• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington & Byrne 2022 bullion sovereign offer

MickB

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Presumably Westminster.

There seem to be numerous off-shoots, probably ex-Westminster employees, seeing how much Westminster make, and deciding they can join in.

Not Westminster but probably part of the same group (?) . . . 

The advertising letters from Westminster over 6 months weigh  couple of pounds 🙄

IMG_4880.JPG

4 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

Not Westminster but probably part of the same group (?) . . . 

The advertising letters from Westminster over 6 months weigh  couple of pounds 🙄

IMG_4880.JPG

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Presumably Westminster.

There seem to be numerous off-shoots, probably ex-Westminster employees, seeing how much Westminster make, and deciding they can join in.

Perhaps I should have said "spawns" rather than offshoots.

Chards

Someone remind me what the issue was with H&B last year or the year before?

The owner ended up with all his details on here including a picture of him sat in the back of an ambulance lol. Think there was then some new ghost accounts defending him. Was it that the orders took ages to come or something?

From memory all orders were completed in the end.

Missed the call again today but got an email summarising and with some attachments...

Here's a summary of the summary

Plat jubilee year.. Special coins... Proofs... Almost everyone in the office buying them... Expect them to be a good investment... Sold out at mint... Etc 

17 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Missed the call again today but got an email summarising and with some attachments...

Here's a summary of the summary

Plat jubilee year.. Special coins... Proofs... Almost everyone in the office buying them... Expect them to be a good investment... Sold out at mint... Etc 

My call seemed to cover many of the same points. It basically went like this:

• They confirmed my order and made sure I was aware that it would be delivered in January.

And then...

• They let me know that the version I've gone for is the bullion sovereign.
  • But they have the collectible versions available if I'm interested!
  • They're offering this to all their clients.
  • They're literally one of very few companies that still have some available.
  • They're extremely rare now!
  • They're getting harder and harder to get hold of.
  • They sold out at the Royal Mint in under 8 hours.
  • The sets sold out in under 10 minutes.
  • Fastest selling Sovereign in history.
  • They have the 5 coin set which is obviously the most collectible and most prestigious.
  • They also have the 4 coin set and the single coin version.
  • All these are proof, the one you've got is bullion.

Then the killer question:

• Are you aware of what proof means?

At that point I thought it would be mean to let them carry on so I offered to save them some time by pointing out that I had already bought the 5 coin set directly from RM. We then chatted for a few minutes about sovereigns and then went on our merry ways.

The other coin company in Poole is CPM (Coin Portfolio Management) which is a subsidiary of Westminster Collection. H&B and CPM both have addresses in Bournemouth and Poole. What a coincidence! Both have similar logos and stationery. Also there is no Mr Harrington to be found in H&Bs name. It seems to be owned by the Irish Byrne family. I wonder if ‘Harrington’ was added to the name in 2014 to make it sound more British and posh? Certainly the Mayfair address is not posh!

I remember buying a silver Krugerrand from CPM (50th Anniversary.) in 2017 but only because it was cheaper than ATS, even after Lawrence had said there was no such thing as a ‘Silver’ Krugerrand! 😀

I'm more than a little tired of this lot ringing and being too ignorant to leave a message on my answer phone. This speaks volumes; it's a marketing call not a need to converse about an order.

I've decided to give H&B a little Christmas present... 

20 hours ago, RDHC said:

No, not worthwhile to spend any money or much time, I agree, but, a further point, did they state clearly in the offer that they would not ship to Australia? If not, it would not  be part of the contract, unless they also referred you to their 'terms and conditions', and made them accessible to you, that might include such a restriction. My guess is that they did not allow for overseas applications and there might be no such restriction.

All of the above @RDHC and thanks for the reply. I politely pointed this out to them re web site content, T&C's, process to est an account and even payment processing which allowed for international addresses. I suspect you are right re H&B not even contemplating overseas buyers chiming in on this....but give a stacker a whiff of a good deal and they are all over it like flies.

As has been noted here by others in this tread, this is most likely their loss leading play to get more people on their data base to bombard them with marketing materials and phone calls to push higher premium  products etc. If they don't want my coin, their loss and as I noted earlier, some of the other bullion dealers on this forum will get more business from me....in fact one did last night.

Edited by Oddjob
Duplication of post.

I’ve just received two letters from them even though when I created an account I selected not to be sent any marketing information. One letter was about purchasing more coins and the other was to say they tried to call me but couldn’t get through and that my order wouldn’t be processed until I call them 😂

I’ve checked and they have taken my payment but there isn’t any order information on my account so I’m not to sure if I will get the coin or not. 

On 13/12/2021 at 13:22, AuricGoldfinger said:

Someone remind me what the issue was with H&B last year or the year before?

The owner ended up with all his details on here including a picture of him sat in the back of an ambulance lol. Think there was then some new ghost accounts defending him. Was it that the orders took ages to come or something?

From memory all orders were completed in the end.

I believe that was this outfit rather than H&B.

17 minutes ago, Hunter87 said:

I’ve just received two letters from them even though when I created an account I selected not to be sent any marketing information. One letter was about purchasing more coins and the other was to say they tried to call me but couldn’t get through and that my order wouldn’t be processed until I call them 😂

I’ve checked and they have taken my payment but there isn’t any order information on my account so I’m not to sure if I will get the coin or not. 

Kinda of glad this mob cancelled my purchase and refunded me.....I understand their want to bombard buyers with other marketing materials etc, but to now advise they won't process your purchase (which you have paid for) is beyond the pale and I suspect in breach of UK contract / fair trading laws.

33 minutes ago, Hunter87 said:

Rejoice! 😃 Think about all the useful Postcards you will receive- and each of those letters further denting their bottom line.

250D4602-17D2-4B39-9AF0-90A3E3C219FD.thumb.jpeg.3f234f7800144f67055c90185ee68ab5.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Previous tax year they made £3.044 Million, and the five directors split £1.81 Million between them. Which bottom line is that?

😱 

Fair enough.

Tight buggers need to sweeten further their ‘loss leading’ Bu Sovereign deal. 

Hi everyone,  first post from a newbie here. 

I saw the ad for what looked like a very good offer for a bullion 2022 sovereign from Harrington and Byrne and responded in kind.  I now wonder from reading all of the posts on here regarding that company if I might have made a mistake.   I have two questions..

1. can I be certain I will receive my coin or am I likely to be contacted with a message that the offer has been oversubscribed and they now only have proof coins available at double the cost?

2.  Will I be endlessly spammed by letters and emails from them after the purchase is complete?

From what everyone says on here the company seems a bit dodgy at the very least...

10 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

I saw the ad for what looked like a very good offer for a bullion 2022 sovereign from Harrington and Byrne and responded in kind.  I now wonder from reading all of the posts on here regarding that company if I might have made a mistake.   I have two questions..

1. can I be certain I will receive my coin or am I likely to be contacted with a message that the offer has been oversubscribed and they now only have proof coins available at double the cost?

2.  Will I be endlessly spammed by letters and emails from them after the purchase is complete?

From what everyone says on here the company seems a bit dodgy at the very least...

I personally think it will be fine. I spoke to their customer services and confirmed my order went through and there wasn’t any issues.

I basically told them that I already had the proof sovereigns and was only interested in this purchase for the bullion as the price was good. 

Also that I only want to receive marketing preferences via email (at least I can delete those) and nothing by post / telephone, which she updated on my account. 

The woman I spoke to stated they return on the 4th of January and that they would be dispatched in the 1st/2nd week of January.

Edited by Deathace

11 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Welcome to the forum. I agree with Deathace I do think we'll get the sov we've ordered I am not in doubt of the company being 'real' personally but would log it to your account and go to the details page and make sure you've selected the relevant tick boxes to NOT receive certain marketing. Also could phone them to clarify this?