• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Fifty Pence Pride Coins Royal Mint Page - New Release Coming Soon

I have a few colourised coins that i either won or bought for pennies with a view to either scrapping or selling on to those who like them - i detest them and consider them a gimmick. In 30-40 years time they'll probably look like the tattoos on a geriatric sailors arm. Which brings us to; are the RM relying on this process to sell sub-standard designs like the pride 50p ? Are they using colour instead of higher relief because it's easier on the dies ? Are the designers getting lazy knowing that they can get the printers to optimise a lacklustre coin ?

@TeaTime I agree what you are saying a very cheap design, (not saying anything about the individuals, political movement this coin represents or anyone belonging to a hashtag group). 

It’s very cheap, typical bish, bash bosh another one out the door coin from the Royal Mint. 

I’d like to see a pride from the Perth mint, their high relief coins allow for some stunning designs.  

3 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@TeaTime I agree what you are saying a very cheap design, (not saying anything about the individuals, political movement this coin represents or anyone belonging to a hashtag group). 

It’s very cheap, typical bish, bash bosh another one out the door coin from the Royal Mint. 

I’d like to see a pride from the Perth mint, their high relief coins allow for some stunning designs.  

Somthing stunning like the conchita wurst coin by Austrian Mint?

16766_40b191d3.jpg

5 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Agree, I can't get enough of Conchita.

edited wrong thread  lol

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

10 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

That was a bit of a tough read, all a bit blown out of proportion imo considering what other members have said in the past. 

I am looking at the coin and am wondering how they mass produce the colour on them. Anyone know? 

Same way they make tartan paint?

😎

Chards

59 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Possibly related (?) the David Walliams Gibraltar 50p coins are now available in very limited numbers, the first one being The Boy in the Dress:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/19gAAOSwvPxieFHt/s-l400.png

So why does it show him in trousers?

😎

Chards

I think this thread has run its course now. @ChrisSilver @trp

But what I think is most ‘sad’ of all is the need for this coin at all.

I understand that some might not like this coin, fine, I’m not the biggest fan of it but I’m not repulsed by it.

We have coins remembering the suffragettes, who were once described in early ‘1900’s’’ as ‘hysterical women’, so sad in my own personal option.

Anyway, this is a 50p, if you don’t like it then don’t buy it.

But remember that being gay, attaracted to the same sex is entirely normal if a person feels that way.

Its not a choice and never will be. Why would anyone ever want to make their life purposely more difficult? They wouldn’t.

Please, my fellow members of the forum, think before you speak or ‘write’.

I think it’s actually quite good that RM have released this coin because it has brought up, on the forum at least, something that doesn’t even need to be a ‘thing’ and how far we have to go as a society.

Live and let live.

Edited by Foster88

So when this coming out?  I can not find any information anywhere,  I don't want to get the typical Royal Mint email that tells you it's out 3 hours after they have all sold out.  

BTW did anyone else get that sickly Royal Mint grovelling apology email yesterday about coins taking so long to be delivered?   Reading between the lines it looks like a precursor to more delays.   

@Foster88 Why should you be the authority on how long a thread should run? These threads are a good source of information for coin collectors. I bought enough 50'ps to call myself a genuine 50p collector I am happy to buy the coin and support you and your cause, I do not think this thread has run it's course.  

24 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

So when this coming out?  I can not find any information anywhere,  I don't want to get the typical Royal Mint email that tells you it's out 3 hours after they have all sold out.  

BTW did anyone else get that sickly Royal Mint grovelling apology email yesterday about coins taking so long to be delivered?   Reading between the lines it looks like a precursor to more delays.   

@Foster88 Why should you be the authority on how long a thread should run? These threads are a good source of information for coin collectors. I bought enough 50'ps to call myself a genuine 50p collector I am happy to buy the coin and support you and your cause, I do not think this thread has run it's course.  

I don’t know when this will be released but I presume some time in early June.

If you scroll back through the posts you’ll see that I’m not the only one who’s requested that the thread be closed.

7 hours ago, Foster88 said:

We have coins remembering the suffragettes, who were once described in early ‘1900’s’’ as ‘hysterical women’, so sad in my own personal option.

Indeed, why would they be described as such, I mean, it's not like they went around vandalising private property and then joined the British Union of Fascists.

https://www.parliament.uk/about/living-heritage/transformingsociety/electionsvoting/womenvote/overview/startsuffragette-/

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/04/why-the-british-union-fascist-movement-appealed-to-so-many-women.html

@GoldDiggerDaveYep - i got the 'apology' email. The 'ongoing challenges with global supply' doesn't really cut it when they are sending out newly advertised coins whilst some people are waiting months for coins which use the same bloody blanks.

It's nice of them to acknowledge there's an issue but a bit of truth would go a lot further. Something containing the words arse and elbow would be more palatable.

Anyone can find a fault with any of the 50p releases. Battles, war, ellightest events, political movement and my personal favourite beatrix potter. The hidden messages in that series of books is horrific. How is it ok to teach your kids it's ok to steal Mr McGregor's radishes at a risk of being killed and turned into a pie. 

One could argue that these 50p's are a form of art and art is supposed to open discussion and debate, this should be a positive step to change the attitudes as a whole but as we have seen with the suffragette movement even today they are still having the same fight in the workplace with pay and rights. 

12 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

@GoldDiggerDaveYep - i got the 'apology' email. The 'ongoing challenges with global supply' doesn't really cut it when they are sending out newly advertised coins whilst some people are waiting months for coins which use the same bloody blanks.

It's nice of them to acknowledge there's an issue but a bit of truth would go a lot further. Something containing the words arse and elbow would be more palatable.

The first issue we got told was the lack of boxes to put the coins in, now they don’t have the blanks for some proof coin sizes, this is effecting other mints.

They either don’t have the blanks or the materials to produce them.

I have no doubt there are logistic issues with obtaining silver or blanks. It still doesn't explain why i am now in month 3 of waiting for my Britannia purchase whilst the RM are sending out coins (utilising the same blanks) that went on sale after i made my order.... 

I just appears to be very random and amateurish. ☹️

44 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

I have no doubt there are logistic issues with obtaining silver or blanks. It still doesn't explain why i am now in month 3 of waiting for my Britannia purchase whilst the RM are sending out coins (utilising the same blanks) that went on sale after i made my order.... 

I just appears to be very random and amateurish. ☹️

It has to be incompetence to some extent. I bought my Sovs this year weeks after release and received them in days and before some people who'd ordered on release day.

@TeaTime I just cancelled my Britannia set just got fed up waiting, it gets to a point by the time the coin turns up its obsolete, I will be in month 8 by the time the gothic I ordered in December 2021 turns up, and that date keeps getting pushed back.  I might be on for a record where I will be getting a 2021 coin minted sometime in 2023.  

Totally agree they should fulfil their back orders before knocking out more new coins. 

I can imagine the RM have contracts they need to fulfill to businesses and may have a penalty clause so when they get blanks in they prioritize a percentage to that, then a percentage to back orders and a percentage to stock. If it's anything like our company the problem is we don't know how many we are going to get and when. 

Not defending the royal mint but if a company orders 10 monster boxes a month then I would think they would be first in line.

4 hours ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

Indeed, why would they be described as such, I mean, it's not like they went around vandalising private property and then joined the British Union of Fascists.

https://www.parliament.uk/about/living-heritage/transformingsociety/electionsvoting/womenvote/overview/startsuffragette-/

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/04/why-the-british-union-fascist-movement-appealed-to-so-many-women.html

Don't forget they made and used improvised explosives. But so long as that bomb came with a positive message right!?

• 3 weeks later...