• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

4 hours ago, SilverDrum said:

Two deliveries today 🤑 I'm sure i set a budget for this month, but i just can't remember what it was....ah well!

Two lovely Aztec coins and my first Oriental Britannia from @PablosGee! Thank's again for these! Then a couple of hours later i got my second lot of Oriental Britannia's and a couple more tubes of plain ol' Britannia's! 

IMG-5509.jpg

IMG-5508.jpg

IMG-5511.jpg

Love those Aztec coins! ;)

I got my coins from the first Coins of the Realm auction. (Sorry if the pictures aren't the best, they are just some quick handheld shots before I forget to take any pictures at all.)

My first proof coin and the smallest gold coin yet, a proof quarter sovereign from 2012. I like the look of the coin, but it is so tiny... We'll see if the coin and I get to be friends...

2012_quarter_sovereign_prood_back.thumb.jpg.5d795cb406259c0d6d30cc4a50785622.jpg2012_quarter_sovereign_prood_front.thumb.jpg.a6260e64f6d6c2235f264b5bf8ab5688.jpg

I also got an old italian 10 Lira coin from 1863 showing King Vittorio Emanuele II. It is made from .900 Gold and weighs 3.3358g according to the auction catalog, 3.2258g according to Numista (https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces18756.html) and 3.20g according to my scales.

1863_italien_10_lira_back.thumb.jpg.5cd9d47a280c84c6afe92753b8afee3b.jpg1863_italien_10_lira_front.thumb.jpg.9ddae3b0df159bbcf41f242dc0284b20.jpg

And i got a third coin that I won't show you as it isn't the coin I was supposed to get. It is a different year and I can't find the coin in the auction at all. I'll wait and see what the auction house will say.

But I got some gold which I'm not unhappy with.

3 hours ago, 47Ag79Au78Pt said:

Holding a well milled and etched block of metal is one of life's little pleasures!  It doesn't always have to be PMs.   Have you come across World Rare Metals Mint?  https://www.rwmmint.com I've got my eye on an ingor of Cobalt... just for the hell of it!. 

Totally agree, it is a lovely chunk of metal to hold. I think I will aim to complete the Agosi set, maybe even the Silver too (unfortunately the Gold is way beyond my means!) Once I have that I'll look into https://www.rwmmint.com. Enjoy your Cobalt! 

Just had a thought- I wonder if any TSF members safes would click open with the combination 47-79-78!!! Great username😀

10 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Not PM by any stretch of the imagination, but very nice all the same. A bit of an impulse buy and way too expensive, but I suppose that's how it goes sometimes. 

They also do brass, copper, aluminium and titanium (which is crazy expensive).

Any thoughts - other than it being a relative waste of money that is!

Cheers.

Not something I'd put money into but it's a nice looking lump of metal

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

18 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Totally agree, it is a lovely chunk of metal to hold. I think I will aim to complete the Agosi set, maybe even the Silver too (unfortunately the Gold is way beyond my means!) Once I have that I'll look into https://www.rwmmint.com. Enjoy your Cobalt! 

Just had a thought- I wonder if any TSF members safes would click open with the combination 47-79-78!!! Great username😀

Cheers👍🏼

22 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

47-79-78!!! Great username

another one would be the atomic weight instead of number, making it 108Ag197Au195Pt

Although the actual numbers have to be rounded up.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon