• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

12 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

In terms of the Silver Proof set- like I said earlier, the Specifications blurb of the Silver Proof set cites the Jody Clark Obverse and the John Bergdahl Reverse- plain lettered edge- and in the photographs they cite photos of a 500 Pound denomination 🤯. Amateurs!

I think a spotty faced IT guy has just got the photos mixed up! 😂

372461498_Screenshot2022-01-04at09_28_05.thumb.png.88919049dc7e1eeadf7b4fdd0c2ce7cc.png299921156_Screenshot2022-01-04at10_17_59.thumb.png.dbfc3af02abae34528c29d18fd7c5106.png1941715923_Screenshot2022-01-04at10_18_20.thumb.png.49fa92274970f74acce50015cb9e91a2.png

500 pounds!........😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

I don't think it depicts the current age of the queen...

it most certainly does not 😂

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

500 pounds!........😂😂😂😂

Exactly- they have completely bamboozled people with their incompetence and personally, I think the Silver Proof and the Silver Piedfort set would have sold out faster- only people would have been put off by their silliness.

4 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Exactly- they have completely bamboozled people with their incompetence and personally, I think the Silver Proof and the Silver Piedfort set would have sold out faster- only people would have been put off by their silliness.

Do annual sets normally sell out fast ? 

2 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Or perhaps I'll be getting some massive £500 coin in my Silver Proof Set- maybe they'll realise when they can't shut the lid on the presentation case! 😂

What's that sound? Oh, it's the noise of petrol stations preemptively closing near Tiverton 😁

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

So is there more coming soon?  

There's always more coming- but you knew that already 😂

Her Majesty on the Horse is coming-  as an individual coin on the 7th isn't it?- likely available in many denominations from £5 upwards.

The spotty IT youth has just leaked the design 😂

So of you wanted the silver/gold 50p/£5 with the JC obverse that chance has now gone ?

I don't think i will be buying on Thursday, although might be interested in the Bergdahl quarter ounce gold

Edit. Not sure if that's going to be a thing.

See here.

https://coinhunter.co.uk/platinum-jubilee-collection

Not sure if it's just more mixing up of designs 

Edited by NewCoins

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

So of you wanted the silver/gold 50p/£5 with the JC obverse that chance has now gone ?

I would guess so.

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

don't think i will be buying on Thursday, although might be interested in the Bergdahl quarter ounce gold

I would very much doubt there will be a 1/4oz Gold- but what do I know 🤷‍♂️

I started out telling myself to buy the Premium Proof set- but bought the Silver Proof- I love it when a plan comes together 😂

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

The 2019 set had a limit of 1000, whereas this year the limit is 550, so that must have some impact.

The 2021 was a 550 too- I can't remember how long that took to sell out, but certainly not in a day like this one!  Unprecedented I would say.  

Edited by richatthecroft

2 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I would guess so.

I would very much doubt there will be a 1/4oz Gold- but what do I know 🤷‍♂️

I started out telling myself to buy the Premium Proof set- but bought the Silver Proof- I love it when a plan comes together 😂

The 2021 was a 550 too- I can't remember how long that took to sell out, but certainly not in a day like this one!  Unprecedented I would say.  

I edited my original post.

See here 

I do think it's likely the other design though and they have been mixed up on whatever RM has sent out to press/retailers

Okay… so they made it clear that ALL the coins in the Annual Sets will have the Jody Clark obverse. Any images showing otherwise are mistakes.

The Annual Sets are the only way to get the platinum commemorative 50p and £5 coins with the JC obverse.

In a few days they will release the same 50p (with EIIR 70) and £5 (with the shield and curtains) coins but with the horseback portrait on the obverse. These will be individual releases.

And then is also another special range with this reverse design and the horse portrait on the obverse which will be released in a few days - but this design is only for larger denominations.image.png.261e6291dcaca00c7097bb71af0c5a02.png

8 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I edited my original post.

See here 

I do think it's likely the other design though and they have been mixed up on whatever RM has sent out to press/retailers

Thanks! That’s a huge range. If they had used the definitive Jody Clark obverse, I’d have been hankering for a few denominations. As it is the horseback portrait, I’ll resist the FOMO and save up for the strike on the day coins in a month - I’m quite certain there’ll be a few.

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Thanks! That’s a huge range. If they had used the definitive Jody Clark obverse, I’d have been hankering for a few denominations. As it is the horseback portrait, I’ll resist the FOMO and save up for the strike on the day coins in a month - I’m quite certain there’ll be a few.

Hopefully they won't kill the SOTD with a mintage akin to that of the Brexit