• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

I prefer the Massachusetts telephone dollar coin over the Royal Mint telephone £2 coin which is part of the American Innovation dollar coin series.

https://www.usmint.gov/coins/coin-medal-programs/american-innovation-dollar-coins/massachusetts-telephone

The order of release of the coins in the American Innovations dollar coin series is determined by when each place became a state.

1 hour ago, goldhunter said:

The Jubilee £5 release(individual) , release date the 7th January( I think), will include a gold proof version, mintage 400, and a piedfort platinum proof version, mintage 52.

Which obverse will it have, do you know? I like the JC obverse - somehow the “Queen on horseback portrait” which they’ve used on Jubilee coinage since 1977 has never appealed to me.

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Which obverse will it have, do you know? I like the JC obverse - somehow the “Queen on horseback portrait” which they’ve used on Jubilee coinage since 1977 has never appealed to me.

Hey @westminstrel, my reading of it is that the annual sets will have the JC portrait (my preference in this case also) and the separate releases will have the queen on horseback. This applies to the £5 and “70” 50p (I think) in the gold, platinum and silver ranges. Going to be pricey though, here are the release details, mintages etc:

https://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/press-centre/the-royal-mint-reveals-new-coins-for-2022-including-the-queens-platinum-jubilee-50p/

although the platinum mintage set is only 30 (nearly £10k for the set!), my preference is still the gold, a snip at £7.1k 😂

6 hours ago, SilverMike said:

Hey @westminstrel, my reading of it is that the annual sets will have the JC portrait (my preference in this case also) and the separate releases will have the queen on horseback. This applies to the £5 and “70” 50p (I think) in the gold, platinum and silver ranges. Going to be pricey though, here are the release details, mintages etc:

https://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/press-centre/the-royal-mint-reveals-new-coins-for-2022-including-the-queens-platinum-jubilee-50p/

although the platinum mintage set is only 30 (nearly £10k for the set!), my preference is still the gold, a snip at £7.1k 😂

I know I am being pedantic here, but surely the RM should have worked out it is 2022!

The 2021 United Kingdom Gold Proof Commemorative Coin Set

COIN TITLE

THE PLATINUM JUBILEE OF HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN 2022 UK 50P GOLD PROOF COIN

THE BIRMINGHAM 2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES UK 50P GOLD PROOF COIN

THE LIFE AND LEGACY OF DAME VERA LYNN 2022 UK £2 GOLD PROOF COIN

THE LIFE AND LEGACY OF ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL 2022 UK £2 GOLD PROOF COIN

THE PLATINUM JUBILEE OF HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN 2022 UK £5 GOLD PROOF COIN

Edited by Zhorro
typo

Every year I resolve to buy the Premium Proof Cupronickel Set but never get around to it 😂.

They are great value 👍 

This special occasion year I’m buying the Premium Set, to get my Jody Clark fix!  And this alongside the forthcoming £5 individual Silver Proof with Her Majesty on Horseback. 

The Premium Proof Set is a beautiful presentation for only £210.

I look at it this way, the wooden box must be worth £20 and free postage if you order by phone must be worth a tenner- so that leaves £180 for 13 coins and a medal- that’s an average of £12.85 per coin!

Absolute Bargain and a wonderful momento 👍

The queue has not started yet.

I believe when the queue officially starts at 9 am, whoever is on the website will be assigned a random queue number - regardless of how long they were waiting before the queue started. Those who access the website after these random numbers are allocated will be added to the back of the queue in sequence. At least there’s my understanding of how this works. 

Edited by westminstrel

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The queue has not started yet.

I believe when the queue officially starts at 9 am, whoever is on the website will be assigned a random queue number - regardless of how long they were waiting before the queue started. Those who access the website after these random numbers are allocated will be added to the back of the queue in sequence. At least there’s my understanding of how this works. 

The queue has started for me.

Well, to be specific, the queue it system is active, I am not actually in a queue yet

Edited by NewCoins

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

That’s exactly what I mean - there is no queue yet.

What I originally meant (poorly worded on my behalf) is the queue it system was active at 8.00 (early). Its normally 8.30 the majority of the time

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

The Queue-it system will start a queue automatically at 9 am and randomly allot queue numbers to people.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

I'm guessing these aren't going to be anywhere near as popular as this year's sovereigns if there's a household limit of 10 again? That's a crazy limit for something that there's only 1000 of!

It seems to be 5 for the silver proof set (!) and 1 for the gold proof as far as I can tell. 

I think these will be available for quite some time to come (weeks). But you never know I guess