• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

4 hours ago, Sparrowlegs4 said:

I did see the reply and thanks, that seems inline with what I would expect, hopefully I can pick one up for around that sooner or later 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

7 hours ago, GoldElliott said:

Narrowly missed out on an item on ebay and messaged the seller to see if he had another but he didn't, so instead he sent me this coin completely free as a consolation :) absolutely stunning and almost flawless 1924 Austria

Ebay gets a bad rap. I have dealt with a lot of great dealers, as well.

1 hour ago, JohnA said:

Ebay gets a bad rap. I have dealt with a lot of great dealers, as well.

21 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I have had some superb items from dealers/private sellers on ebay for buying my coins from, thats the main new thing I have taken up while on the lockdown.

Touch wood I have never had a bad experience on ebay and ive shipped high value items internationally and bought from overseas loads of times. I have 100% feedback and think that if you are sensible and selective with who you deal with you can generally have a pleasant experience and establish some good contacts.

That said I have heard some horror stories from coin dealers and it seems that ebay always takes the side of the buyer.

My personal opinion is highly positive although I am very cautious :)

4 hours ago, Rugbyplayer said:

Yet another seamless purchase direct from SilverTrader.

Oriental Border Britannia 2020

Was a must have purchase for me, I have 10 of each of the other two releases so I wasn't missing out on this one and I'm not disappointed. 

Another 10 beautiful ladies to add to the stack! 

IMG_20200505_214121.jpg

IMG_20200505_214202.jpg

IMG_20200505_214327.jpg

IMG_20200505_214353.jpg

IMG_20200505_214114.jpg

I too have a few of these, the 2018, 2019 and 2020 version.

How sad that the 2020 version is the last. It’s been very short lived, that’s for sure.

7 hours ago, Foster88 said:

How sad that the 2020 version is the last. It’s been very short lived, that’s for sure.

Couldn't agree more, it is a shame.

I think they are all stunning.

Always wondered how they would look in a 10oz version!! 😍

If anyone is on here from the Royal Mint ..... let's make that happen please! 😀😉

The more I think about this the more I want it to happen! 1 of each of the Oriental Border Britannias in a 10oz version ..... wow 

Can only but dream 

Edited by Rugbyplayer
Added more

8 minutes ago, Ranger2girls said:

Well got a new case today from Kay at master coin cases to go with the one I bought from Shaun here on the silver forum  well chuffed just need to fill them lol 

20200506_133057.jpg

Them boxes are fire. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

15 hours ago, Rugbyplayer said:

Yet another seamless purchase direct from SilverTrader.

Oriental Border Britannia 2020

Was a must have purchase for me, I have 10 of each of the other two releases so I wasn't missing out on this one and I'm not disappointed. 

Another 10 beautiful ladies to add to the stack! 

IMG_20200505_214121.jpg

IMG_20200505_214202.jpg

IMG_20200505_214327.jpg

IMG_20200505_214353.jpg

IMG_20200505_214114.jpg

You've just inspired me.

13 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Thats a shame but then hopefully they are not going to go the way of the 50p and have 10 versions every year.

On 05/05/2020 at 09:51, AgD said:

My first foray into grading and it was not for coins ! The two older ones belong to my brother but I'm happy with them thanks @Numistacker

20200505_133009.jpg

20200505_133104.jpg

20200505_133128.jpg

I do love the old bank notes, i prefer the war time notes, just twangs at the history buff in me, and the fake german notes because of private schultz...lol.

7 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Thats a shame but then hopefully they are not going to go the way of the 50p and have 10 versions every year.

That is true, too many versions a year definitely spoils the fun of collecting when it’s never ending.

I feel the silver britannia oriental series of just three years is very short. Maybe 5 or even 10 years would have been better.

This arrived today after what seemed an age in royal snails hands,

Its a Uruguay 20 Centismos coin made in 1942 out of .720 silver.
This coin was minted one year only in 1942 along with a 1 Peso silver coin, 18 million were minted at the Santiago mint, so not a rare coin nor expensive, but I hardly ever see them for sale here in the UK, and most look to have had a hard life.

Won three other coins in auctions which I am waiting for, lost six auctions (have a strict budget) and currently bidding on five more.

Quite a small coin, the size of a UK Sixpence, as always the pics dont show the lustre on the coin that you see in the hand.

DSCN2823.thumb.JPG.d3820da4e88d55fbf5a3416167eaaad3.JPG

DSCN2821.thumb.JPG.d49356be808444c9fd2dd3094f32396a.JPG

41 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

I do love the old bank notes, i prefer the war time notes, just twangs at the history buff in me, and the fake german notes because of private schultz...lol.

My brother is the one for the war time notes he has a nice array of them which I think he will end up getting graded as well