• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington & Byrne 2022 bullion sovereign offer

MickB

11 minutes ago, chrisdobb said:

Has anyone had any updates on the Bleyer Bullion Sov yet??

Have it from a good source that the end of Jan date is now looking like the middle of Feb.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Have it from a good source that the end of Jan date is now looking like the middle of Feb.

Fine by me, keeps my 1 per month going while I'm still recovering 😅

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

On 20/01/2022 at 21:12, Stuntman said:

Mine arrived yesterday from H&B as well, and it's perfectly fine coin with virtually no marks or nicks.  Very happy with it, good job H&B.

Yesterday was an excellent PM delivery day for me, because I also received a 10 oz silver QB completer coin and a 1 oz platinum QB completer coin from the Royal Mint.  So a piece of gold, a piece of silver, and a piece of platinum all on the same day!

Beans on toast now until about April 😉

Time for a picture (the coins, not the beans on toast...) 😉

_20220119_182659.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, received some post from them trying to sell me the Royal Mint Jubilee 2oz silver proof for £299.  I did not opt into this at any point, so that's disappointing.

I'm also not entirely convinced by their knowledge of coins. Their letter says:

"The new coin has been struck in 999/1000 Sterling Silver by the Royal Mint to an immaculate proof finish"

(Emphasis is theirs, not mine)

20 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Hmm, received some post from them trying to sell me the Royal Mint Jubilee 2oz silver proof for £299.  I did not opt into this at any point, so that's disappointing.

I'm also not entirely convinced by their knowledge of coins. Their letter says:

"The new coin has been struck in 999/1000 Sterling Silver by the Royal Mint to an immaculate proof finish"

(Emphasis is theirs, not mine)

Perhaps they are using sterling silver as an alloy? What's accounts for the 0.001 I wonder? I reckon 50% saliva and 50% desperation. 

• 4 weeks later...

Also got 2 promotions this week, plus a call this morning offering a special box for 3 Sovs - the one I already bought and the 2002, and 2012 bullion ( golden & diamond anniv. ) for £1400 or so.  After telling him I had all the specials, a sovereign of every monarch since 1817, and from every overseas mint, he apologised for wasting my time……

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, RDHC said:

£379 is more expensive than Chards currently even with free postage.

Yes, but I doubt Lawrence will break into your house, strip you naked, gag and tie you to your dining room table and proceed to inflict terrible injuries with a tickling stick until you agree to buy some overpriced proof bullshit.

And even if Mr Chard did adminster the tickling stick it wouldn't be twice a week for the next six months...

Edited by MonkeysUncle
Damn you autocorrect!

1 hour ago, MonkeysUncle said:

Yes, but I doubt Lawrence will break into your house, strip you naked, gag and tie you to your dining room table and proceed to inflict terrible injuries with a tickling stick until you agree to buy some overpriced proof bullshit.

And even if Mr Chard did adminster the tickling stick it wouldn't be twice a week for the next six months...

What a thought!

2 hours ago, MonkeysUncle said:

At least tag @LawrenceChard, he might be up for it if you ask nicely and pay well?!

78av.gif

2 hours ago, MonkeysUncle said:

47 minutes ago, RDHC said:

What a thought!

10 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

At least tag @LawrenceChard, he might be up for it if you ask nicely and pay well?!

Not even if you paid me!

Ken Dodd would have been a good candidate, he was famous for his tickling stick.

😎

Chards

On 10/03/2022 at 10:08, paulmerton said:

Still getting phone calls from these jokers even though I had (and still have!) explicitly opted out of it.

Block the number if the calls are coming through on your mobile. That's what I did and it worked.

On 10/03/2022 at 10:23, chrisdobb said:

I am still getting their fancy envelopes with offers, one day this week I got 2 on the same day, I have email them to stop but had no answer.

Better if you call them and tell them explicity to stop mailing you.

It's ridiculous that anyone should have to jump through all these hoops just to opt out of communications from a company, and this company are particularly annoying when it comes to that, but if you persevere your efforts will pay off.  I haven't heard from them at all in any shape or form for a couple of months now.

What they don't seem to get is that this behaviour will just drive customers away from them, at least that's the way I feel after being pestered by them for months on end..

On 10/03/2022 at 14:05, MonkeysUncle said:

Yeah. They're just plain irritating; if I knew where they really are (not the Mayfair address apparently) I'd organise a taste of their own medicine. A couple of hundred BT phone books through their letterbox might make 'em take notice...

I think they're in Bournemouth.  01202 landline code.

Edited by flyingveepixie

17 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Block the number if the calls are coming through on your mobile. That's what I did and it worked.

It's ridiculous that anyone should have to jump through all these hoops just to opt out of communications from a company, and this company are particularly annoying when it comes to that, but if you persevere your efforts will pay off.  I haven't heard from them at all in any shape or form for a couple of months now.

What they don't seem to get is that this behaviour will just drive customers away from them, at least that's the way I feel after being pestered by them for months on end..

That's correct! I've just 'blocked' 2 Bournemouth numbers on my mobile. Mayfair is a PO Box front just for show. I got a call whilst on a cruise ship to the Orkneys, which was the last straw! ..."it may take a couple of weeks for the mailshots to stop" etc to unsubscribe. Yes, £319 was a bargain/lossleader at the time, but from now on, me and H&B are finished! There seems to be 3 inter-dependent firms operating from the south coast - CPM, H&B and Westminster, mostly in the Bournemouth area. 

37 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Let's face it though, we only bought their loss leader because it seemed a bargain and we had no intention of buying anything overpriced from them.

Their behaviour will only turn away the kind of customers they don't want! Unsure if genius or just careless flouting of the rules 😄

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Let's face it though, we only bought their loss leader because it seemed a bargain and we had no intention of buying anything overpriced from them.

Their behaviour will only turn away the kind of customers they don't want! Unsure if genius or just careless flouting of the rules 😄

I have never been able to understand this way of thinking. Do they not see all their behaviour will do is to drive people away from them. lost leader? no suiside tactics in my opinion.

On 16/01/2022 at 15:55, LawrenceChard said:

No, this is a loss leader to sucker people in to buying more stuff from them, and / or trying to do a "bait and switch" on you.

One clue is the 1 per household limit.

Read the whole thread, or think about it.

😎

I bought one from them, and now I can't get rid of them. I've told them to stop phoning but they don't listen.

Cheap price, but they are a pain in the ass

On 30/06/2022 at 07:21, flyingveepixie said:

On 30/06/2022 at 07:55, Britannia47 said:

That's correct! I've just 'blocked' 2 Bournemouth numbers on my mobile. Mayfair is a PO Box front just for show. I got a call whilst on a cruise ship to the Orkneys, which was the last straw! ..."it may take a couple of weeks for the mailshots to stop" etc to unsubscribe. Yes, £319 was a bargain/lossleader at the time, but from now on, me and H&B are finished! There seems to be 3 inter-dependent firms operating from the south coast - CPM, H&B and Westminster, mostly in the Bournemouth area. 

On 30/06/2022 at 08:02, paulmerton said:

On 30/06/2022 at 09:07, chrisdobb said:

I have never been able to understand this way of thinking. Do they not see all their behaviour will do is to drive people away from them. lost leader? no suiside tactics in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, chasetyre said:

I bought one from them, and now I can't get rid of them. I've told them to stop phoning but they don't listen.

Cheap price, but they are a pain in the ass

I think it's best to e-mail them, so you have a copy of what you said, rather than phoning them, when you have little evidence, and ask them to stop:

e-mailing / phoning / mailing (whichever applies) you.

Give them a reasonable time span to comply, 7 days should be enough, state that if they fail to cease, you will take further action, which could include:

Reporting their e-mails as spam, and making a formal complaint to the relevant regulatory bodies.

I did use to know, but have forgotten. I am sure some other TSF members can advise better than I can.

I feel sure they know many customers dislike getting spam mail, e-mails, and telephone calls, but don't really care because they probably do not want sensible knowledgeable customers, they only want gullible or stupid people. Complaints about spam are probably akin to water off ducks' backs. Complaints to official bodies might command more attention.

We are aware of at least one person who bought from them b telephone a year or so ago, and recorded the call in which their salesperson got his name wrong, then proceeded to use "bait and switch" incorrectly or dishonestly telling him that the bullion sovereigns he was buying would only sell for scrap gold, whereas the proof versions would be a better investment (although they were asking about £200 each more than Chards prices); they also told him Krugerrands were rarer. I suspect the salesperson was either new or ignorant of the facts, trying to sell him a proof quarter ounce Krugerrand.

I have seen TSF posts which hint at similar behaviour, so assume it is a standard modus operandi.

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

And what did he say say?

Thanks for spotting that, should have been "name wrong".

When I was writing it I was thinking it could be ambiguous, and interpreted as the salesman got his (own) name wrong. If he did, it may have been deliberate!

😎

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Thanks for spotting that, should have been "name wrong".

When I was writing it I was thinking it could be ambiguous, and interpreted as the salesman got his (own) name wrong. If he did, it may have been deliberate!

😎

He said they did free postage! As many other good retailers do...... ;)

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454