• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

Just now, Fathallazf said:

I didnt understand 😅 i need a reassurance please. Is there a possibility to be canceled or not?  

If you purchase a coin with a card it is the cards registered address that is recorded not the delivered too address.

If you buy 10 coins on 1 card delivered too 10 different addresses you will get 1 coin delivered to the cards registered address.

This is how I understand it

B

1 minute ago, Fathallazf said:

I didnt understand 😅 i need a reassurance please. Is there a possibility to be canceled or not?  

Sorry their post just reminded me of the Queen song One Vision 

If one card was used to purchase two of the same coin it's entirely possible one of the orders will be cancelled, If it were me I'd assume it would be to avoid disappointment

Hopefully for your sake they gloss over it and you get the coin

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 minute ago, Becca said:

If you purchase a coin with a card it is the cards registered address that is recorded not the delivered too address.

If you buy 10 coins on 1 card delivered too 10 different addresses you will get 1 coin delivered to the cards registered address.

This is how I understand it

B

US Mint won't even let you check out if you've already purchased with one card, doesn't matter if it's a different account going to different address. They pick it up because the billing address has already been used. Not sure how RM will handle a situation like that.

Very sad for the genuine collector who missed out during the melee this morning and there will be many. A very elderly collector friend i have just called me in despair asking about buying one secondary market and i told him to forget about it, in fact i felt that sorry for him for one moment i thought of selling him mine but then reality kicked in.

8 minutes ago, Fathallazf said:

I would phone customer services and explain. They are usually useful. Maybe wait a few days as today the phone will be off the hook.

10 minutes ago, Fathallazf said:

to be frank, yes I'm afraid. it depends on how good their procedures are

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

If I have been charged and only bought 1 coin can they cancel if so what could be the reason if it was available when the sale was concluded 

I don't usually have any luck with these type of things

Edited by MikeG1978

1 minute ago, Fivepoundfred said:

Very sad for the genuine collector who missed out during the melee this morning and there will be many. A very elderly collector friend i have just called me in despair asking about buying one secondary market and i told him to forget about it, in fact i felt that sorry for him for one moment i thought of selling him mine but then reality kicked in.

It is frustrating to say the least for many, my Dad who is a collector really wanted one but had the same payment issues as everyone else, I was lucky to get one so I think I'm going to split the cost of mine with him. Money is just a number :).

2 minutes ago, Fivepoundfred said:

Perhaps you could sell to him on the basis that he bequeaths it to you in his will and you return the sale price that he agreed to, to his next of kin. That way he gets to enjoy it and you get it back at no specific cost. It is just going to gather dust otherwise, right? He can then enjoy it in his collection for a short period. 

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Perhaps you could sell to him on the basis that he bequeaths it to you in his will and you return the sale price that he agreed to, to his next of kin. That way he gets to enjoy it and you get it back at no specific cost. It is just going to gather dust otherwise, right? He can then enjoy it in his collection for a short period. 

I thought about asking my account manager for another but you may be surprised to hear that he is keeping a very low profile this morning.

1 minute ago, Fivepoundfred said:

I thought about asking my account manager for another but you may be surprised to hear that he is keeping a very low profile this morning.

My account manager is not replying to me at all. I think she is hiding from me because of the NGC issued PF69 mess.......sad times.

So again, its gone. Had the 5 OZ and the 2 OZ in basket, while finishing the payment, everything was gone. 😭 Maybe i should collect Maples and Britannias and not really beatifull coins to have the opportunity to get one.

So now i picked up a 100 OZ Una and the lion bar from LPM. Maybe i let it fall on my foot to get me out of psychological problems right now. What a sad start into a new week.

48 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Grade, but do it yourself or via Coins of the Realm which is cheaper that other providers of a similar service. I self grade and would recommend it, but if you want a third party to assist, then you would at least get the actual coin you submitted back if you went with them. Others have been accused of switching to achieve the best possible outcome. Not something that I have personally experienced, but absolutely one that people talk about. 

The Royal Mint monitor Ebay sales. If you have listed it and do not then receive the coin from the Mint, do not be surprised.

I’d never thought of doing it myself. Is there any links you could share? I found it too expensive with the previous option available on here

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

If anyone has some time, take a look at this - interesting and about the original Crown from 1817: https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/211378

Also this sculpture, which Wyon may have seen given the time line: https://www.vam.ac.uk/articles/the-three-graces

Apologies if I am repeating what has already been said.

Does anybody know how long it took for the 2 ounce silver 3 Graces to sell out?

I had the same issue other people had in that my card payment went through ok, when landed back on Royal mint site, it came up with payment error code, this was at 9.09am, tried again, same, even tried a different card, third time lucky, but no.

Have just rang Royal mint to check, and was told it's because they had already sold out!!

Congratulations to every one who was lucky and got one.   

Not much more I could have done!

Paul.