• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

10 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:
2006 Silver Proof Annual Collection #1 of 1

Before The Royal Mint landed upon its current design for annual year proof-set boxes - shiny black for silver, and the superior wooden veneer for executive proofs - it first ejaculated the 2000 "Millenium" and 2006 "80th Birthday" silver sets. Both sets included a silver 4-coin Maundy set and both boxes were heinously unattractive. 

So egregiously ugly, in fact, that I have decided to replace the original boxes with their wooden "executive" counterparts, jettison the Maundies, and offer safe harbour to the appropriate - and originally excluded- commemorative silver proof coins.

The 2006 addenda are the braces of Victoria Cross heptagons and the Brunel doubloons.

A marked improvement imo and considerably more in keeping with their modern counterparts.

The Maundy set will have to go.

2006 Silver Exec Rev2.jpg

2006 Silver Exec Box 2.jpg

2006 Silver Exec Lid.jpg

2006 Silver Exec Box.jpg

2006  Set Box Lid.jpg

2006 Maundy Set Rev.jpg

Agreed on that hideous crushed velour finish of the Millennium Silver Set- I bought one only to liberate the Maundy Money into my collection- I was shocked by the presentation, it was like a 70's throwback-I can only think at the time, the product manager was on Acid- At least it was a blue crushed velour, could have been worse, it might have been Daytona Yellow like my Ford Cortina.

4 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

Agreed on that hideous crushed velour finish of the Millennium Silver Set- I bought one only to liberate the Maundy Money into my collection- I was shocked by the presentation, it was like a 70's throwback-I can only think at the time, the product manager was on Acid- At least it was a blue crushed velour, could have been worse, it might have been Daytona Yellow like my Ford Cortina.

I'll have you know our mk3 Cortina was daytona yellow and ran on propane...back in the early 80s, we were so cool.....in our banana car...lmao.

4 minutes ago, Loucollectscoins said:

Today I received my 2oz Tudor beast bullion coin. Never had a problem with the royal mint but this is unacceptable to me :( 

A589070F-3C68-45A9-8971-46BD9EA5DBE3.jpeg

Send back as even that can't be described as bullion 🙈

@Gordy has some up on the forum, that will have been checked over before selling. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

15 minutes ago, Loucollectscoins said:

How did you open the capsule?

With difficulty! A fine but strong blade between the halves and work it round until wide enough to get a fingernail in. There was some slight capsule damage by the time I got it opened. But I hate looking at coins through plastic so just had to get it open. The capsule has not been pressed firmly shut for storage so will open easily again.

2 minutes ago, Bixley said:

With difficulty! A fine but strong blade between the halves and work it round until wide enough to get a fingernail in. There was some slight capsule damage by the time I got it opened. But I hate looking at coins through plastic so just had to get it open. The capsule has not been pressed firmly shut for storage so will open easily again.

They look really nice. I didn't even realise they were bullion ones at first glance!

25 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

They look really nice. I didn't even realise they were bullion ones at first glance!

I'm much more impressed with them in hand than I was from the promotional pictures. I had better add that it was only the silver capsule I had to prise apart. The gold is a screw capsule.