• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

4 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

i think for a lot of people it seems to be a bit of a mind field for DIY grading (me included)

i think a thread dedicated this subject would be a great addition to the forum 

i just cant think for the life of me the best person to start this thread  (andrew haha) ?????

There are others far more experienced in this than me. I only know the process for NGC and PCGS as I have submitted with both. Very happy to share those experiences and answers questions by PM if helpful. I would have loved someone to have done the same for me when I started out! There are absolutely other people on here with more experience that you should really be listening to! They will likely just be modest as hell......

1 hour ago, Paulo said:

Apologies if I am repeating what has already been said.

Does anybody know how long it took for the 2 ounce silver 3 Graces to sell out?

I had the same issue other people had in that my card payment went through ok, when landed back on Royal mint site, it came up with payment error code, this was at 9.09am, tried again, same, even tried a different card, third time lucky, but no.

Have just rang Royal mint to check, and was told it's because they had already sold out!!

Congratulations to every one who was lucky and got one.   

Not much more I could have done!

Paul.

I had one removed from my basket at about 9.20am, so a little before that. 

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

There are others far more experienced in this than me. I only know the process for NGC and PCGS as I have submitted with both. Very happy to share those experiences and answers questions by PM if helpful. I would have loved someone to have done the same for me when I started out! There are absolutely other people on here with more experience that you should really be listening to! They will likely just be modest as hell......

so we cant expect a youtube channel from you soon either ? haha

all joking aside, it would be good for a thread on this big part of our great hobby  

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I don’t want to give the royal mint too much credit yet as the coins not shipped and qc may be off BUT they should be given credit for putting up all 4 coins on the website this morning.   They could sell out 10 times over without going online but everyone here had the opportunity to get hold of one and 3 of the 4 purchased by people on this thread. Time will tell now if they honour all orders and quality control has been sorted.   So far well done the royal mint

27 minutes ago, soverignstacker said:

I have graded many coins with that person and have never had any concerns and always been very happy with the service plus if I am lucky enough to receive my order I will be sending it to be graded with that person again. I have never had any cause to believe that he swops out coins to suit himself ,so you pays your money and makes your choice 

I think I'm cottoning on to something here, this person is no longer a member of TSF, is that correct?  I have recently had 2 Unas graded by them and had no issue whatsoever. Got a 70 and a 69, so very very happy!  Trust is important and because he was on here I trusted him. Then after i sent my coins his profile on here was deleted and I got very nervous. I needn't have though because his communication is excellent and at some point you have got to trust people.  How would you ever know for certain you are receiving the same coin you sent off?

24 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

Up at BCC for 2750, smh.

Pretty impressive mark up. I wonder what the dealer price was ~£125ish? At £2200 excluding VAT that would be over 2k on each coin. There's at least 10 coins in stock so an easy £20,000 profit if they sell. 

That said, the price is more than a raw Una which seems misplaced.

2 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

thats why you dont have 2x 70s 😝

I'd prefer to pay more and grade it myself and then you know it's your coin and your coin that's actually been conserved. 

I think having a thread dedicated to grading would be a good idea.

For example, I'd like to know if the new PCGS holders project more light on to a coin in more ways when viewing it, due to having more transparent plastic around the coin and present the coin a little bit better?

Edited by GoldenGriffin

Tbh I’ve always wondered how you can trust a third party to not simply keep your higher graded coin and send you back their lower graded coin.

Not saying I’ve experienced this (I’ve never graded anything) nor have I heard of any third party doing this (some posts above are the first time I’m reading that something like this may have happened).

If it were me, I would just pay a bit more and put some extra effort to grade my coins myself, especially if they were middle-to-high-end coins and I knew the return on investment would outweigh all the fees and grading costs.

Edited by westminstrel

8 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I worry about paying for conservation with a third party and the coin not actually sent off for conservation and then the coin having a higher chance of receiving a grade less than 70.

I'd prefer to pay more and grade it myself and then you know it's your coin and your coin that's actually been conserved.  I know that a 3rd party admitted to pocketing the conservation money and not sending the coin for conservation, so I'm very sceptical about 3rd parties.

I think having a thread dedicated to grading would be a good idea.

For example, I'd like to know if the new PCGS holders project more light on to a coin in more ways when viewing it, due to having more transparent plastic around the coin?

I just say it once ....

for example if you are going to grade with ngc , the only thing you will need to get it right is the credit card number 

you can tell them you don’t know how to do it and they do it for you , fill the form up 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Tbh I’ve always wondered how you can trust a third party to not simply keep your higher graded coin and send you back their lower graded coin.

Not saying I’ve experienced this (I’ve never graded anything) nor have I heard of any third party doing this (some posts above are the first time I’m reading that something like this may have happened).

If it were me, I would just pay a bit more and put some extra effort to grade my coins myself, especially if they were middle-to-high-end coins and I knew the return on investment would outweigh all the fees and grading costs.

Agree.

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

so true and worrying 

I've just spent the last few hours looking over all my slabs 

i don't know what i expect to see or to find out, but i am doing it all the same haha 

Hey has anyone noticed they changed the packaging design?

The Una and the Lion had a creamish box with THE GREAT ENGRAVERS and UNA AND THE LION written on it. And there was William Wyon’s signature as a background.

This box looks different and sort of standard - nothing that design-wise alludes to the Three Graces.

Yes I notice all sorts of design details. 😇

4 minutes ago, ak74 said:

Hopefully my order will nit be cancelled. And it was a little bit cheaper than the usual price. ;)

Screenshot (55).png

But you will charged with import VAT, that's probably why you pay it without VAT in UK

Edited by Frenchie