• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

Just now, Paulo said:

Apologies if I am repeating what has already been said.

Does anybody know how long it took for the 2 ounce silver 3 Graces to sell out?

I had the same issue other people had in that my card payment went through ok, when landed back on Royal mint site, it came up with payment error code, this was at 9.09am, tried again, same, even tried a different card, third time lucky, but no.

Have just rang Royal mint to check, and was told it's because they had already sold out!!

Congratulations to every one who was lucky and got one.   

Not much more I could have done!

Paul.

15 mins ish 

Just now, Paulo said:

Apologies if I am repeating what has already been said.

Does anybody know how long it took for the 2 ounce silver 3 Graces to sell out?

I had the same issue other people had in that my card payment went through ok, when landed back on Royal mint site, it came up with payment error code, this was at 9.09am, tried again, same, even tried a different card, third time lucky, but no.

Have just rang Royal mint to check, and was told it's because they had already sold out!!

Congratulations to every one who was lucky and got one.   

Not much more I could have done!

Paul.

around 5-6 mins

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 minute ago, creative said:

I’d never thought of doing it myself. Is there any links you could share? I found it too expensive with the previous option available on here

Just go to the NGC website and join as a member. You will of course need to be mindful of the fees - 25$ joining fee to get direct submission rights and then grading and processing fees. The whole point of going through a third party is to reduce these fees, but then you lose control of the process and risk your coins being mixed up with others etc. 

You have a processing fee for each form - so better, if you are going to self grade, to wait until you can fill the form - that will save some money. Have a look at the site and review the costs. It is not difficult. 

Also, if you live in London, the NGC office is in central around the corner from the British Museum. That way you avoid postage fees too.

https://www.ngccoin.uk/join/

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Just go to the NGC website and join as a member. You will of course need to be mindful of the fees - 25$ joining fee to get direct submission rights and then grading and processing fees. The whole point of going through a third party is to reduce these fees, but then you lose control of the process and risk your coins being mixed up with others etc. 

You have a processing fee for each form - so better, if you are going to self grade, to wait until you can fill the form - that will save some money. Have a look at the site and review the costs. It is not difficult. 

Also, if you live in London, the NGC office is in central around the corner from the British Museum. That way you avoid postage fees too.

https://www.ngccoin.uk/join/

Cheers.

great advice 

and thats a ****ing scary thought, about coins being mixed up intentionally or unintentionally  

but something i considered when grading before 

Edited by magpie79

1 minute ago, MikeG1978 said:

If they have taken payment and I have an order number how realistic would it be for them to cancel

I know its possible but surely if you got in before sold out  you got in?

They have cancelled my orders in the past and I know they have cancelled others. It has not happened to me for a while. The last time was with the 2oz Queen release. I consider myself really lucky which is why I am crossing all crossable parts of my body for the next four week. I would absolutely love to receive the coins I have ordered. I hope you receive yours!!

Just now, magpie79 said:

great advice 

and thats a ****ing scary thought, about coins being mixed up intentionally or intentionally  

Cheers. I think to be clear, most third party grading services will be very careful and if you have a rare coin, then I would not worry too much. Where it becomes an issue is with the wider releases like Elton John, Bowie, Three Graces etc. I will always self grade the coins that fall into that latter category. For the rarer coins, I would absolutely use the service offered by Coins of the Realm. Trustworthy and honest. I would even use them for the Three Graces if it wasn't for me wanting to totally geek out on the process myself........there is something really cool about receiving update emails and being able to log in and see what is happening.......

3 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

If they have taken payment and I have an order number how realistic would it be for them to cancel

I have just had an email off the mint about my order as I had some problems; the money has been taken and the order has been placed but they said that at this moment it’s placed only but still dependent on availability - they confirm the orders in the near future (or cancel it I guess)

2 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

great advice 

and thats a ****ing scary thought, about coins being mixed up intentionally or unintentionally  

I've not heard of anyone doing it deliberately but I guess there's an incentive given the price difference between PF69 and PF70. For a silver Una its several thousand. Easy to swap your 69 for someone's 70 before shipping.

7 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

had 2oz gold bowie cancelled

they sent a free 1/2oz silver bowie and (after few emails complaining) 1oz proof silver griffin 

• Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be posted within 30 days of purchase.
  • The date the item will be available to post must be clearly stated in the listing.
  • Listings must clearly indicate in the title and description that the item is being offered for presale.

taken from ebay terms and conditions

Edited by fehk2001

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 minute ago, creative said:

How do you know when your order is actually confirmed? Does it update you or just post out?

You will get an email at point of dispatch if your order has been processed. This will include tracking details.

Your money should bounce back in the next seven days and then they will take the money again on day of dispatch. 

1 hour ago, Altitudes said:

Did you guys say these will still take a month to ship out?

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

4 weeks it says.

They seem to be beating their estimate delivery schedules these days, so hopefully sooner🤞

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Grade, but do it yourself or via Coins of the Realm which is cheaper that other providers of a similar service. I self grade and would recommend it, but if you want a third party to assist, then you would at least get the actual coin you submitted back if you went with them. Others have been accused of switching to achieve the best possible outcome. Not something that I have personally experienced, but absolutely one that people talk about. 

I have always considered this a possibilty but everyone who graded with a certain previous TSF member, to my knowledge, was happy with the service provided.

When and where was this aspect talked about?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

I have always considered this a possibilty but everyone who graded with a certain previous TSF member, to my knowledge, was happy with the service provided.

When and where was this aspect talked about?

I’m not talking about that person. I never graded with them. I did discuss it a few times a while back but they were too busy for my liking (great for them, of course) and I preferred to do it myself. 

The issue of switching was discussed on the PCGS forum last year. 

I have graded many coins with that person and have never had any concerns and always been very happy with the service plus if I am lucky enough to receive my order I will be sending it to be graded with that person again. I have never had any cause to believe that he swops out coins to suit himself ,so you pays your money and makes your choice 

Just now, AurumArgenti said:

Who do people use to grade with PSG?

I have only ever graded with PCGS myself. I have never used a third party service. I cannot therefore recommend anyone.

There are a number of dealers in the UK that offer a service.

The reason I self grade is because I love the interaction you get and they have an app which allows you to follow the coin through the process. I have sent direct to California and also via Paris. I prefer sending direct, but it is more expensive. 

Here is the UK list. Bear in mind that the auction houses (such as Dix Noonan Webb) may only offer the grading service if you intend on consigning post grading.

Aurea Moneta Ltd.

Bullion House

Direct Bullion

Dix Noonan Webb

GK Coins Ltd.

Knightsbridge Coins

Rosland Capital Limited

The Coin Cabinet

WPM & Co. Limited

Just for clarity, as coins are submitted with grading services like PCGS and NGC, they are listed on forms. If the person you instruct to grade for you confirms the relevant submission number, then you know this before the coin is graded and so switching is difficult. If the service provider is reluctant to share this information and the coin is not rare or from a large recent mintage, then consider this an issue.

This is going off topic now. Apologies.

We should start a new topic for grading results for the Three Graces....I can do this once the coins are received if no one else does. I can share the updates as the coins go through the process.

Back to the Three Graces!! (sorry!) 

i think for a lot of people it seems to be a bit of a mind field for DIY grading (me included)

i think a thread dedicated this subject would be a great addition to the forum 

i just cant think for the life of me the best person to start this thread  (andrew haha) ?????