• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

8 minutes ago, 0laf5on said:

I'm already in bed but i read all comments from past couple of pages and i still don't know. 3 set still available. It is truly historic release. To buy or not to buy, that's a question🤔...

I think the 4 (for the double) or 5 (for the double and quintuple) are the best bets, but it depends how much money you have. If I were very rich I would get both of those, plus the 3 to match my Jubilee set :)

Edited by kimchi

1 hour ago, James32 said:

That's pretty impressive numbers, here currently maybe £1400 to £1700 if all pf70s.

These prices are for raw sets still in the original packaging. Not even 70s.

1 hour ago, James32 said:

That's pretty impressive numbers, here currently maybe £1400 to £1700 if all pf70s.

These prices are for raw sets still in the original packaging. Not even 70s.

1 minute ago, JohnV66 said:

Some stock still available as of 06:30am GMT:

1 Sov =  4256

1/2 Sov  = 454

1/4 Sov = 1176

3 Coin Set = 96

4 Coin Set = 0

5 Coin Set = 67

Piedfort = 141

Thanks for the info, not selling too bad really. 

I'm torn about ordering a second set of 5 if possible as a spare set to hopefully make 1 good set after RM quality control. Ideally would have got a 4 so as not to bankrupt myself but I was worried they may arrive at separate times and I wouldn't be able to achieve my plan

Also re the mess of the is it - is it not sold out 

Given the problems the RM have  with basic operations a trickle down strategy seems a mind blowing departure in terms of business strategy

If intentional - totally inefficient and succeeded in cheesing people off   ( the staff must be so stressed)

more like 

The system couldn’t cope took orders that couldn’t be processed that were then cancelled so stock became available again 

the coins are great but what a s*** show 

successful release 🤬

41 minutes ago, JohnV66 said:

1 Sov =  4256

About the same figure from yesterday morning 🤔

32 minutes ago, Deus said:

Any tips to get these pending charges removed off my card?

If its a credit card presumably it will never execute and eventually disappear.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

3 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Here's my 10 pennies worth, already I've seen guys a little shaky because the coins they have bought have not sold out.......do not be premature,   look at every single first monarch coin set.  1831, 1839, 1902, 1911, 1937, 1953...........Us moral plebs have been given a chance to buy the first KCIII gold proof sovereigns and we are concerned about them not selling out instantly, guys this is an opportunity of a lifetime.   How wealthy would you have to have been to buy a 1937 gold proof sovereign set on launch day?    You would have had to be comfortably middle class and well off, what about 1911? Or back in 1839 with a gold Una and the lion in the set you would have to have been in the elite classes. 

Some people now have a totally instant lifestyle and when things don't move at light speed they don't appear to have the attention span or the ability to step back and look at the bigger picture.  Make your own decisions, but how many times have you said in your life I wish I'd bought X when they came out or I wish you had bought more of them?     

Yes, the first Charles III sovereigns with a really strong design. 

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

1 hour ago, JohnV66 said:

Some stock still available as of 06:30am GMT:

1 Sov =  4256

1/2 Sov  = 454

1/4 Sov = 1176

3 Coin Set = 96

4 Coin Set = 0

5 Coin Set = 67

Piedfort = 141

Not moved much since yesterday evening. I guess those who are in the market have already had their fill and sales are now flattening.

Ah this is where everyone is. Haven’t bothered with any RM products for a year or so but this one drew me out. Wandered onto Chards two and a half hours after issue on the RM site, bought a 5 coin set, happy days. Chard’s give me peace of mind regarding a double layer of quality and it was £40 cheaper than the RM ! 

Historic coin, pop in the bank and forget about it. And it’ll be fun to see reactions after the fun of the xmas and new year holidays has faded away into the depths of winter.

Edited by Oldun

I’m cancelling my 5 coins sets today, so add a couple more to the stock left at RM (and other dealers and eBay).

I’ll pick them up in PF69 in the secondary market for less I’m pretty sure (this Memorial sovereign release). Role on March 2023!!

I was speaking to an American collector in the USA yesterday and he wasn’t interested in this release at all. Seems like they have a big dislike for Charles and he has the same outlook of picking it up in the secondary market.

A lot of this stock is going to go straight to NGC and then buyers will need to be found.  If it was in demand by collectors why wouldn’t they all be gone now?

My Acc Manager offered me anything I wanted the day before release and she has never done so in the past, in fact. Getting anything has almost been impossible. Sounds like she’s struggled to sell to her contact list also 🤔 

Add to this, paying for it now and hoping I get it in January 😂 has put the final nail in the coffin for me. I was waiting 6 months+ for a 2kg Three Graces which I had paid for and was promised I’d receive every month (due to packaging issues). I even offered to collect the coin from Wales raw!!

Nah I’ll just buy later thanks. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

28 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Here's my 10 pennies worth, already I've seen guys a little shaky because the coins they have bought have not sold out.......do not be premature,   look at every single first monarch coin set.  1831, 1839, 1902, 1911, 1937, 1953...........Us moral plebs have been given a chance to buy the first KCIII gold proof sovereigns and we are concerned about them not selling out instantly, guys this is an opportunity of a lifetime.   How wealthy would you have to have been to buy a 1937 gold proof sovereign set on launch day?    You would have had to be comfortably middle class and well off, what about 1911? Or back in 1839 with a gold Una and the lion in the set you would have to have been in the elite classes. 

Some people now have a totally instant lifestyle and when things don't move at light speed they don't appear to have the attention span or the ability to step back and look at the bigger picture.  Make your own decisions, but how many times have you said in your life I wish I'd bought X when they came out or I wish you had bought more of them?     

We'll show whos boss Dave in two hundred years times, when we're 250+ years young ! 

Hope we are arguing over a chess board in the retirement home thanking Elon musk for curing death and toastimg immortality over a 50 year malt & lighting our Havana cigars with Scottish £100 notes 

Edited by Paul

25 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I think it's a combination of factors putting people off:

1. Mintage. Almost doubled for some sets, for example 5 coin set 700 for 2022 Platinum Jubilee (much rarer event also), vs 1200 for Charles III's first sovereign. That's a huge increase...

2. Popularity of the Queen. 

3. Majority of people not being interested in what Charles III reign symbolises for the UK. It's a very different era, one where the UK has lost much of it's power, economic might, credibility and worldwide influence. India recently overtook the UK to become the 5th largest economy (by GDP). Paris just took the #1 stock market position from London. We're a complete laughing stock to the world after Liz Truss's pathetic few weeks as PM. 

Which kind of brings into question the "best seller" stamp on these three items into question....

All three of these are the LEAST Sellers of the release (by % terms of course)

By just units sold, yeah fair enough. 

Creating Hype/FOMO? 

Best Seller.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion