• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington & Byrne 2022 bullion sovereign offer

MickB

Success.  Don't know how I missed it first time round - probably in too much of a rush!    All boxes now successfully ticked to not receive any further marketing communications in any format and that's a relief. I hate all that unwanted stuff coming through my letterbox and going straight in the bin to pollute the planet.

I have ordered bullion sovereign from this company since 2019. Yes there marketing is annoying, but as mentioned above just make sure you remove yourself from there mailing lists, I only receive emails now. 
These offers seem to come up 3 or 4 times a year and I have managed to pick up a fair few sovs at near spot. 
You will get your coin in January.

hope this puts your mind at rest. 

41 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Success.  Don't know how I missed it first time round - probably in too much of a rush!    All boxes now successfully ticked to not receive any further marketing communications in any format and that's a relief. I hate all that unwanted stuff coming through my letterbox and going straight in the bin to pollute the planet.

There wasn't a box to tick for not receiving H&B's own mail drops, just 3rd parties. They provide you with an address to write to to halt that, although calling them and telling them such will have the same effect.

5 hours ago, Liam84 said:

There wasn't a box to tick for not receiving H&B's own mail drops, just 3rd parties. They provide you with an address to write to to halt that, although calling them and telling them such will have the same effect.

Cheers for that snippet. I'll call them to make sure I'm removed from all mailing, but only after I receive the sovereign...    Received a letter of introduction from them this morning, I expect there will be more..

1 hour ago, flyingveepixie said:

Cheers for that snippet. I'll call them to make sure I'm removed from all mailing, but only after I receive the sovereign...    Received a letter of introduction from them this morning, I expect there will be more..

I emailed them as well as sending a letter. I actually asked them about how they treat data with regards third parties but still no response as of yet. The issue I have with the promo post (as many others do) isn't so much with the bombardment itself but with the fact that their branding is emblazoned on the envelopes. Even though I store my stuff elsewhere I still don't want to advertise the fact that I buy the odd bit of shiny...

53 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

I emailed them as well as sending a letter. I actually asked them about how they treat data with regards third parties but still no response as of yet. The issue I have with the promo post (as many others do) isn't so much with the bombardment itself but with the fact that their branding is emblazoned on the envelopes. Even though I store my stuff elsewhere I still don't want to advertise the fact that I buy the odd bit of shiny...

Yes that's a good point.

45 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I’ve ordered the bullion sovereign from them twice before and I haven’t ever received as much as a postcard let alone a phone call.

I’m thankful I haven’t but I wonder why I’ve haven’t received any marketing c**p. 🤔

Maybe you just got lucky. I already got a fancy marketing envelope through the door with their logo emblazoned in gold leaf all over it : a mere 2 days after placing my order with them - not good.  Still if I can get them to behave themselves and not spam me endlessly with junk mail which is likely to make me a magnet for any lowlife who happen to be well informed as to who they are and the implications of my receiving mail from them I'll quite possibly take up any future loss leader type offers they make for bullion..

On 22/12/2021 at 17:14, paulmerton said:

Blimey, it looks a lot more than 14oz when it's laid out like that!

Sure does. Scale always does for me though, I looked and thought that's way more than 14 ounces... zooming in it's mostly lovely lickle sovs. Guess my brain assumed Brits?! 

41 minutes ago, MonkeysUncle said:

I take it the artist who produced that image was visually impaired? Either that or c**p... 

Oddly enough the artist is apparently Jody Clark, who is better known for the infinitely better fifth image of Elizabeth II on sovereigns, Britannias etc. He should have been  advised to decline this particular commission, which was almost guaranteed to end badly.

Just to update on my own situation here with H&B.  After receiving the initial welcome letter and going back to their site to tick the relevant no contact boxes I've had no more mail from them as yet. I received one phone call from them a couple of days ago from a very pleasant chap who I had a very short chat with when he invited me to purchase the 2022 proof sovereign which I declined. He asked me the standard question of whether I knew the difference between bullion and proof coins but aside from that no attempt at any kind of hard sell and the phone call wasn't difficult. 

He informed me that the bullion sovereign should arrive around mid January.

• Founder & Administrator
On 08/12/2021 at 16:13, harrygill111 said:

It does seem a bit harsh not to be able to refer a friend, but if those are the rule's then those are the rule. @ChrisSilver  please shout if i've screwed up; I shared a couple of refer a friend links via PM. Will happily do a charity auction with any free coins I get as a result of referrals in the spirit of putting it right. 

This topic here that I put up should hopefully explain the reasons behind the rule: 

Hope that helps clarify :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

On 17/12/2021 at 19:48, Foster88 said:

I’ve ordered the bullion sovereign from them twice before and I haven’t ever received as much as a postcard let alone a phone call.

I’m thankful I haven’t but I wonder why I’ve haven’t received any marketing c**p. 🤔

Oh no. I spoke too soon!!

I did tick no to their marketing letters and phone calls. 🙄

209A61D5-0166-471C-B8AB-0C6F8A3B7A6F.jpeg