• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

4 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

Would you like to sell it? 😂

Nope i

t'll go to safe deposit box Thurs  and wait til I've got around a grand for the next gold deal to come around

Deals to be had every day honestly,nothing wrong with keeping and stacking fiat for that right deal. 

Never need to.say yes to every deal 

I managed a Piedfort and 1 Sov via dealer so was just browsing today, it means I have both 2022s in these formats.

Chuffed to bits is an understatement as I thought I'd only afford one 2022 Sovereign proof this year - for **** sake don't tell the Mrs 🙈

Now to desperately start saving for the 2023 Coronation...

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

16 minutes ago, R33f said:

Might be still too early to tell whether this release will prove to be a winner or a flop, but as a relative newcomer, one thing I would query is how has the PR/communications campaign for this release been handled compared to previous releases?

As someone who works in mar/comms I was surprised about the relatively short lead-time from announcement and the fairly sparse promotion on social media channels. This could be pretty standard so perhaps I'm wide of the mark as I have no professional experience in the marketing of numismatics / RM collectibles.

For me, the marketing - whilst clearly reaching its core audience (i.e. TSF) - does seem very low key. 

You're right its been quick short and sweet. Normally when you see it on daily mail, the sun and the one show on BBC it's a big release

Possibly as they are collecting funds now and know it's not dispatching until mid Jan maybe to soft l/ under the radar launch today.maybe ??

21 minutes ago, SiCole said:

Instead of all the negativity, what’s everybody actually spent all their hard earned on today and now looking forward to getting?

I was going to buy 1 full sovereign and the 4 box set...

Ended up with 

2 × 4 box set 

1 × 3 box set 

2 × full sovereigns 

1× half sovereign 

Tempted for the 5 box ...but wife will go mad lol

The 4 set is the only one to get sold out but I reckon they will be back in stock again soon. So who ahs orderd the 4 cion set? Judging by the queue this morning I came in at just over 3000 and I was there at 8.32am I get a feeling there is about 5,000 people in search or on or more coins.

1 minute ago, AurumArgenti said:

On a positive note golds up on the start of WW3. 

Gold wont be needed if thats the case.....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

You're right its been quick short and sweet. Normally when you see it on daily mail, the sun and the one show on BBC it's a big release

Possibly as they are collecting funds now and know it's not dispatching until mid Jan maybe to soft l/ under the radar launch today.maybe ??

Yes good point and as there's plenty more to come in 2023 they may be pacing themselves, there'll be plenty of low hanging PR fruit in the run up to the coronation. 

2 minutes ago, R33f said:

Yes good point and as there's plenty more to come in 2023 they may be pacing themselves, there'll be plenty of low hanging PR fruit in the run up to the coronation. 

There'll be no shortage of long term losing  c**p and rubbish released next year I've no doubt.  

Stay tuned here on TSF for your free investment advice and guidance :) 

For the good stuff 

2 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Maximum coin mintage: 6480, what? I'm going to assume that's including the coins in the coin sets? Not that they're just gonna pump out another 3k if they desire, right? 

Screenshot_20221115_192757_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221115_192805_com.android.chrome.jpg

This will be one’s included in the sets

1 hour ago, TheShinyStuff said:

I'd be delighted if they stay unsold and all end up in the pot. Mintages slashed in a heartbeat...

Definitely, especially the Piedfort (being selfish, but I do think it's the dark horse after the erratic but mostly significant Lizzie releases, and likely to be slashed/omitted after 2023)!

1 hour ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Seriously, I think this will do well in due course, like it or not, this is the first sovereign with the new king. It is a piece of history.

Absolutely, and I actually think the RM has been very clever here and it's going to be a win-win for all given time.

Sure, they messed up the 'sold out'. I don't buy that this was deliberate to let them trickle through, I don't think they're that clever, considerate of customers (!) in different timezones, I just think they were a bit too cautious (for once) and some of their marquee customers (the seriously wealthy who only want 'the thing no-one else can get') withdrew. Or, most likely, Dave from the pub who they got in to redo their website just screwed up.

Always buy the coins you like and you cannot go wrong. The design on this coin is amazing to say the least. One of the most beautiful sovereigns out there designed by the legendary engraver Jody Clark who made the Britannia 2014, the Queens last effigy and the Queens Beasts and Completer coin! People who will miss out and future collectors are going to be looking  for these coins. Mintage numbers are higher than before but not the highest of special reverses. This was not advertised well, actually really badly as they sent an email 1 week before release and that was it. Higher mintages and higher prices all contribute to slow sale, HOWEVER, i must say that all sets were sold out by lunch time and then in the afternoon RM decided to add more (even though they actually wrote “sold out”).
These coins are a part of history, a wonderful design and the first sovereign of the new King. I have no doubt in my mind that these will appreciate very well in the long run. I am glad i could buy the 5-coin set as this design will be a stunner and i am sure will be one of my favourites.