• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

8 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Here is a 24 hour update on what is "available" currently and therefore a calculation on what has been sold. 

Sovereign Release.jpg

£25 million in sales in less than 24 hours!  even @arshimo2012 can't match that here with his always reasonable / forever flying out prices 

16 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Seeing as there are still a few full, half and quarters left, I'm contemplating moving some assets around and maybe going for either a Full Sovereign or a Half + a Quarter sovereign... Anyone have thoughts on the best option? 🤔

TIA,

Bob

Three coin set will be cheaper if you got all three. But if the budget cannot stretch I would say the half is going to be a nice entry point

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

17 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Don't forget to add the sales of the two coin sets to that list 😄

I refuse to add these to the list on principal that the price for the 1957 is tantamount to a scam. 

But, with 782 sold thats another £1,094,800

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Three coin set will be cheaper if you got all three. But if the budget cannot stretch I would say the half is going to be a nice entry point

Very true, but not sure the funds will stretch to that... worth some calculating though by the sound of it... 🤔

... and agree that the half might be a good way to go - as it happens, I am lucky enough to have the 2022 Platinum Jubilee Sovereigns (Full and Half) in PF70, so would like to ultimately get them in the New 2022 sovereign too.

Mentioned the Quarter as apparently it's the first time since 2019 that the quarter has been available separately, plus a 3000 mintage - but half might be a good starting point. Thanks!

Ah.....

Thats so much better!

Took me all of 5 minutes with a quick photo shop.

Imagine what the RM could do with the £26,000,000+ revenue they just got....

oie_oI9R43iE75Ka.jpg

Just now, SheepStacker said:

Looks like a cool £11.68m profit, going on yesterday's spot price.

2022-11-16_09-58.png

Don't forget all the costs of production though, Die design, manufacturing, blank production, energy costs, packaging, staff costs, free shipping (for those that still get it) 

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Don't forget all the costs of production though, Die design, manufacturing, blank production, energy costs, packaging, staff costs, free shipping (for those that still get it) 

and re-sellers discounts 🙂

Just now, BackyardBullion said:

I thought the elves at the Royal Mint worked for free? 😂

Buy high. Sell low.

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

savings made in QC dept though ! 

. . . . . . . .and cost of returns, re-melting, re-casting, re-minting, secondary disptach

1 hour ago, Timberwolf said:

I think it's a combination of factors putting people off:

1. Mintage. Almost doubled for some sets, for example 5 coin set 700 for 2022 Platinum Jubilee (much rarer event also), vs 1200 for Charles III's first sovereign. That's a huge increase...

2. Popularity of the Queen. 

3. Majority of people not being interested in what Charles III reign symbolises for the UK. It's a very different era, one where the UK has lost much of it's power, economic might, credibility and worldwide influence. India recently overtook the UK to become the 5th largest economy (by GDP). Paris just took the #1 stock market position from London. We're a complete laughing stock to the world after Liz Truss's pathetic few weeks as PM. 

I’ve got a few 2022 QEII as well 🤗 I’ve definitely won on those all year so, even if the KCIII does not do as well (I think it will) add the 2 together and I’m still in the gravy……..what’s not to like? 

Ah.....

Thats so much better!

Took me all of 5 minutes with a quick photo shop.

Imagine what the RM could do with the £26,000,000+ revenue they just got....

oie_oI9R43iE75Ka.jpg

I saw how much this annoyed you in your video. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Look at it from a visual marketing aspect, if every coin in those pictures were perfectly straight, then you wouldn't notice one over the others, by them tilting it differently your eye catches it, so it stands out, and as it's a photo of the new reverse of the coin, they want that picture to stand out amongst the other pictures. So by the fact you noticed it so much, it's job done by the design team! 

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

Here is a 24 hour update on what is "available" currently and therefore a calculation on what has been sold. 

Sovereign Release.jpg

We probably need to treat these figures carefully as this is generated by the RM systems to control stock that they have. There will be plenty of coins with dealers etc. that should also be taken from the numbers classes as sold - not all will have sold yet.

For example, with the full sovereign it is recorded that the Mint have 4281 which is calculated as meaning 13219 have sold. Some of those 13219 won’t yet have sold and will be sat in dealer stock.

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

We probably need to treat these figures carefully as this is generated by the RM systems to control stock that they have. There will be plenty of coins with dealers etc. that should also be taken from the numbers classes as sold - not all will have sold yet.

For example, with the full sovereign it is recorded that the Mint have 4281 which is calculated as meaning 13219 have sold. Some of those 13219 won’t yet have sold and will be sat in dealer stock.

So that why coins come back in stock after being sold out for awhile.

4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Plus when the mint periodically increases the "total available" amount then it's not possible to determine how many they have sold directly, unless you've been monitoring and logging it nonstop.

2 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

So that why coins come back in stock after being sold out for awhile.

unsold pooled pre-allocated/reserved coins for RM Mint Marque members, once the account managers had finished doing the rounds of their clients on the phone on release day would be my guess 

16 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’ve got a few 2022 QEII as well 🤗 I’ve definitely won on those all year so, even if the KCIII does not do as well (I think it will) add the 2 together and I’m still in the gravy……..what’s not to like? 

That's a lot of gravy Dave 😃

sml-junior.gif

I bought the standalone half sov. But was wondering if buying the 3 coin set would be better value for money, even though they're all proofs 🤔 

It would be my first proof set so I'm a bit sceptical of throwing this kind of money at it (partially due to the comments on here). Plus knowing about RM QC and the size of a quarter sovereign, I really hope I don't have to deal with returns etc. Any tips or recommendations?

I obviously want the value to be retained and carried forward to the future, maybe even generations ahead. Might send the 1 half sov to grading, or keep it in its nice presentation box, etc. Not suee yet though.

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

21 minutes ago, stackerp5 said:

I bought the standalone half sov. But was wondering if buying the 3 coin set would be better value for money, even though they're all proofs 🤔 

It would be my first proof set so I'm a bit sceptical of throwing this kind of money at it (partially due to the comments on here). Plus knowing about RM QC and the size of a quarter sovereign, I really hope I don't have to deal with returns etc. Any tips or recommendations?

I obviously want the value to be retained and carried forward to the future, maybe even generations ahead. Might send the 1 half sov to grading, or keep it in its nice presentation box, etc. Not suee yet though.

I wouldn’t listen to the advice of any stranger on a forum. What do we know 🤣

My thinking was I buy the 3 coin set and sell the half and quarter. How cheap does that make your one sov? Very I would think. 

People are getting poorer soon all they will be able to afford is a collection of quarter sovs.