• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Fifty Pence Pride Coins Royal Mint Page - New Release Coming Soon

2022 Fifty Pence Pride Coins Royal Mint Page - New Release Coming Soon

I posted about this a few weeks ago, and had to ask Admins to remove it, as I had mistaken the embargo date, but now I can repost this to go on with:

Celebrate with Pride - 

Introducing the Pride UK 50p Coin

1348808370_2022FiftyPencePrideCoinsRoyalMintPage.thumb.jpg.1ea90b4bba3cf13fe43226c4140b858b.jpg

According to the Royal Mint:

Built on the core values of visibility, unity and equality, Pride UK is one of the most enduring cultural movements in the United Kingdom. Over the years, the event has evolved from a political protest into a vibrant celebration of the LGBTQ+ community, making Pride UK a true highlight of the UK’s annual events calendar.

Now in its 50th year, Pride UK is more popular than ever, uniting LGBTQ+ communities nationwide in a colourful celebration of positivity, solidarity and inclusivity. In honour of this historic milestone, we celebrate the legacy of Pride UK with a new commemorative UK 50p design created by the artist, writer and LGBTQ+ activist Dominique Holmes.

Featuring Dominique’s evocative artwork, the coin encompasses the very essence of Pride’s history in the UK and marks the first time we have celebrated the UK’s LGBTQ+ community on a UK coin. Made with support from Pride in London, this release is not only a celebration of Pride UK but also a numismatic tribute to the indomitable spirit of the UK’s LGBTQ+ community.

The 50th Anniversary of Pride UK 50p Coin will be launching this summer. Don’t miss your chance to own this piece of numismatic history – join the celebration by registering your interest today and receive priority updates about this wonderful new release.

The page is a "Register Your Interest" page

I think the obvious silver proof coloured version shown looks great, although I think any monochrome versions will look quite ordinary.

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

The coin looks a bit average to me.

With the colourised coins I get the impression that the colours will eventually fade and they end up looking worse than a milk spotted silver coin.

In all honesty I find the rainbow symbol can be a bit confusing because I associate it more with Greenpeace from back in the 80s than the nowadays pride movement, I guess it's a generational thing!

It'll be a contender to compete with supposed 'coin of the year ' I'm sure after the crystal maze ' diversity ' coin (allegedly) won.

Box ticked, box ticked 

Another nail in RM coffin and brand value and recognition

But but ' reasons '

Go woke, go broke it's as simple as that 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

It'll be a contender to compete with supposed 'coin of the year ' I'm sure after the crystal maze ' diversity ' coin (allegedly) won.

Box ticked, box ticked 

Another nail in RM coffin and brand value and recognition

But but ' reasons '

Go woke, go broke it's as simple as that 

As long as we support the current thing, that's all that matters. 

I think it is a nice coin..and hopefully there will be a range of different  versions....we all have our own opinions on pride but posting photos of Rainbow kids programme from years ago shows that there is still a lot of prestigious- Anti gay views and still people who can't except the world is a different place.....shame on you for your anti gay views..but not unexpected as there are still so many anti LGBT+Q people who are stuck in the past and can't move on. That's your problem and to disrespect a coin that represents the LGBT+Q society.....well live with it and keep your stupid posts to yourself...my views and opinions and I don't care if it upsets some gay haters on here...get a life and welcome to the modern world.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Available at a few percent above melt soon enough :( woke woke woke, stunning and brave, stunning and brave

Can my quote, be proved to wrong please in six twelve or eighteen months time. Feel free to requote me 

Chrirp chirp crickets I'll wager :(