• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Fifty Pence Pride Coins Royal Mint Page - New Release Coming Soon

13 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

2022 Fifty Pence Pride Coins Royal Mint Page - New Release Coming Soon

I posted about this a few weeks ago, and had to ask Admins to remove it, as I had mistaken the embargo date, but now I can repost this to go on with:

Celebrate with Pride - 

Introducing the Pride UK 50p Coin

1348808370_2022FiftyPencePrideCoinsRoyalMintPage.thumb.jpg.1ea90b4bba3cf13fe43226c4140b858b.jpg

😎

Great.... Finally a coin that shows pride for the NHS. Thank you to all the doctors, nurses, surgeons, porters, cleaners and and everyone else involved in the care of others in their time of need. We are all proud of you and we thank you for all that you do. 🏳️‍🌈⚕️🏳️‍🌈

Screenshot_2022-05-19-00-47-52-01_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by Mtaybar

3 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Great.... Finally a coin that shows pride for the NHS. Thank you to all the doctors, nurses, surgeons, porters, cleaners and and everyone else involved in the care of others in their time of need. We are all proud of you and we thank you for all that you do. 🏳️‍🌈⚕️🏳️‍🌈

To be clear...that's sarcasm? Treading carefully here and don't want to start a holy war.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

The comments here are an absolute disgrace.

It’s a new release 50p to represent people who have gone through hell to be who they are. I repeat, people who have gone through hell to be who they are.

Come on guys, you’re better than a comment as a joke for a few ‘likes’ or reactions.

I love this forum until I see these comments.

Imagine not being able to walk down the street holding hands with the person you love.

Imagine not being able to kiss your partner in public through fear of relatiation.

Imagine pretending to be someone you’re not.

Studies have shown: The most homophobic men are themselves bi or gay.

At the end of the day it’s a 50p. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

So many comments above could have never been if only the writer thought twice.

Edited by Foster88

5 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

As long as we support the current thing, that's all that matters. 

The current ‘thing’? THING?

It’s not a thing, it’s not a choice.

I’m glad I’m not your child with attitudes like that.

You’ve been on the forum 5 minutes and that’s your attitude?

^ That’s a rhetorical question, no reply is needed nor expected beyond your level of projected intelligence.

8 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

Non binary 50p

I honestly despair at attitudes that  you spout.

This is not the place to spout your internal homophobia. @ChrisSilver this is what I’m talking about.

Edited by Foster88

4 hours ago, Foster88 said:

The current ‘thing’? THING?

It’s not a thing, it’s not a choice.

I’m glad I’m not your child with attitudes like that.

You’ve been on the forum 5 minutes and that’s your attitude?

^ That’s a rhetorical question, no reply is needed nor expected beyond your level of projected intelligence.

I honestly despair at attitudes that  you spout.

This is not the place to spout your internal homophobia. @ChrisSilver this is what I’m talking about.

Despite you mocking my intelligence, which you have no knowledge of, my non binary 50p was a direct reply to another comment stating it was a 50p which identifies as a £5 coin.

I also stated I don’t have anything against anyone being who they are. 

Humour is humour and can be directed to anyone, it has been that way for a long time.

are the only jokes about people now allowed towards straight white men ?

For what it is worth and to inform you, I have friends who are gay and we take the mick out of each other all the time. I worked in a gay pub for 2 years so probably have a far greater idea of what the community has gone through.

I am about the most tolerant person you will find, if my comments have been taken the wrong way or as anything but a light joke then that is YOUR problem.

the coin is sh@t and a blatant attempt at the royal mint to appear politically correct to appease all the squealers like you

36 minutes ago, shaunscoins said:

Jokes about “identifying” as this or that may seem flippant to yourselves, but to the people who live those lives it’s anything but. I won’t entertain all comments but I will say I’m not the only LGBT+ coin collector who dreaded opening social media today. And shockingly enough, a fair amount of LGBT+ persons are coin collectors. 

I value this forum as a place of numismatic discussion, not a way of societally punching down. Again - I’m disappointed. 

🏳️‍🌈✊🏻🏳️‍⚧️

It would be lovely to live in a society of inherent empathy for all but we don't and I doubt we ever will. Expecting the world, online or off, to support you or anyone else  in the way you want it to never works. Inner strength and self reliance does, along with a rhino quality skin, mastering the art of the over head whoosh, and training your fingers to not respond to silly comments online. Not worth the aggro. 

Most people posting here are natural cynics so it's perfectly understandable that they would mock this coin - to most it's not the theme of the coin itself but the perception of the RM's reasoning for releasing it. Following soon after the 'diversity' 50p and 'ethnic'  Britannia it could appear to be a tick-boxing exercise.

Personally i think it's another typical lazy example  - if you have to write all over the coin what it is meant to represent then you have failed in the design.

As for equating posting a clip of a once popular childrens show with homophobia - that's a bit of a stretch.

P.S. I have one openly gay friend, and one cross-dressing acquaintance (who looks disconcertingly attractive in full make-up). I know of at least a dozen other openly gay people who i don't particularly like. Not because they're gay but because i don't like them as human beings.

20 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

P.S. I have one openly gay friend, and one cross-dressing acquaintance (who looks disconcertingly attractive in full make-up). I know of at least a dozen other openly gay people who i don't particularly like. Not because they're gay but because i don't like them as human beings.

Haha! I had one mate years back who'd go in a club's bog looking like Rambo and come out looking like Megan Fox. :D 

I think tolerance is a thing that everyone needs to be able to live in a diverse society. Nearly all the most tolerant people I know have a great sense of humour.... whether it's dry, dark or just plain silly. Humour is poked at just about anything or anyone. If you take that humour personally when it's not aimed at you directly and use it as way to point fingers and accuse people of something they're not then I would say that makes you intolerant. If you want to ban anything that doesn't suit your sense of humour (assuming you have one) then I would say that makes you intolerant. If you want to live in a tolerant and divers world where everyone can have their culture, beliefs and fun..... Then start with making yourself a more tolerant and open person. Diversity is the essence of this conversation right? 

7 hours ago, James32 said:

To be clear...that's sarcasm? Treading carefully here and don't want to start a holy war.

I ripped my ankle ligaments a while back. The A&E doctor couldn't speak english and needed an asian nurse to use as a translator. He diagnosed a sprain. I had to go back to A&E the next morning to get a proper diagnosis, and the right treatment including meds, crutches and physio therapy. Then again a month ago my Mrs had a cancer scare and was treated within two weeks flat. It all turned out ok, false alarm, something less serious, but wow were the NHS quick to react.  I'm ambivalent. Some NHS departments, awesome. Some, you end up worse than when you went in.

12 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

I ripped my ankle ligaments a while back. The A&E doctor couldn't speak english and needed an asian nurse to use as a translator. He diagnosed a sprain. I had to go back to A&E the next morning to get a proper diagnosis, and the right treatment including meds, crutches and physio therapy. Then again a month ago my Mrs had a cancer scare and was treated within two weeks flat. It all turned out ok, false alarm, something less serious, but wow were the NHS quick to react.  I'm ambivalent. Some NHS departments, awesome. Some, you end up worse than when you went in.

I'm glad it all turned out well for your Mrs. The NHS may not be perfect but we'd be far worse off without it. It's helped so many people in their time of need. My brother was diagnosed with advanced bowel cancer about 6years ago. Within weeks he had surgery and was in a bad way for a long while after. He's free of it now thankfully but has on going issues related to the illness. Needless to say, they were there and did exactly as they needed to. 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I'm glad it all turned out well for your Mrs. The NHS may not be perfect but we'd be far worse off without it. It's helped so many people in their time of need. My brother was diagnosed with advanced bowel cancer about 6years ago. Within weeks he had surgery and was in a bad way for a long while after. He's free of it now thankfully but has on going issues related to the illness. Needless to say, they were there and did exactly as they needed to. 

That's nice to hear. I agree, there's real help available when needed, although I understand getting that help can be a minefield of limited resources in some areas. I've gone a bit off-topic. I keep thinking about Megan Fox for some reason. Worse things to think of :D 

Gilbert Baker made the pride flag in the late 70's. I spent some time living with some gay veterans that were friends with Gilbert, and they would love to see his design on a British coin. A shame to not have seen a mention to him and the history behind the flag. 

The point i feel is contentious is, are the RM captilising on virtue signalling, or genuinely "tributing to the indomitable spirit of the UK’s LGBTQ+ community."?

John Entwistle on Twitter: "Here at the Castro Castle we are supporting  @Scott_Wiener for State Senate tomorrow because he has been very supportive  of us. He fought for 2 years to get

Lived in this house for a bit whilst in SF, kinda had to get used to the rainbows and cross dressing/Elvis/dudes 🤣

78av.gif

9 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Gilbert Baker made the pride flag in the late 70's. I spent some time living with some gay veterans that were friends with Gilbert, and they would love to see his design on a British coin. A shame to not have seen a mention to him and the history behind the flag. 

The point i feel is contentious is, are the RM captilising on virtue signalling, or genuinely "tributing to the indomitable spirit of the UK’s LGBTQ+ community."?

John Entwistle on Twitter: "Here at the Castro Castle we are supporting  @Scott_Wiener for State Senate tomorrow because he has been very supportive  of us. He fought for 2 years to get

Lived in this house for a bit whilst in SF, kinda had to get used to the rainbows and cross dressing/Elvis/dudes 🤣

Just from the outside you can tell there would be a right craic going on inside there 🤣🤣