoods said:

it is worth staying in the queue.. there are so many coins and so many options, that the higher value ones may stick around longer. I was 1500 in the queue, and most of the gold coins were still available..    resisted temptation..

but spotted under Historic Coins.. a set of three gold sovereigns, with a gold sovereign for each jubilee - silver, gold platinum - limited to 499 sets - £1800 -

there was a similar half sovereign set aswell..  For me. perfect choice.. 'sovereign' and the Sovereigns jubilees -  and many people have probably missed this section.

That’s £1,800 for 3 bullion sovs.

And £1,100 for 3 bullion half-sovs.

These are not a good deal at all - you can get all these coins for about half the price of these sets.

The extra 100% premium for a box with a booklet is not worth it imo.

Edited by westminstrel

44 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

The £5 too. All the ones released today have the horseback portrait.

Except for the relatively low mintage 50p 2-coin sets, which I'm pretty disappointed to have missed. Particularly the very affordable BU. They were in my basket and I dawdled 😢

2 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Except for the relatively low mintage 50p 2-coin sets, which I'm pretty disappointed to have missed. Particularly the very affordable BU. They were in my basket and I dawdled 😢

Yes, I would have liked both of those two coin sets. There are no pictures to show how they are presented, does anyone know?

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

Yeah though I have to admit having bought the silver proof annual set I was a bit disapointed to see that! The RM were very sneaky in their wording on that SP set. I just hope the £5 makes up for it.