• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

7 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

So Una didn't have a 5oz?

That's my understanding, yes. Maybe they'll make one now? Would be a bit suss, though. 🧐

https://agaunews.com/dipping-into-its-rich-past-the-royal-mint-resurrects-the-classic-una-and-the-lion-for-stunning-new-coin/

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 7.39.07 pm.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 minute ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

The gold was very much there and for general sale. I got on there earlier than I expected added a 2oz gold in the cart but had problems with my address so by the time that was sorted the gold had sold out. Anyone able to get in and check out quick enough could have got one. Have to give some credit to the Royal Mint for putting them out for general release and add a huge congrats to anyone that was able to snag one. I very much figured we wouldn't see the gold at all in a general release like that.

🤦‍♂️ better luck next time 

1 minute ago, Gypsy said:

Does anyone know if 2 orders can be placed from one household,on different names??

They check households and cancel duplicates. I guess if you have flat a and flat b it would be OK. But if you had two people in Flat A then likelihood is that the second purchase will be cancelled.

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

They check households and cancel duplicates. I guess if you have flat a and flat b it would be OK. But if you had two people in Flat A then likelihood is that the second purchase will be cancelled.

That’s good to know. Thanks. 

Is placing an order on both a 2oz and 5oz silver against their rules? I know it said one coin type per household, but is that the type of metal or the size? It’s a little ambiguous, I would be dissapointed if they were to cancel one of my orders on those grounds...

Just now, Aiden2343 said:

Is placing an order on both a 2oz and 5oz silver against their rules? I know it said one coin type per household, but is that the type of metal or the size? It’s a little ambiguous, I would be dissapointed if they were to cancel one of my orders on those grounds...

My understanding is that it is relevant to the denomination. So if you bought a 2oz Gold and a 2oz Silver you should expect both unless there are other issues that would prevent the sale.

Just now, Aiden2343 said:

you should be fine we’ll done for getting that 5oz 

Just now, Paul said:

yes, just less polite sweet FA :) 

go to work 🤣

1 minute ago, Aiden2343 said:

That should be ok.

Give it to The Royal Mint for this one, at least providing us with advanced indications and warning on the release today and the emails came timely for notification. I think that helped alleviate some concerns on release timing, even though it has been a tenuous couple of months awaiting this release. I had even received an email from my account manager this morning, which was also a little reassuring as well with them improving communications. I hope they keep up on timely comms from what we have all experienced previously.

1 minute ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Give it to The Royal Mint for this one, at least providing us with advanced indications and warning on the release today and the emails came timely for notification. I think that helped alleviate some concerns on release timing, even though it has been a tenuous couple of months awaiting this release. I had even received an email from my account manager this morning, which was also a little reassuring as well with them improving communications. I hope they keep up on timely comms from what we have all experienced previously.

I emailed my account manager this morning too. I was at one point going to have to miss the launch and wrote to ask her to put me on her waiting list for any stock she had left to distribute. I am still waiting for a response!! All good. I managed to bag one. Glad to hear the 'improved' comms are working well for you at least!! I am bored of complaining about my ongoing issues.....I am still crying about the PF69 End of War they sent me when I ordered the PF70............

3 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

You have a good account manager. Mine is useless.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA